Massillon vs Lasalle

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m not saying you’re wrong but why is it that Ballard is the only one who fans ever call out even though many other players have been getting penalties as well.
When he gets flagged multiple times, multiple games for just that - running his mouth. He is going to get called out and deservedly so. That said I have been to every game and haven't seen him flagged for his mouth the last several games. I did see him get flagged vs Perry for a shove after the whistle - might have been avoided - he was running and put his arms out contacted the Perry player. Good call? I will give those types of calls to the refs. They were chippy on boths sides vs Perry.

La Salle's Open House cancelled Sunday due to increase of COVID cases at the school. https://www.lasallehs.net/about/new.../general-news/post/11820-open-house-postponed.

State semi-final game in serious jeopardy
It's getting seriously dicey, this thing is spreading like wildfire. In NE OH, we just saw Ursuline's title hopes get dashed by the virus, and one of the defending champs in MI just bowed out of the playoffs there because of an outbreak. It might be a minor miracle of we get these last 4 teams through 2 more weeks intact.

It's getting seriously dicey, this thing is spreading like wildfire. In NE OH, we just saw Ursuline's title hopes get dashed by the virus, and one of the defending champs in MI just bowed out of the playoffs there because of an outbreak. It might be a minor miracle of we get these last 4 teams through 2 more weeks intact.
It’s ridiculous that we are even worried about this, 99.9 percent survival rate and it’s nothing worse than the flu. Blown way out of proportion from the beginning.

Just finished watching LaSalle vs Winton Woods.
The Lancers' crushed the Warriors'.
Winton Woods' speed did not come into play at all.
LaSalle had an answer for the Warriors 'O'.
LaSalle 'O' line consists of some HUGE BAD DUDES.
That line will cause some problems for Massillon.
I read the entire LaSalle secondary has D1 offers - I didn't try to confirm it.
Massillon has, in my opinion, the best high school group of receivers in Ohio, bar none.
Catrone can throw the ball.
I watched the Massillon-Perry game and he threw some long, tight spirals.
Massillon and LaSalle play a similar offense.
Run oriented with enough passing to keep the defenses honest.
LaSalle's QB is their primary weapon. He's a dangerous runner.
He broke a long run for a TD early in the first quarter against Winton Woods.
Willtrell Hartson is Massillon's primary running back. But they have others who can run the ball.
Jaydon Ballard, Andrew Wilson-Lamp and Martavian Johnson are the three best of Massillon's stable of receivers.
Ballard committed to Ohio State, Wilson-Lamp to West Virginia.
Should be a heck of a game.
A TON OF TALENT ON BOTH TEAMS.
If I had to pick I'd go with LaSalle.
Why? Because they're LaSalle.
The Lancers' have won the state championship 4 of the last 6 years.

Last edited:
I got Massillon 34-27. LaSalle not having Payne is the difference. No Porter this year to counter that loss. Wise and Woullard play the jet sweep extremely well. Linebackers and safeties have to really tee off on their qb when he keeps it. Hartson will do enough on the ground to control the clock. As in any game this late, turnovers will factor greatly in this one as will the coaching matchup. I think Massillon has learned from last year's State Title game. Again, no Payne, a two way stud and best player in last years matchup, is ultimately the difference.

A friend of mine is friends with a Hoban assistant. He told me this past weekend that Hoban believes that this years Massillon team is soft and not like the one last year. I wholeheartedly disagree and assured my friend that, not only is the defense better than last year, they are just as physical, if not more. I want to see Massillon be the more physical team on Friday and show the haughty golden domers from Summit County what's coming! T-I-G!

I got Massillon 34-27. LaSalle not having Payne is the difference. No Porter this year to counter that loss. Wise and Woullard play the jet sweep extremely well. Linebackers and safeties have to really tee off on their qb when he keeps it. Hartson will do enough on the ground to control the clock. As in any game this late, turnovers will factor greatly in this one as will the coaching matchup. I think Massillon has learned from last year's State Title game. Again, no Payne, a two way stud and best player in last years matchup, is ultimately the difference.
I'll believe Payne isn't playing when the clock hits all 0's.
Don't be surprised if LaSalle does something consistently other than the jet sweep.
Love the Hartson kid, but not crazy about how he protects the ball.
Afraid LaSalle QB will be the difference.

I raised the prospect of this being an asterisk season months ago. This is exactly what I was talking about. A cancelled state semi raises examination of the validity of a "championship".

???????????????
Take this GARBAGE to a Fed League thread.
This thread is about a Semi-Final between Massillon and LaSalle not an irrelevant league.

Last edited:
So we agree that QB play will be the difference (y)
As usual, I have to explain things to you....YOU, in your usual scumbag anti Massillon way....have tried to throw Zach Catrone under the bus....continually attempting to set yourself up for an "I told you so" moment. In his 3 games against your Fed boys, Zach has been stellar.

23 of 28 for 423 yards and 4 TD's....and more importantly....3-0

My complimenting of the LaSalle QB takes nothing away from young Mr. Catrone. So here it goes....my comment meant that....even if Zach has a great game, I believe that the LaSalle QB will be the difference....much like you said that the Hoover QB would be the difference against Massillon, I hope I'm wrong like you were.

This can't be good.

11-9-20COVID.png

To clarify for Lancer fans - I dared make the rather obvious point that Massillon will go as far as their QB takes them. This is a basic point true for most all teams. However, the raging insecurity complex that controls Massillon fans has made this into a point of contention for them.

I never once said the kid was unable to do so. He is playing well utilizing the talent around him. My point - which still remains - is that on the way to a title he will likely be asked to make a big play at a crucial time in a game. How he responds will determine their season.

To clarify for Lancer fans - I dared make the rather obvious point that Massillon will go as far as their QB takes them. This is a basic point true for most all teams. However, the raging insecurity complex that controls Massillon fans has made this into a point of contention for them.

I never once said the kid was unable to do so. He is playing well utilizing the talent around him. My point - which still remains - is that on the way to a title he will likely be asked to make a big play at a crucial time in a game. How he responds will determine their season.

I don't see anything wrong with this statement or opinion. Catrone is a good HS QB. Is he Longwell? Not even close. There is a reason why this team has not thrown like we did in previous seasons. Catrone, early on, didn't look like he was comfortable. The last game against Perry, was the best I have seen him. However, he still can be critiqued. For example, Ballard and Lamp should NEVER be under thrown. Catrone on a few of his passes, was late releasing the ball and slightly under thrown. I know Catrone can throw the ball, and perhaps our run first offense has somewhat stunted his development throughout this season. But there is a reason we have been so run heavy this year.

I don't see anything wrong with this statement or opinion. Catrone is a good HS QB. Is he Longwell? Not even close. There is a reason why this team has not thrown like we did in previous seasons. Catrone, early on, didn't look like he was comfortable. The last game against Perry, was the best I have seen him. However, he still can be critiqued. For example, Ballard and Lamp should NEVER be under thrown. Catrone on a few of his passes, was late releasing the ball and slightly under thrown. I know Catrone can throw the ball, and perhaps our run first offense has somewhat stunted his development throughout this season. But there is a reason we have been so run heavy this year.
He was lights out 1st half of eds game is memory serves me right. An injury slowed him down and is still progressing. I remember longwell struggling in big games when leaned on as well. The good teams can cause that to happen when you can't run the ball on every level. Longwell always had a homerun hitter in the backfield and now since mckinley game we have one again. The defense finally has to respect the run which opens passing game. But if your getting 10+ a carry why throw it 30 times? Our coordinators don't call an easy passing game. They like to dial up homerun shots and those don't work of you can't run the ball! Kinda like last year against Lasalle. You might hit one early then they adjust and shut it down

And I called you out on your obvious statement. Throughout the course of a season EVERY QB will need to make a play. But here are so e exact quotes that came directly from you.

"Can Ballard continue to bail him out on the jump balls?"

-2scents

"Who are you going to bring g in to throw those long balls?"

-2scents

"You don't have any choice BUT Zach."

-2scents

Lying, especially with the features available to us to call someone out, isn't too smart.

To clarify for Lancer fans, this scumbag has been a Massillon hater and Massillon troll for ages. His team has been irrelevant for a long time. Likes to stir the pot. Who does McKinley play this week?

Status
Not open for further replies.