Jim Harbaugh

Still lead the nation in all-time winning percentage and number of victories but yes, currently, something must be done. Must recruit better, better coaching and get back to recruiting in Ohio.

Ohio State doesn’t recruit Ohio anymore. Well they do, but top players are limited as Ohio doesn’t have the premiere high school talent it used to and they have to recruit more nationally to remain national title contenders.

Ohio State doesn’t recruit Ohio anymore. Well they do, but top players are limited as Ohio doesn’t have the premiere high school talent it used to and they have to recruit more nationally to remain national title contenders.

A boon to UNati.

Maybe quit focusing on "social justice" less and preparing for the upcoming season more next year.
Sick of watching privileged college kids who receive six figure college education for free, and privileged college coaches making millions, march under the false premise of "systemic racism".

Enjoy your privilege and get off of your high horse.

Still lead the nation in all-time winning percentage and number of victories but yes, currently, something must be done. Must recruit better, better coaching and get back to recruiting in Ohio.

I mean...great.. but who cares? The last 50 years of Michigan football have been pretty ho-hum. Right now you're on par with Rutgers.

We need a young fresh unknown coach like Bo was when he came in. A virtual unknown. Ya never know......

Bo got you perennial 9-10 win teams, 0 national championships, and a losing bowl record. You have that with Harbaugh. The unknown could be worse.

I mean...great.. but who cares? The last 50 years of Michigan football have been pretty ho-hum. Right now you're on par with Rutgers.

Bo got you perennial 9-10 win teams, 0 national championships, and a losing bowl record. You have that with Harbaugh. The unknown could be worse.
You’re showing your lack of football knowledge when you knock Bo. OSU’s natioNeal championship included today really weren’t back in the day. Ohio State championships under Woody were considered to be 1954 and 1968. There was always some blemish like in 1961, 1970 and Lord knows what other ones you’re claiming. No was 5-4-1 against Hayes and BOTH had miserable Rose Bowl records during that 10 year period. Finally, there was not the emphasis to win NCs like there is today.
yep, I’d love to have another Bo Schembechler coaching Michigan.

You’re showing your lack of football knowledge when you knock Bo. OSU’s natioNeal championship included today really weren’t back in the day. Ohio State championships under Woody were considered to be 1954 and 1968. There was always some blemish like in 1961, 1970 and Lord knows what other ones you’re claiming. No was 5-4-1 against Hayes and BOTH had miserable Rose Bowl records during that 10 year period. Finally, there was not the emphasis to win NCs like there is today.

So which part was inaccurate? The fact he was typically a 9-10 win team, the fact he had 0 national championships, or the fact he had an abysmal bowl record?

Bo was 5-12 in bowl games, Woody 5-6. Bo won 0 national championships. Woody won 5.

OSU fans aren't asking for the next Woody in Columbus. They want better than Woody and now it's an elite program.

The pinnacle of Michigan football coaching was 9-10 wins, 0 championships, and a terrible bowl record. Michigan fans harp about going back to the glory days of being an elite program and being what OSU, Alabama, and Clemson are now. Michigan never was that.

Maybe quit focusing on "social justice" less and preparing for the upcoming season more next year.
Sick of watching privileged college kids who receive six figure college education for free, and privileged college coaches making millions, march under the false premise of "systemic racism".

You'd have a point if OSU, Bama, Clemson, etc. didn't do the same lol. But cute try.

Looks like South Carolina has kicked the tires of the hot Southern Group of 5 coaches, so far Coastal Carolina’s Jamey Chadwell and Louisiana’s Billy Napier have interviewed for the position. There is also a rumor that Oklahoma OC Shane Beamer was interviewed over the Holiday weekend. I would not be surprised if Beamer gets the job as he has had success in his current job plus he has a name, Frank Beamer's kid, to sell to the big $ donors.

There are 53 Ohio players on the OSU team. 80 on UC.

I focus on recruiting classes, starters and two deep.

Ohio State Starters for 2020 Offense:

8 Out of state starters
3 Ohio starters

Ohio State Two-Deep for 2020 Offense:

18 Out of state two-deep
4 Ohio two-deep

Ohio State Starters for 2020 Defense:

9 Out of state staters
2 Ohio starters

Ohio State Two-Deep for 2020 Defense:

17 Out of state two-deep
5 Ohio two-deep

Recruiting Classes:

2021:
6 Ohio recruits / 14 Out of state recruits
2020: 7 Ohio recruits / 18 Out of state recruits
2019: 5 Ohio recruits / 12 Out of state recruits
2018: 5 Ohio recruits / 21 Out of state recruits
2017: 6 Ohio recruits / 15 Out of state recruits

Matt Campbell ... an Ohio native coaching at Michigan ... sound familiar
He should be the first choice. I’ve said it before, but take a minute to appreciate how hard it is to win at Iowa St. First off, geographically, you’re in a desolate recruiting area, secondly, you’re second fiddle in your own state. All of those high 3*/low 4* recruits in your area are going to Iowa. Finally, you don’t have the $ to really build the immaculate facilities that would allow you to be more competitive. I like to think of Iowa St as a poor man’s OK St. They’re pretty much in the same situation except Ok St has T. Boone Pickens $. And I know he’s dead, but I’m sure he has some kind of trust funneling $ to the school. As far as I know, Iowa St doesn’t have any Billionaire donors.

I’ll say this, I think they earn that scholarship $ and then some with how much $ football and basketball brings in. All of the social justice stuff aside, they should get a % of that $. The problem is, the $ they make, gets spent on funding the rest of the athletic dept.

At the same time, the life of a D1 football or bball player is pretty sweet. So many resources and other benefits off the field, they live far better than any regular student

Looks like South Carolina has kicked the tires of the hot Southern Group of 5 coaches, so far Coastal Carolina’s Jamey Chadwell and Louisiana’s Billy Napier have interviewed for the position. There is also a rumor that Oklahoma OC Shane Beamer was interviewed over the Holiday weekend. I would not be surprised if Beamer gets the job as he has had success in his current job plus he has a name, Frank Beamer's kid, to sell to the big $ donors.

That’s the problem, these guys think their school should be the big swinging diks they are. They can’t accept Scar isn’t as attractive a job as Bama, Florida, or even Tennessee. Napier would be a great hire, not sure about the other 2.

How about another Lloyd Carr instead? He won more titles than Bo.

He should be the first choice. I’ve said it before, but take a minute to appreciate how hard it is to win at Iowa St. First off, geographically, you’re in a desolate recruiting area, secondly, you’re second fiddle in your own state. All of those high 3*/low 4* recruits in your area are going to Iowa. Finally, you don’t have the $ to really build the immaculate facilities that would allow you to be more competitive. I like to think of Iowa St as a poor man’s OK St. They’re pretty much in the same situation except Ok St has T. Boone Pickens $. And I know he’s dead, but I’m sure he has some kind of trust funneling $ to the school. As far as I know, Iowa St doesn’t have any Billionaire donors.

I know of a 2021 recruit from NEO who was inches away from committing to Iowa St. but eventually landed at a big time program. He said Matt Campbell was legit and had a ton of energy going on at the program, he also doesn't think he will be moving on to another NCAA job; may be on more of a NFL trajectory similar to Matt Ruhle leaving Baylor for the Panthers.

I know of a 2021 recruit from NEO who was inches away from committing to Iowa St. but eventually landed at a big time program. He said Matt Campbell was legit and had a ton of energy going on at the program, he also doesn't think he will be moving on to another NCAA job; may be on more of a NFL trajectory similar to Matt Ruhle leaving Baylor for the Panthers.
But when that kid committed, the Michigan and possibly Texas jobs weren’t open.

So which part was inaccurate? The fact he was typically a 9-10 win team, the fact he had 0 national championships, or the fact he had an abysmal bowl record?

Bo was 5-12 in bowl games, Woody 5-6. Bo won 0 national championships. Woody won 5.

OSU fans aren't asking for the next Woody in Columbus. They want better than Woody and now it's an elite program.

The pinnacle of Michigan football coaching was 9-10 wins, 0 championships, and a terrible bowl record. Michigan fans harp about going back to the glory days of being an elite program and being what OSU, Alabama, and Clemson are now. Michigan never was that.
Michigan is kinda big on academics. Is Ohio State? I mean isn’t football way more important than academics? UM will never be a football factory....

Michigan is kinda big on academics. Is Ohio State? I mean isn’t football way more important than academics? UM will never be a football factory....

Yes, Ohio State is doing just fine on academics. This is another bogus argument Michigan fans love to use to justify their inadequacy.

Next we'll hear all about OSU cheating.

You just went 3 OTs with Rutgers and lost to 0-5 Penn St. OSU isn't your problem.

LMAO what a pathetic excuse of a cop out. Name 5 kids recruited in the last 3 years that Michigan wouldn't have taken because of academics. :LOL: :ROFLMAO:

Michigan’s academic requirements aren’t nearly as restrictive as you think. Nowhere close to Stanford, Nwest, or ND.

Prove it.

For starters Michigan's undergrad acceptance rate is 22.8%, Stanford's is 4.4%, Northwestern's is 8.5%, ND's is 17.7%. Michigan's '18-'19 freshman class typical ACT was 30-34, Stanford's was 32-35, Northwestern's was 33-35, ND's was 33-35. The average high school GPA of the admitted freshman class at Michigan was 3.82, Stanford was 4.12, Northwestern was 4.13, ND was 4.07.

Shocked you couldn't name 1 kid, let alone 5, in the last 3 classes at OSU who wouldn't have been admitted into Michigan.

For starters Michigan's undergrad acceptance rate is 22.8%, Stanford's is 4.4%, Northwestern's is 8.5%, ND's is 17.7%. Michigan's '18-'19 freshman class typical ACT was 30-34, Stanford's was 32-35, Northwestern's was 33-35, ND's was 33-35. The average high school GPA of the admitted freshman class at Michigan was 3.82, Stanford was 4.12, Northwestern was 4.13, ND was 4.07.

Shocked you couldn't name 1 kid, let alone 5, in the last 3 classes at OSU who wouldn't have been admitted into Michigan.
I’m ignoring standards for normal students. I think it’s safe to say the majority of football players wouldn’t get into any of these schools strictly on academic merit. Even the Ivy League gives some leeway for athletes. However, Michigan’s academic standards for athletes are nowhere near as restrictive as the other schools listed.

I’m ignoring standards for normal students. I think it’s safe to say the majority of football players wouldn’t get into any of these schools strictly on academic merit. Even the Ivy League gives some leeway for athletes. However, Michigan’s academic standards for athletes are nowhere near as restrictive as the other schools listed.

Oh for sure - that's the case at every school. But it shows even for the average student, it's harder to get into Stanford, NW and ND than it is UM. Which trickles down to athletes.

Academics aren't an impediment to UM having football success. That's a BS argument. Recruiting could be better, but they have done well enough that the primary problems at the moment are poor player development and schemes, whether it's the actual x's and o's or poor utilization of personnel within their systems.

The quantity of quality Ohio talent is not what it used to be. To get to that level of being a legit yearly playoff contender UM has to be a regional recruiting force plucking half or so of each class from a mix of Ohio, Michigan, Pennsylvania, Indiana, and Illinois. Probably 1/3 to 1/2 of a typical class has to be national recruits from hotbeds like Florida and Texas, including having to get some big time studs from these areas.

Academics aren't an impediment to UM having football success. That's a BS argument. Recruiting could be better, but they have done well enough that the primary problems at the moment are poor player development and schemes, whether it's the actual x's and o's or poor utilization of personnel within their systems.

The quantity of quality Ohio talent is not what it used to be. To get to that level of being a legit yearly playoff contender UM has to be a regional recruiting force plucking half or so of each class from a mix of Ohio, Michigan, Pennsylvania, Indiana, and Illinois. Probably 1/3 to 1/2 of a typical class has to be national recruits from hotbeds like Florida and Texas, including having to get some big time studs from these areas.

Michigan has historically recruited California strongly as well.

Here is the most current US News & World Report rankings for the top10 Universities that are part of a Power 5 Conference: https://www.usnews.com/best-colleges/rankings/national-universities

1) Stanford
2) Northwestern
3) Duke
4) Vanderbilt
5) Notre Dame
6) UCLA
7) Cal
8) Michigan
9) USC
10) UVA

Outside of ND none are what you would call currently football powers but historically ND, Michigan, & USC are in the top 10 all time for football. Point being is that it is possible to keep the academic integrity while also being good at football. But times change and maybe UM is not changing with them.

I have seen Michigan's facilities, they are on par with tOSU or any in the SEC so that is not the case. I think it is a couple factors, notably the lack of resources for the support staff, including assistant coaches, and the lack of identity as a program that can be sold to recruits. I guess Michigan has an identity but it seems to be about glory from what was the stone age of football or the silliness of the head coach. Not sure if this is what 4 & 5 star recruits with NFL aspirations are looking for in a football program these days. 'Bama & tOSU are basically NFL teams in feel and the way their programs are professionally run, Clemson has a charismatic coach that will unapologetically bring Jesus into the experience, Oklahoma has relaxed open door to transfers vibe, and even Wiscy has an identity as the place if you want to be part of a hard working blue collar group of guys. If I was the UM Admin I would look at the UM hoops team, could that work in football?

Here is the most current US News & World Report rankings for the top10 Universities that are part of a Power 5 Conference: https://www.usnews.com/best-colleges/rankings/national-universities

1) Stanford
2) Northwestern
3) Duke
4) Vanderbilt
5) Notre Dame
6) UCLA
7) Cal
8) Michigan
9) USC
10) UVA

Outside of ND none are what you would call currently football powers but historically ND, Michigan, & USC are in the top 10 all time for football. Point being is that it is possible to keep the academic integrity while also being good at football. But times change and maybe UM is not changing with them.

I have seen Michigan's facilities, they are on par with tOSU or any in the SEC so that is not the case. I think it is a couple factors, notably the lack of resources for the support staff, including assistant coaches, and the lack of identity as a program that can be sold to recruits. I guess Michigan has an identity but it seems to be about glory from what was the stone age of football or the silliness of the head coach. Not sure if this is what 4 & 5 star recruits with NFL aspirations are looking for in a football program these days. 'Bama & tOSU are basically NFL teams in feel and the way their programs are professionally run, Clemson has a charismatic coach that will unapologetically bring Jesus into the experience, Oklahoma has relaxed open door to transfers vibe, and even Wiscy has an identity as the place if you want to be part of a hard working blue collar group of guys. If I was the UM Admin I would look at the UM hoops team, could that work in football?
Basically agree. To the best of my knowledge, the president has never met the team, hasn’t talked to Harbaugh in six weeks and is all about academics. When I was involved with UM they had a cool saying, “Where academic excellence and athletic excellence meet.” I’m not sure UM will ever get back to being a top notch program. They did come within one very questionable call in the second overtime against Ohio State which would have put them in the playoffs in 2016. Harbaugh caught he’ll from the administration for throwing his clipboard down! Amazing! You have to have the administration pulling with you as opposed to against you.