D VI State Championship: Coldwater (11-0) vs New Middletown Springfield (11-0)

Who wins

• Coldwater

Votes: 87 77.7%
  • Springfield

Votes: 25 22.3%

• Total voters
You guys at FF are really into moral victories huh? “We only got beat by Kirtland by 2 touchdowns”, “the first tough team we played knocked us out but we held the ball longer and we had more yards”. You can celebrate winning the time of possession and yardage battle next Sunday at home while Springfield plays for a state championship!!

This has nothing to do with Fort Frye is my point.

Even though I would like for Coldwater to win, hoping it is a better game than the one the Bengals are partaking in, poor, poor Joe Burrow. Oh well he is getting paid good money to take a beatdown.

Experience prevails.
Last year NMS was battling for a state title, with actual fans in attendance. That experience is invaluable.

So much has changed in the village since the last time this town had a chance at a state football title.

The last time the Buzzards were in the finals these seniors were riding their Huffy and Schwinn bikes around town.

They were eating their happy meals at that small, dinky McDonald's.

Ben Franklin's was a staple in the Coldwater Mall where the kids were getting their penny candy.

There were no lights on diamond 4.

The hospital on the west outer loop almost doubled in size.

There was no Park for All Abilities.

China Dragon was rounding up cats and serving wonderful chinese food.

The amphitheatre at the park was just an open area with a few trees.

There was no mexican restaurant.

McSobers had no drive through service.

The girls soccer team was playing their games in the swamp.

So much has changed and all we can hope for is that the stadium lights aren't too bright against a tough, experienced, battle hardened NMS squad looking out for revenge.

Too bad the Dictator Dewine won't let everyone who wants to watch this live. A damned shame.

Experience prevails.
Last year NMS was battling for a state title, with actual fans in attendance. That experience is invaluable.

So much has changed in the village since the last time this town had a chance at a state football title.

The last time the Buzzards were in the finals these seniors were riding their Huffy and Schwinn bikes around town.

Ben Franklin's was a staple in the Coldwater Mall where the kids were getting their penny candy.

So much has changed and all we can hope for is that the stadium lights aren't too bright against a tough, experienced, battle hardened NMS squad looking out for revenge.

Too bad the Dictator Dewine won't let everyone who wants to watch this live. A damned shame.
They still make Huffy bicycles ?

Experience prevails.

They were 8th Graders.

Doubt 14 year olds would be eating happy meals.

It hasn't been China Dragon since I was a freshman in HS. That was 2009-2010

McSobers still wouldnt have drive through service if it wasn't for Covid. Covid made them adapt.

The Girls Soccer team first started playing games at Cavalier Stadium around 2013.

Last edited:
You do need to appreciate this run from last night though. ?

1605536124732.png

I agree that Coldwater should be favored in this game by 14-21 points. I'll go with:

Coldwater 35
New Middletown Springfield 14

They were 8th Graders.

Doubt 14 year olds would be eating happy meals.

It hasn't been China Dragon since I was a freshman in HS. That was 2009-2010

McSobers still wouldnt have drive through service if it wasn't for Covid. Covid made them adapt.

The Girls Soccer team first started playing games at Cavalier Stadium around 2013.

You are never too old for happy meals.

I have not seen this Coldwater team but I have seen all 12 of their previous title games and as a Mooney guy I have the utmost respect for the Cavaliers. I don't know that SL is strong enough defensively to hold the Cavs' O down enough to beat them but I am pulling for Mr. Brungard and company to get the W. Hoping for a competitive game with no injuries to close out this crazy year's football season.

Good luck to both teams.

Go Tigers!

Anyone have the hook up for tickets in case my usual source does not come through?
Willing to pay above face value.

I have not seen this Coldwater team but I have seen all 12 of their previous title games and as a Mooney guy I have the utmost respect for the Cavaliers. I don't know that SL is strong enough defensively to hold the Cavs' O down enough to beat them but I am pulling for Mr. Brungard and company to get the W. Hoping for a competitive game with no injuries to close out this crazy year's football season.

Good luck to both teams.

Go Tigers!
I think both offenses will be hard to stop. I think CW has two very good, tall WR's in #21 & #88 that could cause SL some trouble. #7 for CW is just as good of a QB as Brungard. CW's #2 is a very good player as well.

IMO, I think this will be a shoot out similar to the SL-Norwayne game.

I think both offenses will be hard to stop. I think CW has two very good, tall WR's in #21 & #88 that could cause SL some trouble. #7 for CW is just as good of a QB as Brungard. CW's #2 is a very good player as well.

IMO, I think this will be a shoot out similar to the SL-Norwayne game.

Or like the first Ursuline-Coldwater matchup in 2000? Of course I was pulling for Ursuline in that game but as a fan with no dog in the fight that was a great game to watch as was that SL-Norwayne game. The Tigers won a close game that was a shoot-out in that one and then a close game in a much lower scoring game with FF. Hopefully they can find a way to win this one also but the Cavs are always a tough out.

Yes #5, #16 & #41 are also playmakers for the Cavaliers.

I think that #7 and Beau Brungard are probably as evenly matched QB's that I have seen this year. Probably should be Co-Offensive Player of the Year in DVI. Should be a great game.

Well said. I like to key on the big uglys. Ya know, the guys that let your skill players do their thing. Tell me about the Tigers OL/DL.

I looked at last years game with Anna and the tigers should have 6 starters back from last years State title game on one side of the ball or both.. Is that right?

Last edited: