D III State Championship: Chardon (11-0) vs. Columbus St. Francis DeSales (9-1)

Who wins?

• Chardon

Votes: 76 75.2%
  • DeSales

Votes: 25 24.8%

• Total voters

I won't venture a score, but I'll be what I anticipate to be the contrarian and cast my vote for DeSales in a squeaker. ..... just a hunch

Chardons front 7 is too dominate, and physical. DeSales likes to run the ball a lot, I think that this play into a Chardon strength that won't give. If they take care of the football on offense, I don't see this one being close.

LOL. DeSales has a really good front 7 as well. Im sure we will get a bunch of blowout predictions just like from all the Alter fans.

DeSales stopped an Alter team that was on a tear, so it's hard to not pick them to win especially with that running back. Give me DeSales by a score.

This is a tough one to call. Chardon has been absolutely dominant this season, including the playoffs. DeSales is a fine program and team. They're win over what was an Alter team that had been rolling, was impressive. I'm going with Chardon, but also count on a good game.

Chardon 28
DeSales 14

Chardons front 7 is too dominate, and physical. DeSales likes to run the ball a lot, I think that this play into a Chardon strength that won't give. If they take care of the football on offense, I don't see this one being close.

The back 4 aren't too bad either. 3 first team all district guys including 6-4 and 6-5 safeties. Not sure if Sulka will be back, but those guys are very good.

His messages don't seem to far fetched how is he a troll?
LOL. It doesn't hurt my feelings that they are calling me a troll... Chardons starting defense has given up 3.64 points per game. I've watched this team play on streams, and have seen youtube videos of DeSales' games. I simply don't think the Pistol Wing RB Counter play is going to get it done which seems to be DeSales' favorite. Among a jet sweep, and a QB Keep off of that jet sweep. The play-action game could become effective, and that would be my biggest worry for Chardon.

LOL. It doesn't hurt my feelings that they are calling me a troll... Chardons starting defense has given up 3.64 points per game. I've watched this team play on streams, and have seen youtube videos of DeSales' games. I simply don't think the Pistol Wing RB Counter play is going to get it done which seems to be DeSales' favorite. Among a jet sweep, and a QB Keep off of that jet sweep. The play-action game could become effective, and that would be my biggest worry for Chardon.
Desales' also runs an inside zone counter off of the jet sweep/QB run. Generally the play action consists of a two man route combo with a slot receiver, and a flanker.

Ive seen Chardon and the plays they run fit into DeSales strengths as well. Just like I told Alter fans DeSales is thrilled to be in D3 this yr. There big losses in the past come to D1 and power d2 teams. They haven't lost to a d3 team by more than a td in 5 years. Just saying. There will be 2 teams up to the challenge on Saturday despite all the love Chardon gets.

Ive seen Chardon and the plays they run fit into DeSales strengths as well. Just like I told Alter fans DeSales is thrilled to be in D3 this yr. There big losses in the past come to D1 and power d2 teams. They haven't lost to a d3 team by more than a td in 5 years. Just saying. There will be 2 teams up to the challenge on Saturday despite all the love Chardon gets.
Chardon runs some sort of called the "Wing (...)" (There's a letter there, I'm not sure what letter) offense, and apparently they have run it for 40 years. Through a week of preparation for this offense, I'd tip my hat to DeSales if they can stop it. My thinking behind it is, that Chardon plays their conference every year, and there lowest scoring game was 31 points. Those coaches in the conference prepare for Chardon all year and can't stop them how is a Columbus team supposed to. ---- the reason IF DeSales stopped chardon i would tip my hat.

So with that, I'd conclude, as you think Desales run fit stops Chardon well. It comes down to the coaches game planning and player execution on that Saturday night.

Maybe their conference is down. Im just saying Desales is very good against similar offenses. Alter and Hartley runs similar in ways offenses. Just makes me laugh that it seems Desales shouldn't even show up. If Chardon passed the ball every down id be worried.

Maybe their conference is down. Im just saying Desales is very good against similar offenses. Alter and Hartley runs similar in ways offenses. Just makes me laugh that it seems Desales shouldn't even show up. If Chardon passed the ball every down id be worried.
I would say Chardon's conference is not down... Mayfield lost to Hoban and Riverside lost to Hudson in OT. Both teams are D2 powerhouses (Hoban, Hudson). I would say its safe to say Chardon will not be passing much, as their offense is a running offense.

I love the blowout predictions. Here’s what I’ll say about the Desales team they’ll come ready to play as I’m sure the Chardon team will. Both offenses will be very predictable, neither one will do anything to try and trick you, they’re both going to do what they do. Defensively I see two very sound teams that run to the football and play really good team defense. Should be a really good game, I’d be concerned about Chardon not being in a real game all season long...,

Going to be a long week. 1st Alter fans and now Chardon. I honestly dont know Chardon history but it seems like they've already won this year and win it all every year. I'm just saying DeSales is good against the run. Good luck to Chardon and they've been rolling. I like the way they fly to the ball on D