Ohio Heritage Conference 2020

If someone could post the all OHC and SW district here Id appreciate it. Nice to see kids get recognized, especially in this crappy COVID year.

Best chances for all state kids?

WJ QB, and thier number 10 WR?
Hurst and Conley from Burg?
Burden from WLS?
Green kid from Fairbanks?

I think Hurst and Burden were the 2 best players in the OHC this year. I think Hurst will get some all-state recognition. Burden may suffer for playing for a mediocre team, but that kid was the real deal.

The Greenon Kicker should get some recognition. He was the difference in that Taft game.

I only saw Hurst play twice, but he was clearly, IMO, the best player on the field both times I saw him.

Id have to say the Beucher sp? kid from WJ would have to be in the conversation for best player.

The teams that are in the Central district (WJ, MP & Fairbanks) have a much easier time getting kids recognized at the district and state level than the rest of the teams that are int the SW district. And this happens for lots of reasons. My opinion is the OHC kids in the central district get about what they deserve and the SW kids get the short end. It's a numbers + media coverage game.

I agree DTR. Last year seemed like Madison Plains had more all district kids than either Burg or WLS.
There must not be a lot of D5 /D6 schools in that central area, but I think WJ had some really nice players this year that deserved all District.

I'm glad for every kid that gets district recognition. And Wj definitely has that kind of players. I was just pointing out the differences in the SW vs Central districts.
I agree DTR. Last year seemed like Madison Plains had more all district kids than either Burg or WLS.
There must not be a lot of D5 /D6 schools in that central area, but I think WJ had some really nice players this year that deserved all District.
I think we are on the same page I just wanted to be clear. I'm not trying to short changing anybody.

As a follower of the OHC and CBC threads; I can't remember if this has been brought up before. Has any school in the OHC and/or the CBC had a 4 time all conference player? The only ones I think that may have been close were Wagner at SCC and Romero at Burg, just spit balling. The only reason I put the CBC in there is for Greenon and Northeastern.

As a follower of the OHC and CBC threads; I can't remember if this has been brought up before. Has any school in the OHC and/or the CBC had a 4 time all conference player? The only ones I think that may have been close were Wagner at SCC and Romero at Burg, just spit balling. The only reason I put the CBC in there is for Greenon and Northeastern.
I don't think so. Has there ever been 3?

knightsfan, I checked the CBC site and it appears we have a 4X All Conference CBC. Josh Pilcher, 2008 as a DB and 2009-2011 as a QB. This appears to be before the great Greenon slump and for the life of me, I cannot remember a thing about the kid.

i remember him as a QB! i started to coming to games in ‘09. makes sense. impressive getting 1st team as a freshmen.

Anyone tuning in for any championship games this weekend? So far, all 3 games have been one sided but DV and DVI have the potential to be barn burners.

Anyone tuning in for any championship games this weekend? So far, all 3 games have been one sided but DV and DVI have the potential to be barn burners.
State finals games are not as close as many think. Being a loser, I've broken down the margin of victory for each year per division..
I would have to look in my computer, but 18% of finals games since they went to 7 divisions have finished with 30 plus, and add in NB it's 20 percent I Believe. By looking at final scores, it's likely 25 percent could have had a running clock at some point.

All Ohio Division VI:

Defensive Player of the Year: Jake Hurst, Mechanicsburg

1st Team Offense:
QB: Tyler Buescher, West Jefferson
WR: Tyler Oberle, West Jefferson
OL: Dylan Lambert, West Jefferson
OL: Tristan Hall, Mechanicsburg

1st Team Defense:
DL: Isaiah Leasure, Triad
LB: Jake Hurst, Mechanicsburg

2nd Team Offense:
QB: Aaron Conley, Mechanicsburg
OL: Billy Reed-Bodey, Fairbanks

2nd Team Defense:
DL: Ian Henry, Greeneview
DL: Jake Thiel, Mechanicsburg

3rd Team Offense:
QB: Cade Houseman, Northeastern
RB: Dakota Mangan, Greeneview
RB: Chayse Propst, Mechanicsburg
WR: Ayden Sanford, Triad
OL: Jarrod Mays, Greeneview

3rd Team Defense:
LB: Tanner Ufferman, Fairbanks

Honorable Mention:
WR: MJ Book, West Jefferson
DL: Joe Kinsley, Fairbanks
DL: Adam Waller, Mechanicsburg
LB: Michael Petry, West Jefferson
LB: Riordin Stauffer, Fairbanks

Total OHC All-State Players: 21
Mechanicsburg: 6
West Jefferson: 5
Fairbanks: 4
Greeneview: 3
Triad: 2
Northeastern: 1

Pretty nice representation on the All-Ohio squads from the OHC.

All-Ohio Division VII:

1st Team Offense:
OL: Brady Spears, Southeastern

2nd Team Offense:
RB: Tanner Stoops, Southeastern

3rd Team Defense:
Kane Odon, Cedarville

Total OHC All-State Players: 3
Southeastern: 2
Cedarville: 1

Judging by D6, I think Greenon will be pretty well represented. I would guess 4 or 5. WL-S 2-3. Madison Plains maybe 1.
remember Madison Plains is in the Central District, not the Southwest. the Central District has less teams so they will have a better chance at getting guys on the all state team, as they likely had way more on All-Central District

remember Madison Plains is in the Central District, not the Southwest. the Central District has less teams so they will have a better chance at getting guys on the all state team, as they likely had way more on All-Central District

Good point. Madison Plains had 7 all district. Greenon had 6. WL-S had 4.

Will probably look more like this:
Madison Plains 4 (Hunt, Ernst, Bryant, Cress)
Greenon 2 (Cox, Hawks)
WL-S 1 (Burden)

Which is kind of a shame.

Thats crazy that MP had more all district than anyone else.

But its nice for all the kids who get all state mention. Lord knows I never even sniffed all state.