2020 Cleveland Browns

That loss to the Raiders looks worse and worse every week. I ran a simulation of all remaining games involving all AFC playoff contenders (PIT, KC, BUF, IND, BAL, LV, MIA, CLE, TEN) and 10 wins doesn’t make it. 11 wins almost guarantees getting a spot. Of course all the results probably won’t go the way I predicted, but the Browns at 10 wins will have a very hard time making the playoffs. Figures.

I love how the idiots and ex-jocks at ESPN are bashing Mayfield on a weekly basis.

Do they understand that the last two games were played in rain and 40mph winds?

And the Browns have a dominant rushing attack?

They just need to shut down ESPN, unless there's a ballgame on.

I love how the idiots and ex-jocks at ESPN are bashing Mayfield on a weekly basis.

I rarely watch ESPN for anything but live games any more ... their on air personalities are a joke.

Right, that could happen, because Disney Corp hates money...

You could flip to Fox Sports and listen to Cowherd; oh wait, he bashes Baker most of all. Maybe they should shut down all the media outlets that you happen to disagree with. Or perhaps we should just realize that they are trying to make money by saying/tweeting things to stir up audiences.

You could flip to Fox Sports and listen to Cowherd; oh wait, he bashes Baker most of all. Maybe they should shut down all the media outlets that you happen to disagree with. Or perhaps we should just realize that they are trying to make money by saying/tweeting things to stir up audiences.
I don't watch or listen to any of them, but they have to shove their quotes at us via the headlines on Cle.com or Yahoo.

So does that mean DeShaun Watson sucks now?

Why aren't these ESPN A Wholes on his case as well?

Because they have found an easy target in Houston- Bill O'Brien.

The Browns ran the ball 41 times on a day with 30 mph winds. Just what were they expecting from Mayfield, flashier handoffs?

Last edited:
I read a story today about an investigative piece by USA Today about LSU and allegations that they've ignored and/or covered up sex abuse claims against football players in recent seasons. Two of the alleged perps- Grant Delpit and Jacob Phillips. Are we sure John Dorsey wasn't involved in this draft?

Last edited:
Because they have found an easy target in Houston- Bill O'Brien.

The Browns ran the ball 41 times on a day with 30 mph winds. Just what were they expecting from Mayfield, flashier handoffs?
They expect 350 yards and 4 TD passes. Even if the team loses, that's supposed to be a good thing.

I don't have any problems when he plays bad ... but to criticize him for the Browns running the ball in two terrible weather days is just plain stupid ... my problems with most of them is that they don't do their homework before they open their month ... like knowing the weather.

I don't have any problems when he plays bad ... but to criticize him for the Browns running the ball in two terrible weather days is just plain stupid ... my problems with most of them is that they don't do their homework before they open their month ... like knowing the weather.
Don't get me wrong, I'm not knocking Baker. I was just responding to the ESPN rant by pointing out that other media outlets clobber him also. And they do it to get ratings.

I'm happy with "game manager Baker". No turnovers is the key for him. And the offensive plan needs to help him succeed. Running is key, then play-action and rollouts. His confidence and decision-making will grow as he adapts to his 4th coaching regime in 3 years. I hope management remains patient with him, I love his fire and his arm. I still think he can become a top 10 QB in the league, given time and coaching consistency.

Could someone please explain to my why teams run plays from the freaking shotgun on fourth and six inches. Put the damn QB under center and sneak it. Instead you hand it to a back 4 yards behind the line of scrimmage. Of course, the Eagles first play after it is a QB sneak for 3 yards.

Baker is getting beat up by some "eye test" type old school NFL writers today, they think he is a liability to the team. They are calling out in particular the misses in the end zone on the TD drive that was stopped just short and the fact he really fumbled inside the 5 and was bailed out by the refs. On the flip side the analytics types thought he had a good game and graded him well. I am sure he is looking forward to a better weather than gale force winds or monsoon type rain to find the groove he had in the Cincy game. Jacksonville may be just what is needed before a crucial 2 game swing on the road in Nashville and at home against an all of a sudden struggling Ravens who now have multiple Covid cases on their team. By the way, that Colts win looks good now.

Baker is getting beat up by some "eye test" type old school NFL writers today, they think he is a liability to the team. They are calling out in particular the misses in the end zone on the TD drive that was stopped just short and the fact he really fumbled inside the 5 and was bailed out by the refs. On the flip side the analytics types thought he had a good game and graded him well. I am sure he is looking forward to a better weather than gale force winds or monsoon type rain to find the groove he had in the Cincy game. Jacksonville may be just what is needed before a crucial 2 game swing on the road in Nashville and at home against an all of a sudden struggling Ravens who now have multiple Covid cases on their team. By the way, that Colts win looks good now.
Baker made some big throws down the stretch that mattered, but I agree with those who see him as a weak link as the team moves into contender territory. He will have to carry them against a good team at some point and I doubt he can do it.

In bad weather against bad and average teams Baker's most important talent is to get the snap, turn around and hand it off. He's doing that just fine but at some point when they need to be more balanced he'll have to show more. He still really needs to be less sloppy with is feet. On both of those bad passes into the end zone he had the time to gather and make a good thrown but fell back into his bad habit of rushing and throwing off of his back foot.

Amazing how bad Wentz is struggling. He looks fantastic one play and entirely lost the next. Way too many bad decisions.
Right? Guy was heading towards an MVP a few years ago before getting hurt. I thought he would become a top 3 QB in the league. Hard to believe it was the same guy out there Sunday. A bad line and mediocre receivers have hurt his numbers, and now killed his self-confidence.