Gwoc

lol

GMC, Mentor’s conference, MAC just three easy ones
Is the gmc really better or equal? I mean same team won the league for what 20 straight years? Then he leaves now does samething at a different school. Northmont just embarrassed Middletown, Centerville just killed Fairfield. Last 2 years Springfield has split with 2 of Fairfield better teams. Springboro has done well against Mason over the years. Hamilton East and OH.....

Is the gmc really better or equal? I mean same team won the league for what 20 straight years? Then he leaves now does samething at a different school. Northmont just embarrassed Middletown, Centerville just killed Fairfield. Last 2 years Springfield has split with 2 of Fairfield better teams. Springboro has done well against Mason over the years. Hamilton East and OH.....
with the exception of Lakota West, the GMC is not even close to the GWOC. I thought the GWOC had 4-5 teams that could beat any team in the state on a given day this year.

Springfield could compete in the GMC.

Last edited:
Lol Bwahaha “any team in the state on a given day?” Yes I know that you actually believe that.
are you 2 years old? X blew out PC in State final - Springfield lost to X by 2 and should have won, Northmont beat the Springfield, Elks lost to the Springfield in OT, Wayne lost 2 close games to Springfield. The GWOC had 4 teams that could be anyone in the state on a given day.

are you 2 years old? X blew out PC in State final - Springfield lost to X by 2 and should have won, Northmont beat the Springfield, Elks lost to the Springfield in OT, Wayne lost 2 close games to Springfield. The GWOC had 4 teams that could be anyone in the state on a given day.

: ) Sure. Have a good week.

very good post Elk Strong. however i hope you were referring to Springboro as the 4th team. they gave Northmont and Dublin Coffman very tough games. the Springfield game was a fluke because i believe they had a large amount of the team suspended.

Centerville was 5th fiddle on the league this year. however, i still think they could play with many of the top teams in D1. the GWOC was very strong this year.

very good post Elk Strong. however i hope you were referring to Springboro as the 4th team. they gave Northmont and Dublin Coffman very tough games. the Springfield game was a fluke because i believe they had a large amount of the team suspended.

Centerville was 5th fiddle on the league this year. however, i still think they could play with many of the top teams in D1. the GWOC was very strong this year.
Lol all these players suspended yet it never came out till a week later. Lol maybe they get a point next year and not work on 12 quarters of being shutout

Why don't any of these 4-5 teams schedule GCL opponents?
that is a good question. the Elks scheduled Fairfield, Mason, and a Chicago team this year. I would like to see us play 1 GCL team every year. Even if we lose, we would know what to expect if we saw them in the playoffs. It looks like the last time the Elks played a GCL team was in 2015 vs Elder (lost 56-39), and lost to Elder in close games in 2012 and 2011. Last GCL win was 2010 in playoffs vs Moeller 27-17.

don't be a d-ck
GWOC is pound for pound a top league in Ohio, along with the GCL South and the MAC

the OCC has some good teams but they have 30 total.
It's the same league they're both top heavy, in recent history Springfield and Wayne have made deep playoff runs, Northmont typically never get out the first round(this year exception). Colerain and West are playoff mainstays in the GMC with Fairfield, Mason and occasionally Princeton make playoff appearances. The GWOC is the top D1 school in Dayton by default there's only 2 D1 leagues and MVL teams broke off from the GWOC. S The GWOC is not even a top3 D1 conference statewide. No school has ever won a state championship in the GWOC! The GMC has won a mythical national championship and several state championships! So how is it that the GWOC is "pound for pound" a top league in Ohio it's not even the 2nd best league in Southwest Ohio.

Northmont has played LaSalle in the past. With the new GWOC format for scheduling, I think we will see more Dayton vs Cincinnati matchups, but frankly, Dayton teams have probably gotten sick of going down to Cincinnati to get slaughtered.
I think there are a few in the GWOC who could go down there and kick some butt if you ask me.

Dayton teams are going to schedule more Columbus teams and maybe a gmc team is my guess. All of the gwoc teams are currently on region 2

we see some GWOC schools schedule GMC schools and some schedule OCC schools. some with a mixture of both. you’ll also get the occasional MVL school/Trotwood

Northmont has played LaSalle in the past. With the new GWOC format for scheduling, I think we will see more Dayton vs Cincinnati matchups, but frankly, Dayton teams have probably gotten sick of going down to Cincinnati to get slaughtered.
Unfortunately true. I would love to see the GWOC strong and make the playoffs interesting, but Springfield is the only one doing that without it being a fluke.

Huber Heights Wayne versus the GCL since the turn of the century.

Huber Heights Wayne has played GCL teams fifteen times. Six of these contests have taken place in Cincinnati while only two were played in Huber Heights. The remaining seven are listed as neutral site contest. Although not posited, these neutral site contests were usually held somewhere in Cincinnati (UC, Paul Brown or Mason) This means thirteen of the fifteen games were road games for the Wayne Warriors.

The GCL has won 8 - Huber Heights Wayne has won 7

Wayne versus Archbishop Moeller.......................................Wayne 5 - Moller 3
Wayne versus Elder ...................................................................Wayne 1 - Elder 3
Wayne versus LaSalle.................................................................Wayne 0 - LaSalle 0
Wayne versus St Xavier.............................................................Wayne 1 - St Xavier 2

Unofficially, Wayne stopped playing the GCL schools because of their reluctance to come to Huber Heights.

Source: Joe Eitel.com

Last edited:
I think he meant more of consistently beat these teams or keep it a game until late in 4th quarter. As of late only Wayne and Springfield have done it. Springboro has done well against Mason but not sure how good they really are. Elks beat a bad Fairfield this year but when Fairfield was good it was back to back blowouts

Last years GWOC Offensive POY Lary Stephens caught 13Tds in 14 games.
Markus Allen caught 14Tds in 8 games this year. He had 15Tds in 11 games last year.

This years GWOC Offensive POY Te Smoot averaged 2.75 Tds a game this season.
Cade Rice averaged 4 Tds a game this season.

If thats not a hose, I dont know what is.
What they cant take away is that Northmont is the 2020 GWOC Champions!

I do. Come on up to Springfield any time you want. Love to have some home/away set up.

I have already stated that Springfield can compete in the GMC. As long as Coach Douglas is there they will get better and better. I would love to see some home and homes with GCL and GMC. Springfield only with the GCL.

I have already stated that Springfield can compete in the GMC. As long as Coach Douglas is there they will get better and better. I would love to see some home and homes with GCL and GMC. Springfield only with the GCL.
I'd put Northmont, Wayne, Centerville, Fairmont and Springboro in that group as well.