2021 Lasalle Lancers

Can Lasalle win the GCL next year?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

lancernation_

Never too early to be looking into the future for the Lancers! News, analysis, and/or predictions for next year? Roster changes, etc.

Updated 2021 Schedule:
08/20 H Cincinnati Colerain
08/27 H Cincinnati Winton Woods
09/03 N Unknown Opponent
09/10 A Louisville Trinity (KY)
09/17 H Louisville Dupont Manual (KY)
09/24 A Cincinnati Archbishop Moeller
10/01 H Indianapolis Cathedral (IN)
10/08 A Cincinnati St. Xavier
10/15 A Trotwood-Madison
10/22 H Cincinnati Elder

Prediction: 7-3 or 8-2

Last edited:

Anything is possible, but X is bringing back 9 out of 11 starters on Offense and 6 or 7 starters on defense. Barring injuries I would say that makes them the favorites.

Anything is possible, but X is bringing back 9 out of 11 starters on Offense and 6 or 7 starters on defense. Barring injuries I would say that makes them the favorites.
They are losing most of their wideouts with Patterson, Clifford, and Lucas Cates. Have some big shoes to fill. Devine is gone at Lb, and most of their secondary graduates. I can tell you this year is going to be a fun one in the GCL.

We have some nice pieces next year a solid running back core hopefully Payne can stay healthy( if this speculation is not true) if not Hill and Grant looked solid during the playoffs most of our O line has had a lot of experience, It will be interesting the see if Mattingly plays, at QB a nice receiving and Tight end core hopefully Taylor Wallace and Patterson can make the next step and some nice Linebackers which Ruffin looks like a stud and a great special teams unit only questions is D Line where Mckinley Johnson was the only junior in that group unless you want to move Ruffin down there, and have to replace that DB group that have started for 3 years Cope did look solid against Lakota East, and also good news is Hoban Winton Woods and Massillon have a lot of seniors departing this year, so this could be a golden opportunity for the lancers

We have some nice pieces next year a solid running back core hopefully Payne can stay healthy( if this speculation is not true) if not Hill and Grant looked solid during the playoffs most of our O line has had a lot of experience, It will be interesting the see if Mattingly plays, at QB a nice receiving and Tight end core hopefully Taylor Wallace and Patterson can make the next step and some nice Linebackers which Ruffin looks like a stud and a great special teams unit only questions is D Line where Mckinley Johnson was the only junior in that group unless you want to move Ruffin down there, and have to replace that DB group that have started for 3 years Cope did look solid against Lakota East, and also good news is Hoban Winton Woods and Massillon have a lot of seniors departing this year, so this could be a golden opportunity for the lancers
Looks like there will be lots of turnover among all of the top 5 D2 teams. Should make for a very interesting year in ‘21 to see who can “reload” the best and not miss a beat.

I think out of those top 5 I think La Salle has the most experience especially on the offense Hoban and Massillon has two really good sophomore running backs in Lamar Sperling and Willtrell Hartson

I think out of those top 5 I think La Salle has the most experience especially on the offense Hoban and Massillon has two really good sophomore running backs in Lamar Sperling and Willtrell Hartson

Lamar Sperling??

I saw Willtrell play against Lasalle, he is very good indeed. Have not seen Lamar Sperling play

Lamar Sperling 32 sophomore

Attachments

• Screenshot (149).png
    Screenshot (149).png
    210.8 KB · Views: 31
X's weak spot has been the defense
Yeah, allowing 12 points per game in the post-season is pretty weak. Albanese and Devine ARE going to be tough to replace though, as well as Clifford and Patterson, those two were a special pair. I'll take my chances with 16 returning starters (including 5 three year starters), the complete offensive line and a 2000+ yard passer. Lasalle and Elder both will always bring talent, but not sure how X isn't the favorite to repeat in the GCL and possibly the state.

Yeah, allowing 12 points per game in the post-season is pretty weak. Albanese and Devine ARE going to be tough to replace though, as well as Clifford and Patterson, those two were a special pair. I'll take my chances with 16 returning starters (including 5 three year starters), the complete offensive line and a 2000+ yard passer. Lasalle and Elder both will always bring talent, but not sure how X isn't the favorite to repeat in the GCL and possibly the state.
X is 100% the favorite this year. can't argue with you on that.