D VI State Championship: Coldwater (11-0) vs New Middletown Springfield (11-0)

Who wins

• Coldwater

Votes: 87 77.7%
  • Springfield

Votes: 25 22.3%

• Total voters
Dont forget CW's #5, #7's younger brother.

The guy that has really stepped up and contributed for me is Luke. Nothing flashy but he has been solid. IM wondering next year if they move him to NG on the D side of the ball because the Cavs will be loaded at LB. BTW, Shout out to the OL/DL. That was a battle last Saturday night. Grove was physical and the Cavs won that battle

I just cannot get as excited about the Coldwater game as I am about the New Bremen-JFK matchup. But I am still behind both local teams all the way.

Good luck Cavs against NMS - bring home another title!!

The guy that has really stepped up and contributed for me is Luke. Nothing flashy but he has been solid. IM wondering next year if they move him to NG on the D side of the ball because the Cavs will be loaded at LB. BTW, Shout out to the OL/DL. That was a battle last Saturday night. Grove was physical and the Cavs won that battle
If you consider giving up 8.5 yards per play a winning battle you have low expectations. To me the ol/dl battle was a draw. BOTH teams ran and passed at will

If you consider giving up 8.5 yards per play a winning battle you have low expectations. To me the ol/dl battle was a draw. BOTH teams ran and passed at will
The middle part of the game, when Coldwater pulled away, the DL really was getting them behind the sticks early in the down and distance.
While it did not look good on the stat sheet, there was a big part of the game when they took control and out to a 2-3 score lead that the DL did the job.

The first two drives and the last few drives, yeah, CG was gouging them but they did their job when the game was being decided.

Honestly I never thought about that. That's not a bad idea. Luke Sudhoff reminds me alot of Mitch Niekamp. Wears the same number too. And he's only a sophomore.

The O and D Line is what got us here. Kudos!

Yes, CG's line did a remarkable job at pass protection. The best I have seen against the cavs this year but They were Average running the ball. Take away the longest run (1st Qb read 35 yards) and grove finished around 125 and just under 30 carries... meh.. Only a handful of first downs running the ball. but I will give you pass protection for sure. Very impressive.

The Cavs did not throw a pass the entire 4Q. Read that again... They chewed the remaining 6+ minutes off the clock when CG knew the Cavs were running the ball. Thats imposing your will. If Grove could have imposed their will with their line play as you implicate, CG would not have been turning the ball over on downs and kicking FG in the red zone like they did. If you call that running at will; YOU have low standards.

You come across like you want imply the Cavs and CG are 1a and 1b. a coin toss... but The game was never closer than 14 points that was established at half. 21 points to start the 4Q. Points matter...CG is a very good physical team but I honestly dont know if I would put them above The Fort. I would like to see that game.

Last edited:
Yes, CG's line did a remarkable job at pass protection. The best I have seen against the cavs this year but They were Average running the ball. Take away the longest run (1st Qb read 35 yards) and grove finished around 125 and just under 30 carries... meh.. Only a handful of first downs running the ball. but I will give you pass protection for sure. Very impressive.

The Cavs did not throw a pass the entire 4Q. Read that again... They chewed the remaining 6+ minutes off the clock when CG knew the Cavs were running the ball. Thats imposing your will. If Grove could have imposed their will with their line play as you implicate, CG would not have been turning the ball over on downs and kicking FG in the red zone like they did. If you call that running at will; YOU have low standards.

You come across like you want imply the Cavs and CG are 1a and 1b. a coin toss... but The game was never closer than 14 points that was established at half. 21 points to start the 4Q. CG is a very good physical team but I honestly dont know if I would put them above The Fort. I would like to see that game.
and that is why I was puzzled they did not go for an onside kick. Give yourself another chance. If you do not get it all you are out is 25-30 yards.

CG did move the ball well at times, which is to be expected for an undefeated team in the Semi's so I would not say the CW defense looked stout. If I were the NMS/FF scouts at the game I would have walked away feeling confident that their offenses will be able to move the ball and score.

and that is why I was puzzled they did not go for an onside kick. Give yourself another chance. If you do not get it all you are out is 25-30 yards.

CG did move the ball well at times, which is to be expected for an undefeated team in the Semi's so I would not say the CW defense looked stout. If I were the NMS/FF scouts at the game I would have walked away feeling confident that their offenses will be able to move the ball and score.

No doubt. Line play will be huge.

2 can play that game. Take away the 4 big plays that Coldwater has and they end up with 150 yards on 34 carries.....so it's about the same...meh.

It was a good game but this Coldwater defense is nothing like the defenses that they had in the past. Anna would have beaten this team badly with the team they had last year.

Like it was mentioned in the other Grove/Coldwater thread. If Grove doesn't lose Clement it has the potential to be a totally different ballgame. Unfortunately that happened. Good Luck Sunday but I really don't think that Coldwater will lose the game.

Coldwater probably wins by two or three tds. I think Fort Frye would give a better game than Springfield because of their time consuming drives with their wing T offense. Sometimes your best defense is your offense and Fort Frye's offense would of limited the amount of possessions for Coldwater.

2 can play that game. Take away the 4 big plays that Coldwater has and they end up with 150 yards on 34 carries.....so it's about the same...meh.

It was a good game but this Coldwater defense is nothing like the defenses that they had in the past. Anna would have beaten this team badly with the team they had last year.

Like it was mentioned in the other Grove/Coldwater thread. If Grove doesn't lose Clement it has the potential to be a totally different ballgame. Unfortunately that happened. Good Luck Sunday but I really don't think that Coldwater will lose the game.

take away 1 = take away 4??? ;)

I dont think anyone would argue that this Coldwater Defense is that of the glory years and you would be hard pressed to ever find me stating this. In fact You will find the opposite. At the same time, Its not fair to expect these kids to be held up to that standard or deemed a failure. Im preaching to myself here.

We will never know if Clement playing wouldve changed the outcome of the game. I seriously doubt it. It sucks but it is part of the game. CG experienced some difficulty scoring when Clement was in the game. Ran him on the wildcat on the critical 4th down play. He got denied. I think CG's passing was just fine without him. Defensively, the cavs ran on his side with him in the game. In fact, the 79 yard TD run was on his watch and side. Where I would agree is that the Cavs would have had to find another way to score on the 2 TD scored on his replacement in the air.

Im sure the Cavs appreciate the confidence and well wishes. Each week is another challenge.

Coldwater probably wins by two or three tds. I think Fort Frye would give a better game than Springfield because of their time consuming drives with their wing T offense. Sometimes your best defense is your offense and Fort Frye's offense would of limited the amount of possessions for Coldwater.
And just when we though the internet was out in Beverly . . . nope!

Fort Frye might have had a chance but the Coach Huck went in for a big bite instead of kicking the FG. Didn't work out so well.

Springfield goes to title game in back-back years. They won a shootout 2 weeks ago and a slugfest last week. Got smoked in title game last year with a sophomore qb and now get a chance at redemption with 80% the same team. Should be a dandy.

And just when we though the internet was out in Beverly . . . nope!

Fort Frye might have had a chance but the Coach Huck went in for a big bite instead of kicking the FG. Didn't work out so well.

Springfield goes to title game in back-back years. They won a shootout 2 weeks ago and a slugfest last week. Got smoked in title game last year with a sophomore qb and now get a chance at redemption with 80% the same team. Should be a dandy.
Over 20% of it picked correctly I see.

With CW only being in the finals due to a CG injury, NMS must be sitting pretty easy this week knowing they dodged a bullet.

To make matters worse for CW, it is supposed to rain on Sunday so that eliminates their one true threat.

SERIOUSLY....10 pm curfew???????
Asinine
Cav fans get back and safely tucked in their beds before big bad rona comes out at 10??????
Do these people listening to themselves????

SERIOUSLY....10 pm curfew???????
Asinine
Cav fans get back and safely tucked in their beds before big bad rona comes out at 10??????
Do these people listening to themselves????
Fewer people out shopping etc at night. All 10 pm curfew does is pack the people that would have been out during the night together with the people that are out during the day. bigger crowds. Kinda defeats the purpose in my opinion. If you averaged 100 people at any given point during the day and 30 at any given point during the night, now you’re gonna average 130 during the day

Last edited:
Fewer people out shopping etc at night. All 10 pm curfew does is pack the people that would have been out during the night together with the people that are out during the day. bigger crowds. Kinda defeats the purpose in my opinion. If you averaged 100 people at any given point during the day and 30 at any given point during the night, now you’re gonna average 130 during the day
Exactly. A lot of the drinking bar crowd, just moved their time up from 6:00 to 10:00. So then you have all those people plus the early crowd people that go out for evening dinner or drinks. Does not make sense. Also retail, and very few grocery stores are open after 10 anyway either. That is why it is easy to figure out this is government control, and not trying to stop the spread of a virus.

Exactly. A lot of the drinking bar crowd, just moved their time up from 6:00 to 10:00. So then you have all those people plus the early crowd people that go out for evening dinner or drinks. Does not make sense. Also retail, and very few grocery stores are open after 10 anyway either. That is why it is easy to figure out this is government control, and not trying to stop the spread of a virus.
Agree. If they were open 24 hours there would be less people there at any given point. This for sure isn’t about crowd control with that mandate

Agree. If they were open 24 hours there would be less people there at any given point. This for sure isn’t about crowd control with that mandate
Even if it wasn't 24 hours, and they at least closed between 12 to 3:00 am, that would be fine. only because, I believe they do need some time to sanitize every night, which would be important

20201119_051957.jpg

I also wondered why with all this social distancing crap going on, that when a football game was over, why weren't ALL exits opened to allow said social distancing? But Cavalier Stadium still funneled everyone thru one gate??????
Why not open both gates plus the one beside the storage building????

I still dont understand what bumping our game back 15 minutes is going to solve?
They kept the five hours in between the games. The question is why did the move the noon game to 1215?

Personally, that is the epitomy of making it look like you are doing something but in reality doing nothing at all.

Almost like the Dictator told them to move game times so they did even if it makes zero sense.

but anyways...

I think there are games starting tomorrow, right? I think with the so few little people who have been allowed to attend the games has kept the interest level at an all time low level.

Each passing hour the weather report looks worse and worse for Coldwater.

NMS has to be very optimistic on Sunday: Playing the lesser team from the semi-finals who are only there because of an injury to CG, and a rainy, cold quagmire on Sunday that should negate the finesse of the Cavaliers.

Still looking for tickets if anyone knows of any.......

They kept the five hours in between the games. The question is why did the move the noon game to 1215?

Personally, that is the epitomy of making it look like you are doing something but in reality doing nothing at all.

Almost like the Dictator told them to move game times so they did even if it makes zero sense.

but anyways...

I think there are games starting tomorrow, right? I think with the so few little people who have been allowed to attend the games has kept the interest level at an all time low level.

Each passing hour the weather report looks worse and worse for Coldwater.

NMS has to be very optimistic on Sunday: Playing the lesser team from the semi-finals who are only there because of an injury to CG, and a rainy, cold quagmire on Sunday that should negate the finesse of the Cavaliers.

Still looking for tickets if anyone knows of any.......
Haven’t you beat that dead horse enough already?