OHSAA Meeting with State Championship Participants at 11:30 (Moving Games to Massillon)

Interestingly enough, I was supposed to be at a soccer tournament this weekend at those fields next to Fawcett/HoF and it got cancelled on Tuesday... It was shutdown specifically by the Canton Board of Health, not Stark County.

So with that in mind Paul Brown Tiger Stadium falls under completely different guidelines and this explains why Fawcett wasn’t an option...

Same event I was supposed to be reffing.

People acting like it’s no big deal to move games, well it is, especially with this little notice.

Yes there are logistical issues involved, but if the alternative is not playing, you deal with the challenges.

One obvious logistical issue is altering transportation arrangements.

Since Ohio Wesleyan isn't even playing this year what makes you think that they would foot the bill and open everything up for 6 high school games ?
Also, do they have a volunteer staff and the room to safely hold all of the teams arriving ?
If the school utilizes the same academic calendar they did when I was there, everyone would be leaving on Fri. afternoon for Thanksgiving break, so the answer would most likely be "no" regarding volunteer staff. Additionally, OWU's conference has already cancelled winter sports, so hosting athletic events on campus which involve athletes from elsewhere would be a bad look when their own students have yet to compete in anything this school year. I'm sure the school could use some revenue though.

Last edited:
Interestingly enough, I was supposed to be at a soccer tournament this weekend at those fields next to Fawcett/HoF and it got cancelled on Tuesday... It was shutdown specifically by the Canton Board of Health, not Stark County.

So with that in mind Paul Brown Tiger Stadium falls under completely different guidelines and this explains why Fawcett wasn’t an option...
Fawcett ( Benson) was not an option as the HOF charges $$$$ to rent.

People got fooled into thinking he was a strong Republican, when in a actuality he governs like a weak Democrat
DeWine was a household name, and was viewed to be more electable by Ohio GOP operatives than Mary Taylor. Hence why he received all the major endorsements. That’s how he’s our Governor.

Would you rather have a Democrat in office? Honestly Dewine is much more sane than what Illinois and Michigan have

How about South Dakota?

Coronavirus in South Dakota is running at an intensity only surpassed in the US by its neighbor North Dakota. The state has an alarming positivity rate of almost 60% – nearly six out of 10 people who take a Covid test are infected – second only to another neighbor, Wyoming.
Viewed through the lens of cases and deaths, South Dakota is also at the top of the league table. More than 66,000 South Dakotans have contracted the disease and at least 644 have died, a number likely to rise as hospitals reach breaking point.
Amid this devastating contagion, Noem is rigidly sticking to the strategy she has adopted since the pandemic began. It consists of a refusal to accept mask mandates and repeated denial of the science around the efficacy of wearing masks; resistance to imposing any restrictions on bars and restaurants; no limits on gatherings in churches or other places of worship; and no orders to stay at home.

Restrictions are being placed in order to not overwhelm the hospitals and health care workers who are extremely vulnerable. So, if you are one of the few lucky enough to have a ticket for the championship games and have to drive a bit more to get there, appreciate the moment and please say a prayer of thanks for those hospital workers ( doctors, nurses, maintenance staff, cafeteria workers, and everyone associated) who are working tirelessly to take care of our sick).

There was no way of knowing what DeWine was in 2018 or what would happen this year. I think people are more aware now of politics in general. No Republican would vote for him in a primary if someone can challenge in 2022, he has been a disgrace. I don't know if he is concerned or competent enough to care though. He is 73 and had his time.

How about South Dakota?

Coronavirus in South Dakota is running at an intensity only surpassed in the US by its neighbor North Dakota. The state has an alarming positivity rate of almost 60% – nearly six out of 10 people who take a Covid test are infected – second only to another neighbor, Wyoming.
Viewed through the lens of cases and deaths, South Dakota is also at the top of the league table. More than 66,000 South Dakotans have contracted the disease and at least 644 have died, a number likely to rise as hospitals reach breaking point.
Amid this devastating contagion, Noem is rigidly sticking to the strategy she has adopted since the pandemic began. It consists of a refusal to accept mask mandates and repeated denial of the science around the efficacy of wearing masks; resistance to imposing any restrictions on bars and restaurants; no limits on gatherings in churches or other places of worship; and no orders to stay at home.

That means the Dakotas are almost done. Like the country as a whole should have been six months ago.

For those that voted DeWine, this is all on you.
I find this statement rather idiotic when simple facts are observed between the general mindset of Republicans ( the ones who voted to put Dewine in office) and Democrats.

In general terms, Republicans have pushed to keep things as normal as possible and go on living life with less concern about what "could happen" from viral contractions.

With the curfew will DeSales have to spend the night at a rest stop, if they are not back in Columbus per the state's orders, or will their bus turn into a big pumpkin at the stroke of 10 pm ( power of the fairy Godfather DeWine ) .

Last edited:
I H8 D ?
and not just for the rona BS that is the straw (or round bale) that broke this camels back
Darby refuge
Piketon
entire senate record = electing drunk sharod brown
and to stay on topic - Whoo Hoo football!

I came over to the football thread because I got tied of reading politics and it seems it followed me over here sorry I will go back to so people can get back to talking important things like HS football that should be the topic of discussion here.