2020 Cleveland Browns

Who is at QB this Sunday,may be the end for Shorty pants?...BAM!

If Baker is healthy he will start. Only impatient know-nothings and Browns front-office clowns would give up on a talented QB that quickly. Which one are you?

Remember when he was setting all the NFL rookie QB records? I'm sure you loved him. He can be that guy again. 4 Head Coaches, 4 OCs in 3 years, and too much early fame will screw up a kid's head. He is fixable, and has the same strong/accurate arm he had as a rookie. just need to fix his decision making and re-establish his confidence.

If Baker is healthy he will start. Only impatient know-nothings and Browns front-office clowns would give up on a talented QB that quickly. Which one are you?

Remember when he was setting all the NFL rookie QB records? I'm sure you loved him. He can be that guy again. 4 Head Coaches, 4 OCs in 3 years, and too much early fame will screw up a kid's head. He is fixable, and has the same strong/accurate arm he had as a rookie. just need to fix his decision making and re-establish his confidence.

Agreed. He is fixable, however, he is just as easily breakable. Keep him upright and running an offense that plays to his talents and the fix will happen. Otherwise, I am afraid he will slide into beyond reparable.

Agreed. He is fixable, however, he is just as easily breakable. Keep him upright and running an offense that plays to his talents and the fix will happen. Otherwise, I am afraid he will slide into beyond reparable.
With all this said, I saw No ONE on either offense or defense that played well last week.

Totally agree with that. Did not play well or even hard. Which is very puzzling. Why weren't they sky-high and fired up? I don't know.

I think a lot of it is an "Oh $h!+, here we go again mentality." That's a symptom of decades of crappy football. Once the beating starts they just assume it is going to continue and give up.

Huey says Baker can do more,very good running backs,many fine receivers so just give them the ball...BAM!

I’d be ok if both teams lose?but I’m going to take a flyer here and pick the Bengals 27-23. Burrow has his best game of his rookie season.

Obj out for the year.
Blessing in disguise, IMO. Baker looked better in his rookie year without OBJ, when he was noted for spreading the ball around to any open receiver. Ever since OBJ showed up Kitchens, Stefanski and Baker all seemed to force action to OBJ to get him involved and avoid his pouting. Other than the Dallas game it’s hard to find many games where he was as much of a factor as Higgins was today.

OBJ is a talent. That doesn't mean it's a good fit. I'd be much happier if they'd have avoided trading with the Giants at all as I'd much rather have Zeitler, Pepper and the picks right now than OBJ and Lillian Vernon, errrrr, I mean Olivier Vernon. Old Olivier has been a complete non-factor.

On a positive note, Harrison Bryant has been fantastic since the day he walked into camp. I wonder if the Browns knew they could get him and that he would be this good if they'd have expended all of the money on Hooper.

The emphasis on getting the ball to Beckham carried over from Kitchens' tenure to Stefanski's. I just wonder if Baker was influenced by Beckham's star posture in the league, or if Beckham was in Mayfield's ear about getting him the ball. It was fairly obvious that Beckham was very often Mayfield's first read and if he wasn't open, Mayfield didn't react well.

Today, he looked like the Mayfield of his rookie year blended with Stefanski's offense underscored by the amount of times he found his tight ends. It was amazing how much controlled and confident he looked. I know it is one half and one half against a sub-par team, but this at least gives Browns fans a glimmer of hope that the Mayfield who showed such promise two years ago can return.

On the downside...the defense gave up a lot of points again and I don't see much remedy.

The emphasis on getting the ball to Beckham carried over from Kitchens' tenure to Stefanski's. I just wonder if Baker was influenced by Beckham's star posture in the league, or if Beckham was in Mayfield's ear about getting him the ball. It was fairly obvious that Beckham was very often Mayfield's first read and if he wasn't open, Mayfield didn't react well.

Today, he looked like the Mayfield of his rookie year blended with Stefanski's offense underscored by the amount of times he found his tight ends. It was amazing how much controlled and confident he looked. I know it is one half and one half against a sub-par team, but this at least gives Browns fans a glimmer of hope that the Mayfield who showed such promise two years ago can return.

On the downside...the defense gave up a lot of points again and I don't see much remedy.
His performance was definitely helped by the Bengals' failure to have any type of pass rush. I recall Baker getting touched only one time, and he still completed the pass.

After that horrific start (0-5 with a pick) it is impossible to play QB better than Baker did. 22-22 with 5TDs; only the spike to stop the clock was incomplete. Proud of how he battled back. Granted, it was the Bungles, but wow. DPJ and Higgins look really good at WR also.

After that horrific start (0-5 with a pick) it is impossible to play QB better than Baker did. 22-22 with 5TDs; only the spike to stop the clock was incomplete. Proud of how he battled back. Granted, it was the Bungles, but wow. DPJ and Higgins look really good at WR also.
It's still the NFL, tough to perform like that against any team.

I was impressed by Mayfield's showing yesterday, but I won't be sold until he shows that drive and confidence after being punched in the mouth by a good team.

I've had my fill of Vernon. He makes me think back to when the Browns had Jamal Lewis at the end of his career and he'd repeatedly run into the back of linemen while pumping his legs making no progress. Vernon seems to do the same damn thing with the only difference that he runs into the front of tackles. Takitaki is equally ineffective as a linebacker.

OBJ is a $15.7M cap hit this year, $15M in 2021 and $15M in 2022. That's a lot of money for a player with such little impact and one that will be even more limited after knee surgery. To his credit, he has not been the temperamental diva PITA I expected. On the down side, he hasn't been as impactful as expected.

Last edited:
I know I've been saying 8-8 all along, but man that schedule is weak. 11-5 is actually possible with decent health. Can't remember another year with so many 1-win teams after 7 weeks. Lots of really bad teams and many on the Browns schedule.

I know I've been saying 8-8 all along, but man that schedule is weak. 11-5 is actually possible with decent health. Can't remember another year with so many 1-win teams after 7 weeks. Lots of really bad teams and many on the Browns schedule.

They got lucky and the schedule swung to couple week Divisions in 2020, the AFC South and especially the NFC East are bad. But in the NFL every play is watched and guys are fighting for their next year's pay check and you would be shocked how motivated they get as the season winds down.