Adena @ Mechanicsburg

burgfootball

Adena coming off a shutout win over Minster and Mechanicsburg coming off a blowout win against Paint Valley. Winner plays the winner of Wet Jefferson and Coldwater.

This one was a good one for 3 quarters last year. Adena is a much better team this year than they were last year. Ultimately, I think Adena's chances fall on the arm of Sykes. I think they'll have a tough time running the ball, but could make some progress through the air.

This one was a good one for 3 quarters last year. Adena is a much better team this year than they were last year. Ultimately, I think Adena's chances fall on the arm of Sykes. I think they'll have a tough time running the ball, but could make some progress through the air.

FWIW, Burg is also a much better team this year. They essentially return all but 2 starters from a season ago.

I think this will be a pretty good game early, but in the end I think Mechanicsburg is just too much. I have never seen a more "balanced" Mechanicsburg team, despite all of the good teams they've had the last 2 decades. I'll take Burg up 14-7 at the half and winning 35-14.

FWIW, Burg is also a much better team this year. They essentially return all but 2 starters from a season ago.

I think this will be a pretty good game early, but in the end I think Mechanicsburg is just too much. I have never seen a more "balanced" Mechanicsburg team, despite all of the good teams they've had the last 2 decades. I'll take Burg up 14-7 at the half and winning 35-14.

Yea, I assumed they were also a better team. I know they were pretty young last year.

I do wish they stuck with the neutral sites this season. can allow for more fans and turf is always nice.

going to be.m a battle for Adena. Obviously basing it off last season Mechanisburg is the favorite in this one. They did wallop Paint Valley a team adena only beat by 12. will rooting on adena but it will be an uphill battle

I don’t see Adena keeping up. I know their QB is a stud but we have so many options, it’s hard to cover unless you have 4-5 guys with speed and agility. Conley was throwing the ball well Saturday night too. It’ll be a fun game!

Couldn't believe that Adena shutout Minster!
Listened for years how the bottom teams of the MAC can beat any top teams from other leagues.
Don't chalk up that win yet Burg!
Hopefully your playing a lot better then when you played WJ!

Interesting.
I am guessing because they have turf. We did get a lot of rain last week and more is expected this week.
A lot of it has to do with the weather. The field has been taking a beating with 4 home games in a row. Then you add in the JV, Jr High, and pee wee teams playing at home. All the rain this past week and this week won't help at all.

Couldn't believe that Adena shutout Minster!
Listened for years how the bottom teams of the MAC can beat any top teams from other leagues.
Don't chalk up that win yet Burg!
Hopefully your playing a lot better then when you played WJ!
again with this....... for YEARS i haven't heard that the bottom teams in the MAC could beat ANY top teams from the other leagues.....

yes Adena did shut out a Minster Team without it's 1st or 2nd string QB. Adena does have a very good team, QB is the best Running/throwing QB that i have seen this year.... pretty good RB, and some dang good lineman...

Hopefully WJ is playing better now....then when they were playing one of those bottom teams in the MAC in Anna!

again with this....... for YEARS i haven't heard that the bottom teams in the MAC could beat ANY top teams from the other leagues.....

yes Adena did shut out a Minster Team without it's 1st or 2nd string QB. Adena does have a very good team, QB is the best Running/throwing QB that i have seen this year.... pretty good RB, and some dang good lineman...

Hopefully WJ is playing better now....then when they were playing one of those bottom teams in the MAC in Anna!
Let em have their limelight in beating two MAC playoff teams back to back. Quite an accomplishment. . The MAC WAS the king, and is being overtaken. It was bound to happen. Just accept it and you'll always have the memories of pre 2020.

Last edited:
going to be.m a battle for Adena. Obviously basing it off last season Mechanisburg is the favorite in this one. They did wallop Paint Valley a team adena only beat by 12. will rooting on adena but it will be an uphill battle

Adena beat PV by 22, but I agree with you, it's an uphill battle for Adena. I do think the Warriors are capable of winning the game.

BURG on a mission with only 1 game within 2 scores all year. The scrappy bunch continues to improve and gain even more confidence which are 2 dangerous factors. Adena may be improved from last year, but have not seen anything like BURG. Only chance for Warriors is for BURG to have a melt down...........don't see the coaching staff letting that happen.
BURG 38 Adena 18

Let em have their limelight in beating two MAC playoff teams back to back. Quite an accomplishment. . The MAC WAS the king, and is being overtaken. It was bound to happen. Just accept it and you'll always have the memories of pre 2020.
:)

A lot of it has to do with the weather. The field has been taking a beating with 4 home games in a row. Then you add in the JV, Jr High, and pee wee teams playing at home. All the rain this past week and this week won't help at all.

Man, have to play an away game cause that field is shot after week 8?
Better get your money back!
Here is an idea, build your pee wee teams their own field, that will help some.
And while your at it, build some stands so the fans have somewhere to sit when they come to the game.

Man, have to play an away game cause that field is shot after week 8?
Better get your money back!
Here is an idea, build your pee wee teams their own field, that will help some.
And while your at it, build some stands so the fans have somewhere to sit when they come to the game.
Roughrider,,, relax and breath.
I know the end is near (5 days away) for you, but you’re letting the thought of Coldwater ruin your nice manners.
If you’re having nightmares or losing sleep, try watching a Trump rally to remind you how nice life will be after Nov 3.