Jeff Rotsky Steps Down

Solon didn’t handle Bob Patton Jr and VASJ couldn’t handle Babe Kwasniak! Both are Mother Teresa compared to Rotsky and his antics! Remember, Euclid suspended him for a game last year! No way his act plays well at either place unless the sell their soul to win!

There are still people out there with sore feelings about how things went at Chanel with Rotsky. That may bleed over to the diocese and St. Joe's. The Rotsky Foundation focuses on inner city youth. Certainly, his coaching is separate from the foundation, but Solon just doesn't seem like a good fit in light of his personal priorities.

There are still people out there with sore feelings about how things went at Chanel with Rotsky. That may bleed over to the diocese and St. Joe's. The Rotsky Foundation focuses on inner city youth. Certainly, his coaching is separate from the foundation, but Solon just doesn't seem like a good fit in light of his personal priorities.

Yeah. Say what you want about him but he has his philosophy (that works) and he doesn't seem like he plans on changing it. That will limit the schools he can work at because you have to buy into him.

That's why I don't see Solon as an option. Not that it couldn't work. But I think the sides will be too far apart.

VASJ does make sense but only if the diocese would be willing to let him run the program the way he sees fit. ... and if the diocese can let the past be the past, it probably is a match on both sides.

Gotta think that’s the case with the timing of McQuaide’s and Rotsky’s decisions

Guarantee it’s not Solon...

I can see Cirino applying to Solon, can’t see him applying to Euclid though. Gotta remember he’s a teacher, and his gig at Strongsville is better than what he’ll get at Euclid, which is in big financial trouble.

VASJ is definitely a potential landing spot for Rotsky. Depending on how it went down at Euclid, curious if the Joe’s-Euclid relationship would have an impact at all.

Joes would be a logical choice, Rotsky had success at Chanel in the early 00’s winning a state title. Similar school setup to Chanel back then although VASJ is steady with nearly 500+ students back in the building. Only thing that may hinder this idea is if the Diocese and VASJ’s administration squash the thought immediately. The program no doubt needs new life, it would be a huge boost to a program that is hungry for consistent success on the gridiron.
Rotsky Did Not win a title! The change to Bill Powers produced the 2001 15-0 season title, he failed with 99 & 2000 with plenty of talent.

As a younger poster can someone fill me in on what Rotsky did at Chanel that was so bad? I've heard good and bad things about him but i've never actually met the man.

While true, they also don’t win a title in 2001 without him.
That's your "opinion", I was there and stand by what I posted, he never will win a title anywhere!
The 99 team was brought in by Ben Batton as freshmen, not JR, fact! many of the football players on the 2001 title team were recruited by the wrestling program, also fact!

As a younger poster can someone fill me in on what Rotsky did at Chanel that was so bad? I've heard good and bad things about him but i've never actually met the man.
He did not play by the "rules" simply put and the school had to cut him loose!

He did not play by the "rules" simply put and the school had to cut him loose!
I thought the school cut him loose because he didn't play by "their" rules. Chanel had open enrollment being a parochial school. Some kids came in and took some spots away from current kids. Parents became angry and complained..... the rest is history. Where was Chanels program prior to Rotsky? He took over at Maple with a team of barely 20. Maple had lost 23 games in a row!!! Within 2 years they were 80 plus. I want to say 10-0 in his third year. I don't believe the man has ever been found guilty of anything. The man is more then a coach to his players. Rotsky foundation......search it!

I thought the school cut him loose because he didn't play by "their" rules. Chanel had open enrollment being a parochial school. Some kids came in and took some spots away from current kids. Parents became angry and complained..... the rest is history. Where was Chanels program prior to Rotsky? He took over at Maple with a team of barely 20. Maple had lost 23 games in a row!!! Within 2 years they were 80 plus. I want to say 10-0 in his third year. I don't believe the man has ever been found guilty of anything. The man is more then a coach to his players. Rotsky foundation......search it!

He has done some great things Stang and his foundation is wonderful, but everywhere he's gone he's drawn criticism, fair or unfair, as to how he attracts kids to his programs. Some schools don't want to invite that criticism/take on the perceived baggage.

He also took 4-5 Chanel players with him and only 2 of them were "real maple residents that could legally transfer abck to their home district. "their rules" ?? No the Ohsaa rules!
"Some kids came in and took some spots away from current kids"- absolutely false, all the players that were the recuited class from Batton and the wrestlers that came in during that time frame all played, they did not get replaced by anyone! Childress, Cargile, Adams, J Smith, etc were freshman already there when he was hired in march or april of 97, fact!

He also took 4-5 Chanel players with him and only 2 of them were "real maple residents that could legally transfer abck to their home district. "their rules" ?? No the Ohsaa rules!
"Some kids came in and took some spots away from current kids"- absolutely false, all the players that were the recuited class from Batton and the wrestlers that came in during that time frame all played, they did not get replaced by anyone! Childress, Cargile, Adams, J Smith, etc were freshman already there when he was hired in march or april of 97, fact!
Do not see any wrong doing there.

Do not see any wrong doing there.
Yep, this could be a whole 10 page thread, but one example He went of to Bedford at lunchtime and sat a tables talking to boys to come over to Chanel, hardly rocket science to figure out that is ILLEGAL!
Bedford AD reported this to OHSAA and should have!