Hoban 35 Massillon 6

Status
Not open for further replies.
SOME OF WHAT I POSTED WAS TONGUE IN CHEEK.
BUT THE STATS AND Massillon'S PROGRAM OF EXCELLENCE WERE ACCURATE.
AND IF YOU'VE NEVER BEEN TO PAUL BROWN TIGER STADIUM FOR A BIG GAME, YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT YOU'RE MISSING.
IT'S NOT JUST A GAME. IT'S AN EVENT. WIN OR LOSE.
FOR HIGHSCHOOL FOOTBALL FANS, IT DOESN'T GET ANY BETTER.
MAYBE A FEW VENUES COMPARABLE, NONE BETTER.
stop shouting!

Then we have the chief troll that's been waiting his chance to try and discredit Massillon team and tradition because they can't compete with the all-star teams. Moore has proven what he can do, on the field and I wouldn't bet against him make the parochial cry about "open enrollment" like public complain about parochials built-in advantage!
At least now I know what the DB stands for.....does anybody other than me see the irony in above statement (and BTW, I have no problem with transfers/OE, etc.)

Jump on the bandwagon troll and wait till another team does what yours' can't. There's maybe two posters from Hoban posting about the game. The rest are following teams that can't beat Massillon. SO they take their cheap shots when they can.

Then we have the chief troll that's been waiting his chance to try and discredit Massillon team and tradition because they can't compete with the all-star teams. Moore has proven what he can do, on the field and I wouldn't bet against him make the parochial cry about "open enrollment" like public complain about parochials built-in advantage!

Massillon tradition and state titles are untouchable and no matter how you try to spin it, Massillon will be adding to them before ANYONE comes close to catching them
DB135 I will agree with you about Massillon tradition it is untouchable. I been to many Tigers games over last 25 years and there is no one that can match game day at Paul Brown Stadium. I have seen the Tigers take down many Ohio State Power programs like Canton McKinley and Steubenville Big Red but as for the State Titles well there is this. Massillon Washington currently holds the record for most playoff appearances by a high school football team without actually winning a state championship since 1970. The teams on this list have more State Football Championships then Massillon. I think what you should say is Massillon has a long way to go to match the most football titles in Ohio.
Champions[edit]
[1]
YearDivision I / AAADivision IIDivision III / AADivision IVDivision V / ADivision VIDivision VII
2020Cincinnati St. XavierAkron Archbishop HobanScheduledScheduledKirtlandScheduledNew Bremen
2019Pickerington CentralCincinnati La SalleTrotwood-MadisonClydeKirtlandAnnaMaria Stein Marion Local
2018Lakewood St. EdwardAkron Archbishop HobanKenstonCincinnati WyomingOrrvilleKirtlandMcComb
2017Pickerington CentralAkron Archbishop HobanTrotwood-MadisonSteubenvilleWheelersburgMaria Stein Marion LocalMinster
2016Cincinnati St. XavierCincinnati La SalleAkron Archbishop HobanColumbus Bishop HartleyCanton Central CatholicMaria Stein Marion LocalWarren John F. Kennedy
2015Lakewood St. EdwardCincinnati La SalleAkron Archbishop HobanColumbus Bishop HartleyColdwaterKirtlandFort Recovery
2014Lakewood St. EdwardCincinnati La SalleToledo Central CatholicCleveland BenedictineColdwaterMinsterMaria Stein Marion Local
2013Cincinnati Archbishop MoellerLovelandAkron St. Vincent-St. MaryClarksville Clinton-MassieColdwaterKirtlandMaria Stein Marion Local
2012Cincinnati Archbishop MoellerToledo Central CatholicAkron St. Vincent-St. MaryClarksville Clinton-MassieColdwaterMaria Stein Marion Local
2011Cleveland St. IgnatiusTrotwood-MadisonYoungstown Cardinal MooneyCreston NorwayneKirtlandMaria Stein Marion Local
2010Lakewood St. EdwardMaple HeightsColumbus Bishop WattersonColumbus Bishop HartleyYoungstown UrsulineDelphos St. John's
2009Hilliard DavidsonCincinnati Winton WoodsYoungstown Cardinal MooneyKettering Archbishop AlterYoungstown UrsulineNorwalk St. Paul
2008Cleveland St. IgnatiusSylvania SouthviewAuroraKettering Archbishop AlterYoungstown UrsulineDelphos St. John's
2007Cincinnati St. XavierCincinnati AndersonSunbury Big WalnutColdwaterMaria Stein Marion LocalNewark Catholic
2006Hilliard DavidsonPiquaSteubenvilleYoungstown Cardinal MooneySt. HenryMaria Stein Marion Local
2005Cincinnati St. XavierToledo Central CatholicSteubenvilleColdwaterHamler Patrick HenryDelphos St. John's
2004Cincinnati ColerainColumbus BrookhavenCleveland BenedictineYoungstown Cardinal MooneySt. HenryHardin Northern
2003Cincinnati ElderAvon LakeCleveland BenedictineVersaillesGahanna Columbus AcademyColumbus Grove
2002Cincinnati ElderDayton Chaminade-JulienneColumbus Bishop WattersonKentonMarion PleasantMogadore
2001Cleveland St. IgnatiusToledo St. Francis De SalesMentor Lake CatholicKentonBedford St. Peter ChanelMaria Stein Marion Local
2000Upper ArlingtonOlmsted FallsCentral CatholicYoungstown UrsulineAmanda-ClearcreekMaria Stein Marion Local
1999Cleveland St. IgnatiusCuyahoga Falls Walsh JesuitPoland SeminaryPerkinsAmanda-ClearcreekDelphos St. John's
1998Canton McKinleyLebanonColumbus St. Francis De SalesOrrvilleVersaillesDelphos St. John's
1997Canton McKinleyDefianceColumbus St. Francis De SalesGermantown Valley ViewLiberty CenterDelphos St. John's
1996Lima SeniorFostoriaCleveland BenedictineGermantown Valley ViewMarion PleasantMogadore
1995Cleveland St. IgnatiusDublin SciotoClydeVersaillesLisbon David AndersonSt. Henry
1994Cleveland St. IgnatiusChardonBeloit West BranchGermantown Valley ViewVersaillesSt. Henry
1993Cleveland St. IgnatiusSt. Marys MemorialWauseonVersaillesSteubenville Catholic Central
1992Cleveland St. IgnatiusSt. Marys MemorialMentor Lake CatholicCincinnati Academy of Physical EducationSt. Henry
1991Cleveland St. IgnatiusFostoriaMentor Lake CatholicWarren John F. KennedyNewark Catholic
1990Warren Warren G. HardingSt. Marys MemorialHamilton BadinVersaillesSt. Henry
1989Cleveland St. IgnatiusCleveland St. JosephIrontonWheelersburgMinster
1988Cleveland St. IgnatiusAkron BuchtelAkron St. Vincent-St. MaryCanton Central CatholicArchbold
1987Cincinnati PrincetonAkron BuchtelYoungstown Cardinal MooneyGahanna Columbus AcademyNewark Catholic
1986FairfieldCincinnati Purcell MarianCincinnati Academy of Physical EducationColumbus Bishop HartleyNewark Catholic
1985Cincinnati Archbishop MoellerGalionColumbus St. Francis De SalesCincinnati Academy of Physical EducationNewark Catholic
1984Toledo St. Francis De SalesSteubenvilleElyria CatholicLouisville St. Thomas AquinasNewark Catholic
1983Cincinnati PrincetonBrecksville-Broadview HeightsElyria CatholicColumbus Bishop ReadyMcComb
1982Cincinnati Archbishop MoellerYoungstown Cardinal MooneyAkron St. Vincent-St. MaryWest JeffersonNewark Catholic
1981Canton McKinleyCleveland BenedictineAkron St. Vincent-St. MaryNelsonville-YorkTiffin Calvert
1980Cincinnati Archbishop MoellerYoungstown Cardinal MooneyCleveland BenedictineGarfield Heights TrinityTiffin Calvert
1979Cincinnati Archbishop MoellerIrontonMogadore
1978Cincinnati PrincetonBrookfieldNewark Catholic
1977Cincinnati Archbishop MoellerCincinnati WyomingCrooksville
1976Cincinnati Archbishop MoellerElyria CatholicWest Jefferson
1975Cincinnati Archbishop MoellerParma Heights Holy NameCarey
1974Warren Warren G. HardingNorwalkMiddletown Bishop Fenwick
1973Youngstown Cardinal MooneyCleveland BenedictineMiddletown Bishop Fenwick
1972Warren Western ReserveAkron St. Vincent-St. MaryMarion Pleasant

If he has the chance to go to an Ivy he needs to take it. Dayton is a fine school but you don't pass on a free Ivy League education.
he hasn’t officially committed to Dayton just yet, he’s weighing his options and will make the decision on what’s best for him .... I on the other hand am hoping for Dayton because it’s a 3 hour drive to see home games

At least now I know what the DB stands for.....does anybody other than me see the irony in above statement (and BTW, I have no problem with transfers/OE, etc.)
Hayes, DB needs to go down to the Alibi, have a couple shots & a beer and get over himself and the last few years losses. It’s starting to get to him

Hayes, DB needs to go down to the Alibi, have a couple shots & a beer and get over himself and the last few years losses. It’s starting to get to him

The hypocrisy you display, has to do with someone who misrepresents himself as an objective, neutral fan gloating in Massillon's state championship record. At the same time you support your coaches' hypocrisy toward Massillon, that results directly from his failure to coach to his talent, being the primary cause of players transferring ANYWHERE! He further shows his lack of character, by manipulating the seeding process against a team, he can't beat and in print has described as the best in the region.

The posts are mean spirited and display the consistent desire to discredit Massillon tradition because you KNOW your teams will NEVER equal it, as we hear you regurgitate the same baseless attempts to discredit Massillon's championships! No one cares about your "opinion"! Show us anywhere poll championships has been removed by the OHSAA and aren't listed accordingly.

Of course playoffs have as many issues as polls and I previously posted the links from the Massillon Booster Club that prove it but that doesn't fit your false narrative, so you ignore it.

A few posters couldn't even stay off the game play-by-play and had to start their own threads to draw all the trolls in, to take their shots. Do they even mention the uneven playing field, that will eventually cause the all-star teams to be placed in a different division, unable to fill a schedule?

Better yet, do they attack college polls championships of Ohio State, Notre or Oklahoma, of course not?!

Will teams schedule the all-stars when their teams are so physically beat-up they can't be competitive for weeks?! How many Massillon players suffered SERIOUS injuries against a team, so physically superior to them in many positions? (I remember RIck Spielman after a Moeller championship game having two broken thumbs!) How many teams will continue to tolerate the superiority of these teams when that is the result?!

Last edited:
The hypocrisy you display, has to do with someone who misrepresents himself as an objective, neutral fan gloating in Massillon's state championship record. At the same time you fsupport your coaches' hypocrisy toward Massillon, that results directly from his failure to coach to his talent, being the primary cause of players transferring ANYWHERE! He further shows his lack of character, by manipulating the seeding process against a team, he can't beat and in print has described as the best in the region.

The posts are mean spirited and display the consistent desire to discredit Massillon tradition because you KNOW you teams will NEVER equal it as we hear you regurgitate the same baseless attempts to discredit Massillon's championships!

Wow, more proof that DB needs a bender..if he thinks I’m mean spirited lol. Dude, Hypocrisy, lol, all you’ve done is attack Wakefield and our program, you bitterman. I guess blocking you will be next, because you obviously have a problem and there’s little use in carrying on this conversation any further. I sincerely hope you get over this soon. It’s not good for your health to dwell on disappointing things to long.

Wow, more proof that DB needs a bender..if he thinks I’m mean spirited lol. Dude, Hypocrisy, lol, all you’ve done is attack Wakefield and our program, you bitterman. I guess blocking you will be next, because you obviously have a problem and there’s little use in carrying on this conversation any further. I sincerely hope you get over this soon. It’s not good for your health to dwell on disappointing things to long.

Seriously you don't believe I even give your childish posting a second thought?! This has been going on for decades.

The surprise was a few posters, like you, who misrepresent themselves as fair, objective observers taking your, thinly vailed shots (because YOU can't get over Massillon dominance of your team's program).

I presented FACTS about your coach that you CAN"T rebut, so you attack me, to defer where the problem actually exists.

YOU buy into your coaches bitterness toward Massillon, that causes him and your fans to blame transfers, other than where it actually originates.

Your conferences block voting that corrupts the true seeding of teams, is a long time tradition.

You mistakenly think that after Massillon suffers another humiliating defeat at the hands of an all-star team, that fans will be unresponsive to the shots you STARTED, AGAIN about our program.

Reread your post, I described your post and your intentions in posting it accurately!

Seriously you don't believe I even give your childish posting a second thought?! This has been going on for decades.

The surprise was a few posters, like you, who misrepresent themselves as fair, objective observers taking your, thinly vailed shots (because YOU can't get over Massillon dominance of your team's program).

I presented FACTS about your coach that you CAN"T rebut, so you attack me, to defer where the problem actually exists.

YOU buy into your coaches bitterness toward Massillon, that causes him and your fans to blame transfers, other than where it actually originates.

Your conferences block voting that corrupts the true seeding of teams, is a long time tradition.

You mistakenly think that after Massillon suffers another humiliating defeat at the hands of an all-star team, that fans will be unresponsive to the shots you STARTED, AGAIN about our program.

Reread your post, I described your post and your intentions in posting it accurately!

Anything new to say? Guess not, the same old tripe over and over. SMH...goodbye to you. I honestly feel sorry for you. Oh, by the way, I’ll no longer see any of your posts, so keep babbling away.

How in the wide, wide world of sports do you not realize that Massillon is an all star team? How you feel now is how I felt after the Perry/Massillon game. I'm not trying to start crap but that's how I feel, in can not speak for all of Perry. Massillon was loaded the last 3 for sure you guys just came up short.

Anything new to say? Guess not, the same old tripe over and over. SMH...goodbye to you. I honestly feel sorry for you. Oh, by the way, I’ll no longer see any of your posts, so keep babbling away.

The truth hurts, doesn't it?

I KNEW that's the way people like you respond to the TRUTH!

Attack the messenger, ignore the facts because you have NO LEGITIMATE response, rely on other posters to BLINDLY support your baseless posts and then block what makes you look ENTIRELY foolish.

In all the years you've been posting, I've NEVER conversed with you, too bad this was the only insistence. I wouldn't miss the posts of a closet troll!

Last edited:
How in the wide, wide world of sports do you not realize that Massillon is an all star team? How you feel now is how I felt after the Perry/Massillon game. I'm not trying to start crap but that's how I feel, in can not speak for all of Perry. Massillon was loaded the last 3 for sure you guys just came up short.

Thanks for proving my point. I SUPPORT Coach Moore, in being knowledgeable enough to TRY and even the playing field.

As you can see, IF Massillon is THAT far ahead of most of the programs in the state, how far do they have to go, to field a team that is competitive with these teams? I call an all-star team, one that draws from 55 feeder schools, over 7 counties, to field their team.

Nate Moore is familiar with what it takes to be competitive with these teams and I'm certain he will bridge the current gap!

What does Perry or North Canton softball have to do with Massillon losing a state title game?

Or is it just more deflection that if other schools get transfers, we can recruit?

Thanks for proving my point. I SUPPORT Coach Moore, in being knowledgeable enough to TRY and even the playing field.

As you can see, IF Massillon is THAT far ahead of most of the programs in the state, how far do they have to go, to field a team that is competitive with these teams? I call an all-star team, one that draws from 55 feeder schools, over 7 counties, to field their team.

Nate Moore is familiar with what it takes to be competitive with these teams and I'm certain he will bridge the current gap!
Dang, you kinda have my head spinning right now? I'm gonna go into hibernation until next season. LOL!

What does Perry or North Canton softball have to do with Massillon losing a state title game?

Or is it just more deflection that if other schools get transfers, we can recruit?

I guess you don't understand hypocrisy. Posters who follow teams that openly recruit, attacking others as if they don't. Don't let me stop you from attacking my posts and ignoring the facts.

After six state finals losses, isn't it clear what it will take to win a state championship and should changes be made, to put these teams, in a different division?

The physical discrepancy is so great that teams aren't beat, they are physically beat up.

Yet, most posters ignore what these teams do to completive balance and only marvel at their talent and performance!

Dang, you kinda have my head spinning right now? I'm gonna go into hibernation until next season. LOL!

Is Football the only sport that Perry is D2 in? I assumed that Perry is in D1 for everything else?

If it makes you happy that Massillon won a quasi Federal League Title since they are more than likely never sniffing a Federal League then have at it. Maybe they could schedule a Suburban League team next year, so that they could say they won the alternative Suburban League, since the Suburban League rejected them out of hand. The bottom line is that through all the cheating, transfers, high paid coaches, Massillon has never been able to win a legit state title on the field! Your school is the Nebraska of Ohio High School Football, lots of paper titles, but no real titles, or the Buffalo Bills of Ohio High School Football. One has to ask, has the illegal recruiting, the under the table recruiting, been worth it? While Massillon fans (most) will say that they don't need a league, it seems like the administration at Massillon disagrees, but Massillon hasn't just burnt bridges, but they have nuked them with unscrupulous behavior that they are toxic to any league. Yes, Moore might stay, where would he and his wife go to run such an economic con job on another school, but Tyrell schooled Moore, it was like an 8th grade coach against Nick Saban. The last three years were probably the Tigers best window to finally win the elusive state title, but that window has closed, perhaps Moore can get a great recruiting class, but if you're relying on the feeder program at Massillon, there is zero chance of a state title. The football program becomes like all the rest of the Tigers sports programs, zero chance for a state title, no matter the sport basketball, softball, baseball, the Tigers have no chance at a state title, let alone a district title, if they solely have to rely on their feeder program.

I guess you don't understand hypocrisy. Posters who follow teams that openly recruit, attacking others as if they don't. Don't let me stop you from attacking my posts and ignoring the facts.

After six state finals losses, isn't it clear what it will take to win a state championship and should changes be made, to put these teams, in a different division?
So if I'm hearing you correctly you want to be the Hoban of D2?

Is Football the only sport that Perry is D2 in? I assumed that Perry is in D1 for everything else?

Football is the only sport at Massillon, unlike Perry, all the rest of the sports at Massillon are DOA, no shot at even winning a District Title

So if I'm hearing you correctly you want to be the Hoban of D2?

Really missed the point. What will it take to be competitive with theses teams? Are they having a hard time filling a schedule and should they be placed in a different division?

Status
Not open for further replies.