D III State Championship: Chardon (11-0) vs. Columbus St. Francis DeSales (9-1)

Who wins?

• Chardon

Votes: 76 75.2%
  • DeSales

Votes: 25 24.8%

• Total voters
Sorry Pal. No Drop Down. The only drop down is your quote.
Congrats Chardon. You finally got the test you needed this season
and you pulled it off. Great Win.
Incorrect Sir--- in 2019 DeSales played in D2. So there was in fact a drop down in division from 2 to 3 this year. Both of these teams should be lucky that Trotwood had a down year, but not to worry, I'm sure that the Rams will be back in due time.

Incorrect Sir--- in 2019 DeSales played in D2. So there was in fact a drop down in division from 2 to 3 this year. Both of these teams should be lucky that Trotwood had a down year, but not to worry, I'm sure that the Rams will be back in due time.
DeSales was D2 last year only to a Freak enrollment. They have been D3
for the last 20 years. Catholics don’t drop down they play to the enrollment
they qualify under. It’s called playing by the rules. We have lost that
on all fronts in America.

Crazy that Kirtland and Chardon are 5mins apart. If Lake wins that is 3 champs in a 10min radius.

That area is probably the best for football right now. Kirtland, Mentor, Lake Catholic, Chardon, Perry, even Riverside has been pretty good the last few years.

And by best, they have great big school, medium size, and small school football.

That area is probably the best for football right now. Kirtland, Mentor, Lake Catholic, Chardon, Perry, even Riverside has been pretty good the last few years.

And by best, they have great big school, medium size, and small school football.
Mayfield has been pretty good too

Chardon will still have a state championship ring, Desales will still be the state runner ups and you’ll still be a douche bag
Chardon will still have a state championship ring, Desales will still be the state runner ups and you’ll still be a douche bag ?
Yappi left a word out ----- I bet you can figure out what it was joeyb77. It was right between go and yourself.

I could have been ignorant enough to respond like you did. Instead I’ll be kind and offer to buy you a happy meal.

Freak or not----my stat
ement
[/QU
I could have been ignorant enough to respond like you did. Instead I’ll be kind and offer to buy you a happy meal.
what ever ---- chump

Updated poll
Chardon 1
Desales a very close number 2
The rest doesn’t matter.
Side note. Trotwood as weak as Bodhizafa. Better luck next year. Buh bye

Can’t leave Kenston out of that group!

Amen to that.......we Catholics do not control where we are placed in the divisions. OHSAA does. All of this obvious prejudice against Catholics is blatant.. No one would make such comments about any other religion--at least, not written here any way. Now more than ever I will be for any Catholic school team that makes it to the title games. I used to root for the closest team to Columbus (Catholic or Public), but now I will be for all parochial schools, i.e., St. X blasting PC and Hoban rolling over MW.......now today, let's get another title with Lake Catholic.........After years and years of this prejudicial nonsense, I am going all out with Catholic school support.. My Catholic school's roster is made up of former Catholic grade school boys minus two who transferred from schools that did not play football.

Off the subject, but three of the four volleyball titles this year were Catholic.....must be something in the holy water.

As to the Catholics drinking, sure we do but when I was growing up , the Protestants in the nearby "dry" counties "who didn't touch the evil juice" used to line up at the liquor store at the store's early opening. The Catholics lost out on getting our share. We didn't hide the fact that some Catholics drink, but the Pros did hide behind their curtains and imbibed.

Trotwood might never make it back to the greatness they once had with new coaches and I don't think they have the recruiting power they once had. Another thing just maybe this head coach doesn't have assistant coaches will to take the hit for him like the passed coach did. It kind of sounds like I am not a fan of the passed as far as Trotwood is concerned doesn't it?

Really dominated first half!!! Gave up how many yards??
Quinn was a beast, way better than I thought he would be no doubt. But, through the end of the 4th quarter and in overtime when they needed him the most he became a non-factor. Definitely a BEAST, but did Chardon start to wear on him? Regardless great game, and great win Chardon. A unreal comeback, down 14 with 6:08 left. All hope seemed lost after the receivers knee was down on the hook and ladder that Chardon scored on. #36 for Chardon had a huge game. Was demoralizing before the half to see his Kickoff Return of a TD called back! Wow! what a game.