Mr. Football

Interestingly, two of my frontrunners played against each other this week- Kiner from Roger Bacon and Ironton's Carrico.

If those are indeed the frontrunners, Carrico definitely gets the nod based on last night. To be fair, I think Carrico's supporting cast (especially the O-Line) gets credit, too - and was better than Kiner's. Kiner was often swallowed up right after getting the handoff.
I'm biased. But, I'll go with Carrico. But, let's see how he does against Kirkland.

If those are indeed the frontrunners, Carrico definitely gets the nod based on last night. To be fair, I think Carrico's supporting cast (especially the O-Line) gets credit, too - and was better than Kiner's. Kiner was often swallowed up right after getting the handoff.
I'm biased. But, I'll go with Carrico. But, let's see how he does against Kirkland.

Carrico is good, but I still feel like Kiner is Mr. Football. Carrico has a better line as you said. Kiner did it without a solid line. He also played the entire playoffs with a bad ankle sprain and gutted it out for his team. If he played the entire game all season he would be #1 in every category without a question.

One advantage to Carrico is that he plays on both sides of the ball. He's an even better linebacker than he is a running back. That's why he's going to OSU to play LB. Kiner is certainly a flashier player and most deserving, but Carrico's contribution is felt more on both sides of the ball.

Carrico is probably the heavy favorite. Going to Ohio State. Plays both ways. Is in the title game again. Out played the LSU recruit

For the final time.

@CoreyKiner's final career stats in the all-time @OHSAASports record book ?

8,941 all-purpose yards
7,134 rushing yards = 10th
772 points = 3rd
125 total TDs = 3rd
116 rushing TDs = 3rd
34 quarters missed

For the final time.

@CoreyKiner's final career stats in the all-time @OHSAASports record book ?

8,941 all-purpose yards
7,134 rushing yards = 10th
772 points = 3rd
125 total TDs = 3rd
116 rushing TDs = 3rd
34 quarters missed

What were Kiner’s stats in this last game against Ironton? No one has been able/willing to cite them yet...

OSU carries weight, and Carrico's a heck of a player, so he'll get it. Kiner's ankle injury and lack of second half work doomed him. And this isn't a career achievement award, it's this year.

22 caries for 107 and a TD.
A goof game, by normal standards (~5 yards/carry)— but far below his very high standard... though it doesn’t sound like he showed any “reluctance” to run the ball against Ironton.

Corey Kiner played in D5, he didn't face any stout defenses the entire season
He played D5 with & against D5 players. I don’t believe Kiner was dominant enough to win it, but it’s not like he had St X’s oline blocking for him against D5 schools.

He played D5 with & against D5 players. I don’t believe Kiner was dominant enough to win it, but it’s not like he had St X’s oline blocking for him against D5 schools.

The young man had 1,627 yards and 34 TD's, averaged 12.5 yards per carry in a shortened 6 game season where he didn't play in 8.5 quarters. This does not even include his playoff numbers in which he sat out 4 or 5 quarters or All-Purpose yards which I could not find. He also played defense some as well and had a few sacks. Throw in one of the greatest runs I have ever seen against Carlisle in which it was reported he hurt his ankle on, and he is my clear cut favorite. He is a game changer.

Carrico #'s before Saturday's game vs. RB had rushed 136 times for 1,349 yards for a 9.9 yards per carry average and scored 23 touchdowns

The young man had 1,627 yards and 34 TD's, averaged 12.5 yards per carry in a shortened 6 game season where he didn't play in 8.5 quarters. This does not even include his playoff numbers in which he sat out 4 or 5 quarters or All-Purpose yards which I could not find. He also played defense some as well and had a few sacks. Throw in one of the greatest runs I have ever seen against Carlisle in which it was reported he hurt his ankle on, and he is my clear cut favorite. He is a game changer.

Carrico #'s before Saturday's game vs. RB had rushed 136 times for 1,349 yards for a 9.9 yards per carry average and scored 23 touchdowns
Was trying to defend the idea that a D5 player could win the title. Especially one with a Power5 scholarship. Honestly, I didn't even know Kiner's stats, but now can say that 270 yards/game is sufficiently "dominant."

Maybe we should retitle the thread: Anyone besides Kiner or Carrico for Mr Football?

What Joe Malchesky from lake catholic? If a D5 player is in the consideration why can’t a D4 player be. He has single-handedly carry the lake catholic cougars to a state championship game. With just about 1500 rushing Yds and nearly 1000 yards in the air and combining for 20+ Tds he deserves consideration. He isn’t getting the respect he deserves.
If that is the baseline then Owen Treece from Van Wert would be in consideration too. He has thrown for over 2700 yds and 33 TDs and run for over 900yds.