D VII State Championship: New Bremen (9-2) vs Warren JFK (9-2)

Who wins?

• New Bremen

Votes: 101 70.6%
  • Warren JFK

Votes: 42 29.4%

• Total voters
Welcome to the club New Bremen

1605414524263.jpeg.jpg

I was really impressed with the New Bremen defense and special teams. Those really carried them to this win. I think it also energized the Cardinal defense that Warren JFK kept tripping themselves up as well. I wasn't impressed with the Warren JFK offense. I didn't follow them any this season (or even really pay that much attention to this discussion thread), but it seemed like they just did QB dive plays over and over. On the flip side, the Warren JFK defense was repeatedly put in really tough positions and they performed really well. They kept New Bremen out of the end zone twice when the Cardinals had it 1st & goal inside the 5. Warren JFK defense was solid. New Bremen was almost flawless. No penalties. Great defense. Explosive on special teams. Solid offense aside from the two times they struggled at & goal. Enjoy the 31-0 win and long ride back to Auglaize County, you earned it!

I was really impressed with the New Bremen defense and special teams. Those really carried them to this win. I think it also energized the Cardinal defense that Warren JFK kept tripping themselves up as well. I wasn't impressed with the Warren JFK offense. I didn't follow them any this season (or even really pay that much attention to this discussion thread), but it seemed like they just did QB dive plays over and over. On the flip side, the Warren JFK defense was repeatedly put in really tough positions and they performed really well. They kept New Bremen out of the end zone twice when the Cardinals had it 1st & goal inside the 5. Warren JFK defense was solid. New Bremen was almost flawless. No penalties. Great defense. Explosive on special teams. Solid offense aside from the two times they struggled at & goal. Enjoy the 31-0 win and long ride back to Auglaize County, you earned it!
This is how NB has won during their play off run, excellent sp. teams, very good defense which led to good field position. Congratulations Cardinals !!!

This is how NB has won during their play off run, excellent sp. teams, very good defense which led to good field position. Congratulations Cardinals !!!
Having 17 seniors was almost certainly a big reason for NB's success. How many seniors were on the JFK roster this year?

JFK is around the corner from my house. I have a couple friends on their staff, so while I was hopeful that they could get something going, I knew that it'd be a tall task. At the beginning of the season, I fully expected Marion Local to plow through Division VII, but New Brememn proved to be this year's "Anna" and breakthrough out of the MAC. Very interesting how they almost ended their program in 2014. Talk about a success story!

Congrats!

Anyone remember who made that picture with the Cardinals awaiting to enter the door?
Put it online and everyone loves it and would like to give the person who created it the credit

thanks>

I wonder if the last second move to mass made them put the cameras in a different spot than normal> when the play was in the corner with the int and possible td by new bremen it looked like a pillar or something totally blocked the view>

It is not over confidence, the predictions are based on past performances and who teams def. to get to state. NB def. Marion Local and LCC back to back the two teams most thought would win D - 7. You might call it over confidence I call it a reality check.
i will go one week further with LORAMIE the week before> with how they had msml on the ropes the week before many thought it was their year>

It is not over confidence, the predictions are based on past performances and who teams def. to get to state. NB def. Marion Local and LCC back to back the two teams most thought would win D - 7. You might call it over confidence I call it a reality check.
That guys not showing up anymore around here that’s for sure.