D VI State Championship: Coldwater (11-0) vs New Middletown Springfield (11-0)

Who wins

• Coldwater

Votes: 87 77.7%
  • Springfield

Votes: 25 22.3%

• Total voters
With this game now being played in Massillon, will Coldwater now delay school for three hours on Monday instead of two?

I don’t agree with the 10 pm or the Franklin county stay at home order but at least they aren’t cancelled. He could have very easily just cancelled them. At least the stay at home is Franklin county health officials and not dewine orders or it would be for all counties. They are doing the best they can do under the circumstances

I’d like to see them get played but I have no favorites in the games. If there’s gonna be too much whining and crying just cancel them

I’d like to see them get played but I have no favorites in the games. If there’s gonna be too much whining and crying just cancel them
That would be fair to the young men who have sacrificed so much and worked so hard to cancel them because some idiot doesn't want to hear any whining! If you don't like whining don't listen moron.

That would be fair to the young men who have sacrificed so much and worked so hard to cancel them because some idiot doesn't want to hear any whining! If you don't like whining don't listen moron.
I’m not the one whining about it. I say go play at Massillon and shut up. People can’t be happy either way. They change sites, they whine. They cancel, they whine. I guarantee you that you can ask every kid and not one wouldn’t be fine with the change as long as they get to play you moron

I would think the kids don’t care as long as they get played. I as a fan want them to be played and kids get the opportunity versus canceling them all together. I would like to think the fans of each schools would be the same but I suppose not

Moving the game north quite a bit and it means it will be colder. ALways seems so much colder up there.

Colder, rain, a drive from the Ohia-Indiana border AND going up against experience and DEFENDING STATE runners up..........the hits keep coming for the Buzzards.

I guess since the game is scheduled they have to at least show up and give it a try. No use giving up now even if all the odds are against them. Can the school even afford to bus them all the way there or should we set up a gofundme page?

Last edited:
Just dont move it
I’ll help you out. Columbus department of health and Franklin county department of health issues a 6 pm stay at home mandate for the next 28 days starting at 6 pm tomorrow evening. OHSAA officials were told by both departments that they couldn’t host the games there. So how do you not move it?

Theres probably 20 stadiums on the I75 corridor that might argue that
Could be, but would they be willing & able to host? Massillon has a wait list to get on the stadium volunteer work staff. I’m sure there’s others that could host but with the quick turnaround options were probably limited.

Also, regardless of where the games are played at least these guys are going to be in an actual stadium vs the tiltawhirl & tractorpull facility that was gonna host. I know Columbus is MUCH more central but that place... yikes

I think the games being played at Massillon is great.... you got the boys , who will love the stadium ( something they will remember), and you have 750 fans from CW and Bremen won't have any issues with the travel of 3 hours or so..... i would love to be heading up there!!!
They can play the games where ever they want to but I have been to Massillon several times, not impressed with PBTS at all. IMO Wapak ( esp. after the renovations ), Sidney ( best H.S. stadium I have ever been to ), Piqua are all 10 times better than Massillon. Does the sun even shine in NEO ? Seems like I am traveling to Mordor when I go to that part of the State.

They can play the games where ever they want to but I have been to Massillon several times, not impressed with PBTS at all. IMO Wapak ( esp. after the renovations ), Sidney ( best H.S. stadium I have ever been to ), Piqua are all 10 times better than Massillon. Does the sun even shine in NEO ? Seems like I am traveling to Mordor when I go to that part of the State.
I was in uniform for 2 state games at Massilon. That stadium is not good. And the location doesn't deserve the finals. Ever. Piqua would've done a great job.

you are right with the gray skys.... but i did the rotation from Canton to Massillon at least 12 years.... loved watching games there.... and the gray skys, made it feel like old time football....

I was in uniform for 2 state games at Massilon. That stadium is not good. And the location doesn't deserve the finals. Ever. Piqua would've done a great job.
probably saw you played...... what year did Coldwater play Orrville? Zwick at QB as a Freshman? and they had a big 6' 8" kid at WR , that I think went to Indiana?

probably saw you played...... what year did Coldwater play Orrville? Zwick at QB as a Freshman? and they had a big 6' 8" kid at WR , that I think went to Indiana?
Both games I was in uniform for/played at Massillon were both with Kirtland.

Last edited:
Moving the game north quite a bit and it means it will be colder. ALways seems so much colder up there.

Colder, rain, a drive from the Ohia-Indiana border AND going up against experience and DEFENDING STATE runners up..........the hits keep coming for the Buzzards.

I guess since the game is scheduled they have to at least show up and give it a try. No use giving up now even if all the odds are against them. Can the school even afford to bus them all the way there or should we set up a gofundme page?
Chip went to McSobers this afternoon.... and got 100 people to drive the players to Massillon.... one player per car and one coach per car..... last I heard they got a bunch of St Henry boys to drive the cheerleaders up there.... bringing unity to Mercer county.. because you know... "we are ALL in this together"