Alter vs DeSales DIII State Semi-Finals

Interesting. According to the rules set by OHSAA and the CDC, if you are not in contact for 48 hours after symptoms then there is no need to test further. Alter followed the rules. Northmont on the other hand had a student test positive that was active on the team within the 48 hour period, which is why they had more problems. According to the article on DDN, Domsitz was not around anyone since Friday night, with a mask on, and not talking to the team face to face with no mask for more than 6 minutes. Therefore, Alter did follow the rules. Yes it is very unfortunate that these other school had to cancel especially Northmont who was making a run for the money.

I hope that is true. He is a good man, but if that was his behavior I don’t see how he coached His team?? Whole process appears inconsistent and confusing. I hope this works out ok for Coach and players. Pretty dangerous times.

These are strange times for many states facing these problems. I do feel bad for teams that had to forfeit and it is very unfortunate. If the rules are followed then I do not see why they should be penalized. If a player or coach experiences symptoms then they should be tested. Every player does symptom checkers and has their temperature monitored before school and before all extracurriculars including sports practices, theatre, and band practices. It has been the same all year for all of the teams. Its easier to pin point teams now that everyone's eyes are on the final 4 teams. I wish Northmont was able to play because of their exciting team this year. It is a shame most teams could not finish. Its a crazy year and the OHSAA is dealing with it the best that they can. If anyone wants to story and interview, then here it is... https://www.daytondailynews.com/spo...tive-for-covid-19/WJ6LXGROCVH25KF74GXCV3A54A/

Best of luck to both of the teams. A very exciting game between two great powerhouses. I hope they get to play and finish the season. Teams have made it this far to and have faced a lot of adversity. Which teams can continue to play with it?

Alter- 17
DeSales- 7

These are strange times for many states facing these problems. I do feel bad for teams that had to forfeit and it is very unfortunate. If the rules are followed then I do not see why they should be penalized. If a player or coach experiences symptoms then they should be tested. Every player does symptom checkers and has their temperature monitored before school and before all extracurriculars including sports practices, theatre, and band practices. It has been the same all year for all of the teams. Its easier to pin point teams now that everyone's eyes are on the final 4 teams. I wish Northmont was able to play because of their exciting team this year. It is a shame most teams could not finish. Its a crazy year and the OHSAA is dealing with it the best that they can. If anyone wants to story and interview, then here it is... https://www.daytondailynews.com/spo...tive-for-covid-19/WJ6LXGROCVH25KF74GXCV3A54A/

Best of luck to both of the teams. A very exciting game between two great powerhouses. I hope they get to play and finish the season. Teams have made it this far to and have faced a lot of adversity. Which teams can continue to play with it?

Alter- 17
DeSales- 7
You’re truly naive if you think everyone is doing these temperature checks. Where did the coach contact Covid from? You do realize that people carry the virus without showing any signs of having the virus. They have their HEAD COACH with the virus. Are you telling me he has zero contact with his team? Alter is putting a lot of kids at risk for the sake of a game, if they have nothing to hide, then get everyone tested. If the test comeback negative then play the game. Why can’t they be totally transparent about everything....if they test everyone for one game the cost isn’t that much and it’s the responsible thing to do!

You’re truly naive if you think everyone is doing these temperature checks. Where did the coach contact Covid from? You do realize that people carry the virus without showing any signs of having the virus. They have their HEAD COACH with the virus. Are you telling me he has zero contact with his team? Alter is putting a lot of kids at risk for the sake of a game, if they have nothing to hide, then get everyone tested. If the test comeback negative then play the game. Why can’t they be totally transparent about everything....if they test everyone for one game the cost isn’t that much and it’s the responsible thing to do!
The caveat is that one false positive wrongfully ends your season. The kids have to take their temperature every day before school, if they have a fever, they don't come. Simple as that, anyone who could be sick will never come into contact with the rest of the team, eliminating the risk of spread.

The caveat is that one false positive wrongfully ends your season. The kids have to take their temperature every day before school, if they have a fever, they don't come. Simple as that, anyone who could be sick will never come into contact with the rest of the team, eliminating the risk of spread.
In theory that sounds wonderful, I’m telling you it doesn’t happen! What we do know is that a coach tested positive. I want this game to be played, I also want both teams to be safe. Alter has to understand that there’s another team on the other side that has an opportunity to play for a state title too if they win so don’t put their chance to play for that title at risk and more importantly don’t put their health at risk. I know that young kids there isn’t much of a risk but the potential people they come in contact with could be at risk. Just do the right thing and get tested it’s not that big of a deal. If you miss school because you show symptoms you can’t return without a negative test or you have to be quartinned. So get tested and it’s a mute issue.

In theory that sounds wonderful, I’m telling you it doesn’t happen! What we do know is that a coach tested positive. I want this game to be played, I also want both teams to be safe. Alter has to understand that there’s another team on the other side that has an opportunity to play for a state title too if they win so don’t put their chance to play for that title at risk and more importantly don’t put their health at risk. I know that young kids there isn’t much of a risk but the potential people they come in contact with could be at risk. Just do the right thing and get tested it’s not that big of a deal. If you miss school because you show symptoms you can’t return without a negative test or you have to be quartinned. So get tested and it’s a mute issue.
Isn't any game that the teams play a risk of getting it? Haven't all of the teams been making risks? Getting 70+ tests in 2 days is a lot easier said than done. Also it is not a requirement so why would they have to follow rules that are not in place?

So what if players from DeSales have it but do not show symptoms? Do they all have to be tested? If a player from Alter has symptoms then they will be tested, same with every school.

Domsitz wasn't around his players when he had it. No alter players have shown symptoms, so no tests are needed.

would you get tested for a sickness you know you don't have? Let's say you feel totally fine and someone tells you to get a flu test, would you?

would you get tested for a sickness you know you don't have? Let's say you feel totally fine and someone tells you to get a flu test, would you?

During a pandemic if I could then ensure my team was safe to play? Yes, everytime

Ill take Alter 24-21

they can also recruit players, if you haven't forgot. a private school should not be in the same division as a public school that has the same amount of students.

Alter was DIV and got bumped to DIII due to the "competitive balance and recruiting". They have a much lower enrollment than their normal D3 counterparts

Alter was DIV and got bumped to DIII due to the "competitive balance and recruiting". They have a much lower enrollment than their normal D3 counterparts
DeSales spent last Year in D2
For 2020: D3 272-377 Boys
DeSales / Actual 303 ADJ. CB from 2019 Add 72 Ghost Kids 336 D3
Alter / Actual 230 ADJ. CB from 2019 Add 60 Ghost Kids 290 D3
Tiffin Columbia / Actual 333 ADJ. CB from 2019 3 Ghost Kids 336 D3
Chardon / Actual 342 ADJ. CB from 2019 0 Ghost Kids 342 D3

Last edited:
Whenever alter plays " up" vs columbus big 3 @ 7pt+ advantage vs a neutral line. Watterson. Hartley. De. Sales can handle the ' bone's knees and elbows. You don't have a plan b you go home to the 937.

I’m going Karl Rd. 26-21
Good Luck to both teams.
Should be a Great Game.

Last edited:
DeSales spent last Year in D2
For 2020: D3 272-377 Boys
DeSales / Actual 303 ADJ. CB from 2019 Add 72 Ghost Kids 336 D3
Alter / Actual 230 ADJ. CB from 2019 Add 60 Ghost Kids 290 D3
Tiffin Columbia / Actual 333 ADJ. CB from 2019 3 Ghost Kids 336 D3
Chardon / Actual 342 ADJ. CB from 2019 0 Ghost Kids 342 D3
“72 Ghost Kids” sure seems like a pretty decent trade-off for DeSales if you consider how well they’ve sustained their enrollment these past 20 years and in the process all the athletic success they’ve enjoyed in same timeframe.

Whenever alter plays " up" vs columbus big 3 @ 7pt+ advantage vs a neutral line. Watterson. Hartley. De. Sales can handle the ' bone's knees and elbows. You don't have a plan b you go home to the 937.

Alter appears to be a different team then years past. In 12 hours we will see.