OHSAA Meeting with State Championship Participants at 11:30 (Moving Games to Massillon)

Happy to be traveling 30 minutes instead of 2 plus hours to see game tomorrow night. What kid wouldn't want to play at PBTS? Or at some soccer field in the middle of a corn field outside of Columbus? Great move and venue. #5 chip against Massillon on their home filed? Priceless. Go knights

The coach in me thinks to myself, wow. This really puts a wrench into my travel itinerary. turns 1.5 hours into 4 for Ironton.

This has always been my beef with the OHSAA as I've never liked the regions..........just go to top 32 in each division. But they said that potentially creates too much travel for first round games. But then they have finals in Massillon. SMH

Happy to be traveling 30 minutes instead of 2 plus hours to see game tomorrow night. What kid wouldn't want to play at PBTS? Or at some soccer field in the middle of a corn field outside of Columbus? Great move and venue. #5 chip against Massillon on their home filed? Priceless. Go knights

EXCUSE ME SIR

it was originally used as a lacrosse field, and those aren't corn stalks, they're stacks of used needles.

The drive is what it is.

I know in the past with the 3.5 hour drive the team had stopped at a rest stop to do walk throughs just to keep the kids from sitting too long.

I am sure those Columbus area hotels and restaurants didn't need any of that business. My guess Franklin country and Columbus has so much surplus of tax revenue that they didn't need to collect any more taxes.

I am sure those Columbus area hotels and restaurants didn't need any of that business. My guess Franklin country and Columbus has so much surplus of tax revenue that they didn't need to collect any more taxes.
Why would anyone be making hotel arrangements for Columbus? There’s no general admission sales, the longest drive for spectators would’ve been 2.5 hours, and there’s nothing in Columbus/Obetz open to make spectators want to stick around longer than for the focus of the trip (the state championship.)

Eh.
Minimal this year with all the restrictions and hardly any fans being allowed to attend.

New Bremen, Coldwater, and Van Wert are now having to travel over 3 hours now.
1605813271398.png

I guess. The local authorities in Stark don't have an advisory. It's not about what's "safer" or not. It's about governmental entities respecting the advisory of the local authorities.

Interestingly enough, I was supposed to be at a soccer tournament this weekend at those fields next to Fawcett/HoF and it got cancelled on Tuesday... It was shutdown specifically by the Canton Board of Health, not Stark County.

So with that in mind Paul Brown Tiger Stadium falls under completely different guidelines and this explains why Fawcett wasn’t an option...

Ah yes I love taking route 30 across the state and driving 3.5 hours...
You young whippersnappers dont remember the dark times when it was just two lanes much of the way.
The first time we took that new 4 lane it cut nearly an hour off the drive. Before it went 4 lane, it was an absolute haul.

Now I do not mind it.

Plus, it beats the alternative.

I am just mad because I had tickets for New Bremen as Obetz is just a few minutes from work, but I am not driving all the way to Massill*0*n for it.

Our kids are being driven by their Parents for the 2+ Hour drive.
So no walk thru in rest stops i guess.