Division V State Final: AP #2 Ironton (11-0) vs. AP #1 Kirtland (10-0)

Ironton or Kirtland?

• Ironton by 15+

Votes: 2 1.8%
  • Ironton by 7-14

Votes: 5 4.5%
  • Ironton by 1-6

Votes: 22 19.8%
  • Kirtland by 1-6

Votes: 15 13.5%
  • Kirtland by 7-14

Votes: 39 35.1%
  • Kirtland by 15+

Votes: 28 25.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
As I said before, I feel awful for the Ironton faithful who now have to travel an extra 2 hours+ just to be at the game on Saturday. Some won’t say it, but I do. NEO football is absolutely spoiled having the championships held in Canton/Massillon for most of the last several years. And again, both teams would play in a parking lot if they had to. I understand why the OHSAA did what it did, but it puts some ADs and families into scramble mode because their practice & travel plans may have to change.
Either way, I don’t see this affecting the way the boys play on Saturday as it’s just a change in venue. It may draw some well-deserved ire from non-NEO fans, but the boys on both sides are psyched up for this one.

1000% agree with you these kids would play anywhere at anytime I think Ed Orgeron said it best about when LSU and the SEC we’re dealing with getting their schedules set up. The only thing I’d be worried about for Ironton fans is getting home in time before the curfew comes into effect :LOL:

You're right...we never heard any complaints from him. I'm still thinking, though, he would've preferred to play ASVSM somewhere other than their home field. Plus, we did have a team greyhound. Our road trips were more comfortable and roomy than that of other teams.

Kirtland 35
Ironton 7

I haven’t seen Kirtland play but their reputation speaks for itself. I did see Ironton play against Ridgewood, so I’m basing my prediction on that game.

Gentlemen,

I have great respect for both of these programs. I have not seen Ironton this year but I think I have seen all of Ironton's title games and with a few exceptions they have played well enough defensively to have won those games. The Tigers have struggled to score in those games however. Even in the two they won they only scored 7 & 12 points respectively. I think it is going to be difficult for them to change that against Kirtland but we shall soon see. Looking forward to a good clean competitive injury-free game.

Good luck to both teams.

Go Hornets!

Let’s Go Tigers.
Kirtland is King of the Hill.
It’s your time to Dethrone The Kings.
Get that Trophy back to the Tank.
The Herd is with You.

Ironton’s lack of a passing game is going to get them BUT Kirtland just plays AMAZING defense. They are just so much fun to watch. Hopefully Ironton can get something going in the second half to at least make it interesting.

Too bad the Ridgewood QB got hurt against Wheelersburg or they be playing Kirtland right now. Kirtland would still win but the game would be a lot more competitive.