Will the 2021 season be back to the old norm?

Status
Not open for further replies.

If only people get their golden ticket, aka, the Rona Vaccine.
GT.jpg

Yes and no, Yes because I say I think the capacity allowed at games will less restrictive than what it was this year. The 10 game season will return. I think you will see student sections return albeit maybe just Seniors and Juniors that are allowed to attend, and I think you can have more than 60 guys dress I can see 80-90. No because there will still be a capacity limit, probably 50% of normal capacity, masks will still be mandatory, student sections may still be restrictive. possible limit on how many guys can dress but more than 60. you could see full normalcy by the end of 2021 season

republicans already have 50/100 seats as long as they get one of the georgia seats it will be fine

And Manchin is unlikely to go with the far left platform that will destroy the country so it may be tough for the far left to ruin the United States, at least for 2 more years.

Since this is a HS football forum, I hope that the new "normal" still includes ALL schools (that want to) qualifying for the playoffs-- I've ALWAYS been an advocate of that-- and this year's formula (putting aside the spectator limitations, which have NOTHING to do with teams' participation in the playoffs) PROVES that putting ALL schools in is VERY DOABLE. It could be tweaked-- I don't care much about whether it's a 6-game or 7-game or 8-game or 9-game season, before the playoffs-- but the numbers can be made to work, if only the OHSAA decides to do it-- and I think fans of schools that do not regularly get into the playoffs were probably pretty happy with this season's formula.

In Division I, with only 64 total teams-- that is a 6-game playoff (max) to start with-- every team could be in, with a 9-game regular season-- and any team that loses in the first round STILL gets 10 games-- the same as they would have NOW without qualifying for the playoffs-- that is NO sacrifice of games at all. At the lower divisions, it could be done with an 8-game regular season-- and letting any team that loses in the first round schedule an extra exhibition game, after their playoff loss.

Since this is a HS football forum, I hope that the new "normal" still includes ALL schools (that want to) qualifying for the playoffs-- I've ALWAYS been an advocate of that-- and this year's formula (putting aside the spectator limitations, which have NOTHING to do with teams' participation in the playoffs) PROVES that putting ALL schools in is VERY DOABLE. It could be tweaked-- I don't care much about whether it's a 6-game or 7-game or 8-game or 9-game season, before the playoffs-- but the numbers can be made to work, if only the OHSAA decides to do it-- and I think fans of schools that do not regularly get into the playoffs were probably pretty happy with this season's formula.

In Division I, with only 64 total teams-- that is a 6-game playoff (max) to start with-- every team could be in, with a 9-game regular season-- and any team that loses in the first round STILL gets 10 games-- the same as they would have NOW without qualifying for the playoffs-- that is NO sacrifice of games at all. At the lower divisions, it could be done with an 8-game regular season-- and letting any team that loses in the first round schedule an extra exhibition game, after their playoff loss.

It can be done with 9. No division had more than 7 rounds, and the plan is for 16 weeks next year anyway.

I also want to see teams able to play their 10th regular season game once eliminated. Rivalries, team building, fresh matchups, and well, just letting kids be kids for one more week.

It can be done with 9. No division had more than 7 rounds, and the plan is for 16 weeks next year anyway.

I also want to see teams able to play their 10th regular season game once eliminated. Rivalries, team building, fresh matchups, and well, just letting kids be kids for one more week.
Almost like Baseball/Softball and of course, past Football season.

Heck no !!! People do not understand schools use reg. season ticket money, concessions, 50 / 50 to help fund the athletic department. Their is already enough play off games, no to everyone getting in. College teams don't even play as many games as H.S. teams do.

Last edited:
I'm not the least bit politically motivated, but it is stunning to read on here that a good portion of Yappi users think the Democrats are the problem or reason behind a global pandemic that was completely mishandled by a Republican President and Senate. It truly exemplifies the world of misinformation that we live in.

I'm not the least bit politically motivated, but it is stunning to read on here that a good portion of Yappi users think the Democrats are the problem or reason behind a global pandemic that was completely mishandled by a Republican President and Senate. It truly exemplifies the world of misinformation that we live in.
Stunning isn't it? How much has to go wrong before they actually admit they've been duped.

Why because they don’t source your news outlet? What evidence shows that the United States is any different than any other country? Perhaps your information is wrong

You make claims without evidence.

Let me show you how easy it is to do.

The democratic leaders did not denounce any riots knowing that it could and did spread the coronavirus. Their lack of leadership cost lives.

It’s a high school football forum, two intersecting interests (HS football + posting on a forum to talk about niche interests) that skew towards the general demographic of Americans (older, white and rural/exurban) that demonstrably have negative and baked-in views towards Democrats and the government.

I must have missed the travel ban and then OUR POTUS labeled as Sinophobic.

Wrong, most of us think China was and continues to be the problem. The Dems are simply using the virus for political gain. There seems to be no interest to see exactly how this pandemic originated and how we can stop it from happening again. Because it is going to happen again and likely will originate in China again. But you are correct it is all Trump's fault that Communist China either by negligence or recklessness unleashed a pandemic upon the world. China certainly will not have to answer to anything since Biden is already in their back pocket.

Please enlighten us all on how the President and the Senate mishandled the virus from China and what the Dems wanted to do that would have stopped it. I will wait for the reply.

Nice misinformation, something you say is ruining the country/world. I don't believe Reps think Dems are the "reason" behind the global pandemic, just have differing views on how to balance maintaining some semblance of an economy and OVERALL health. And the fact that we (The US or DEMS), would be so conceited that they believe that this could have been handled so much better than 180+ countries around the world??? Everyone is struggling with this situation, and yes some are handling a little better than others...watching too many movies, not every crisis ends up like Independence Day???

It’s a high school football forum, two intersecting interests (HS football + posting on a forum to talk about niche interests) that skew towards the general demographic of Americans (older, white and rural/exurban) that demonstrably have negative and baked-in views towards Democrats and the government.

? I am neither older nor rural/exburban. I also have an advanced degree from a first tier postgraduate school, so there goes one of the other leftie talking points about Rep voters. I am white however, so that is a strike against me. My parents were lifelong Catholic Democrats until the Dems went off the rails.

Summa...Did you happen to see the Woodward interview regarding misleading the public about the virus? Perhaps they didn't show that on Hannity or Carlson?

? I am neither older nor rural/exburban. I also have an advanced degree from a first tier postgraduate school, so there goes one of the other leftie talking points about Rep voters. I am white however, so that is a strike against me. My parents were lifelong Catholic Democrats until the Dems went off the rails.
Good for you. ⭐

Summa...Did you happen to see the Woodward interview regarding misleading the public about the virus? Perhaps they didn't show that on Hannity or Carlson?

Woodward is kind of a hack anymore. It is hilarious that you appear to be citing him as a neutral authority any different than a Hannity or Carlson. He is as partisan as they come. I don't watch Hannity by the way. Tucker's show is very entertaining.

Status
Not open for further replies.