The official EBC Football Thread

Good luck to the EBC teams playing this week. I like:

West Branch will end on high note and beat a good CVCA team be a few scores. What a turnaround for the Warriors!

Salem will finish strong and handle United, very impressive season for Salem, could be one of the favorites for EBC title next year

Carrollton and Indian Valley will be a close one, IV has a great program and I think the will win this one. I hope Carrollton proves me wrong..

Good luck to all 3 teams!

What about POY? I think Hillyer is the obvious choice.

Lots of good coaching but WB’s Harris has got to be the coach of the year.

What about your teams best players?

Minerva’s 2 best are Burress and Common and deserve 1st team honors. I think those are the only 2 potential 1st teamers for the Lions

Lots of talk about the EBC folding but there are going be some very good teams coming up.

What a blessing the boys got to play an entire season!

Last edited:
WB has the potential to have another very good year. They only need to fill one spot on the O-Line. They will have several WR's back and will need to break in a new RB and QB, but both have some experience in those positions. On defense, they will need to replace several lineman and both ILB's, but there are some kids in the folds. The db's should be good and there are still a couple juniors and sophomores that will need to step up next year. Biggest issues is lack of what will be a sophomore class since there was no freshman team this year. Team probably will not have big numbers but should have quality players. JV teams have only lost 2 games the last couple of years and both the juniors and seniors to be have now been a part of several successful teams so hopefully that tradition is starting to come back.

I agree that WB will be a tough team again next year. Their defense actually also gets back their leading tackler the last 2 years at ILB, Steve Marra is only a junior. Most lineman will be back and some top receivers and db's. They will have a few spots to fill, namely QB and RB but I think they have the kids that should fill those roles just fine.

How did wb lose tonight? Supposely they have 6 d1 recruits including their 5'4" qb? I am confused? did they just not play anyone good except Ursline and CVCA. I mean arrcording to the EBC guy Hillyer and McKiver will be starting for OSU next fall. lmao

Good news after election next week covid will gone all games on for next week. Turns out only 3 positive test after all. Rest were just the flu.
Or goes the other way once trump wins which lets he does or there will be no more usa so probably be 3 million cases a day wink wink
What the hell kind of 1st grade gibberish is this?

How did wb lose tonight? Supposely they have 6 d1 recruits including their 5'4" qb? I am confused? did they just not play anyone good except Ursline and CVCA. I mean arrcording to the EBC guy Hillyer and McKiver will be starting for OSU next fall. lmao

They forgot that football is a 4 quarter game and that you win by play playing physically tough and not so much by running your mouth.

Last edited:
They forgot that football is a 4 quarter game and that you win by play playing physically tough and not so much but running your mouth.
you forgot to include the ringing of cow bells, even tho they haven't been a farm school since open enrollment began. lol. If you attend any of their sporting events. And hear the music they come out to you would think you are in Detroit. lol. yep real country.

Never in my life have I ever seen anything like that game. 42-14 WB with a min till half. 3 quarter the defense literally stayed in the locker room. Period!

Never in my life have I ever seen anything like that game. 42-14 WB with a min till half. 3 quarter the defense literally stayed in the locker room. Period!

That's the point in the game where the players from West Branch started telling everyone on CVCA's team how good West Branch was. When CVCA started to come back and we're getting excited several WB kids kept telling the Royals to look at the scoreboard. West Branch must be used to playing teams that just give up? CVCA also did that without their head coach tonight.

So I was wrong on every single pick this week.. great win and finish by Carrollton. Indian Valley is a quality opponent. The Warriors kind of fly under the radar but a 7-3 record with a lit returning- they will a contender next year.

Sound like a wild game for WB, CVCA is a good team. Sounds like they were a tough matchup, still a great season for WB.

United is a very good football team, Salem played some good football to end the year so I am sure there is some excitement there,

Good luck to the EBC teams playing this week. I like:

West Branch will end on high note and beat a good CVCA team be a few scores. What a turnaround for the Warriors!

Salem will finish strong and handle United, very impressive season for Salem, could be one of the favorites for EBC title next year

Carrollton and Indian Valley will be a close one, IV has a great program and I think the will win this one. I hope Carrollton proves me wrong..

Good luck to all 3 teams!
Carrollton played an outstanding game! 34-14 over Indian Valley!

So you're saying Minerva has a better team than Salem. Got it.
Not once did I ever say that Minerva was better than Salem! I have nothing but praise for the job Johnson and did with that young team. I also said they would be contending for the league title next year- I said United had better team and should have added, last Friday- they hung 45 on Salem, went 7-3. They are a good football team. The question was how did Salem lose, my answer was United was better. This had nothing at all to do with Minerva.

Not once did I ever say that Minerva was better than Salem! I have nothing but praise for the job Johnson and did with that young team. I also said they would be contending for the league title next year- I said United had better team and should have added, last Friday- they hung 45 on Salem, went 7-3. They are a good football team. The question was how did Salem lose, my answer was United was better. This had nothing at all to do with Minerva.
I was being sarcastic. My bad

I really have never seen the EBC guy say Hillyer is going to Ohio State- but I did see the stats from last nights game and the young man had 17 carries for 83 yards and a TD and was 27-37 306 yards and 2 touchdowns. Pretty good night I would say.

Last edited:
I really have never seen the EBC guy say Hillyer is going to Ohio State- but I did see the stats from last nights game and the young man had 17 carries for 83 yards and a TD and was 27-37 306 yards and 2 touchdowns. Pretty good night I would say.
That guy Amazes me such a douche. I suppose the WB players may have all looked liked D1 recruits after see the pathetic talent on his team. Jealousy always makes the weak individuals come out. Hillyer did have a nice game and almost pulled it out with a hell mary on the last play of the game. Cvca kept fighting kudos to them boys and the Official’s who played along with them.

That's the point in the game where the players from West Branch started telling everyone on CVCA's team how good West Branch was. When CVCA started to come back and we're getting excited several WB kids kept telling the Royals to look at the scoreboard. West Branch must be used to playing teams that just give up? CVCA also did that without their head coach tonight.

Really no head coach ? You had 15 players on the field all night. Four were wearing black and white Stripes. If you were actually there and have any integrity you know that’s the truth.
Game should be on the Cvca site for all to see. You can’t say 2 of the onside kicks went 10 yards ! Those should have Been WB ball.
Beyond Destroyed you in first half and our staff /players got complacent not to run it up on you just like they have done all year. Mistake on their behalf.

I just so happened to be there and the onside kicks clearly went 10.23 yards. I also saw #13 for you Fumble and despite CVCA having the ball possession was awarded to WB. The ball was underneath the WR back. The refs didn't allow almost 600 yards of rushing, that was your defense. The refs didn't cause your RB to be so out of shape that he couldn't run the ball late in the game. The refs weren't calling pass plays for WB when they should have been running the ball, oh wait the RB was so out of shape they had to pass. WB got spanked from the 2nd quarter on. They just aren't used to playing good teams. I'm certain that the teams they are used to playing just roll over when they get down by 28. Maybe in the future they won't be bumping their gums and pointing to the scoreboard when a team starts to rally on them. Heck even the obnoxiously loud dad got quiet when momentum had shifted.

Last edited:
That guy Amazes me such a douche. I suppose the WB players may have all looked liked D1 recruits after see the pathetic talent on his team. Jealousy always makes the weak individuals come out. Hillyer did have a nice game and almost pulled it out with a hell mary on the last play of the game. Cvca kept fighting kudos to them boys and the Official’s who played along with them.
You are a douche. You run your mouth when beating low teir teams and make excuses when losing. True wb fan. You are the d bag that said that wb had all these d1 offers. Yea sure they do. Good job trying yo live thru your kid lmao

You are a douche. You run your mouth when beating low teir teams and make excuses when losing. True wb fan. You are the d bag that said that wb had all these d1 offers. Yea sure they do. Good job trying yo live thru your kid lmao

Is this guy the obnoxiously loud dad?

Are you for real? Here’s a link to the first onside kick. Recovered 11 yards from the line of scrimmage:

https://boxcast.tv/highlights/west-branch-at-cvca-781220/zz8tbcnmhf9rkidwcdjg/ss5mydyqtkmcjzd5rhyu

The second onside kick was lined directly off one of the West Branch return men and bounced back to the kicker.

Both teams played their hearts out. It’s a disservice to the CVCA team that rushed for 515 yards to say the refs helped them.

The Warriors dominated the first 22 minutes. CVCA came alive and it was game on.

I just so happened to be there and the onside kicks clearly went 10.23 yards. I also saw #13 for you Fumble and despite CVCA having the ball possession was awarded to WB. The ball was underneath the WR back. The refs didn't allow almost 600 yards of rushing, that was your defense. The refs didn't cause your RB to be so out of shape that he couldn't run the ball late in the game. The refs weren't calling pass plays for WB when they should have been running the ball, oh wait the RB was so out of shape they had to pass. WB got spanked from the 2nd quarter on. They just aren't used to playing good teams. I'm certain that the teams they are used to playing just roll over when they get down by 28. Maybe in the future they won't be bumping their gums and pointing to the scoreboard when a team starts to rally on them. Heck even the obnoxiously loud dad got quiet when momentum had shifted.
Like I said the game is available ,
Lol 600 yard lol and not one holding call seriously even your not that gullible. Your line is not that good.