Benedictine 2020

Not sure what a Covid outbreak in the school system has to do with anything?

As I stated earlier Bene should handle South pretty easily. Which is why this annoying. But hey anything for a W, right? Poor form at best out of your "Home of Champions" coaching staff.

I actually do still use a typewriter on occasion lol.
The outbreak at your school had the superintendent suspending all extracurriculars meaning YOUR team was expecting to forfeit.

Wickb2233 I was shown and told the Rebels were sent both views. From what I saw we could have told the play pre-snap and couldn't stop anyone. So if those coaches told you ( and why are you able to get coaches info) maybe you could have helped coach the team. Maybe then they could have gotten a first down.And by the way we ARE The Home of Chanpions
You weren’t shown anything fr willie. Whoever told you they sent both views lied to you. As I mentioned before I think everyone knew Bene would win pretty easily. But please keep pumping your chest. I watched the game and if Bene plays as undisciplined and sloppy next week as they did last night the season will be over next week.

The outbreak at your school had the superintendent suspending all extracurriculars meaning YOUR team was expecting to forfeit.
Not my school at all... So if a school district has a Covid outbreak the opposing coaches are allowed to be scumbags? Is that a new rule? Is that what you’re saying?

Not my school at all... So if a school district has a Covid outbreak the opposing coaches are allowed to be scumbags? Is that a new rule? Is that what you’re saying?
Here is the new rule.... People that bitch about something that is none of there business is a SCUMBAG !!!!

Very nice wickey but I don't drink you ignorant fool. Maybe you can get on the coaching staff over there they can sure use your expertise. The coaching staff were very professional and a bunch of nice kids as well at South. Maybe you can complain about the next opponent ..... Next year.

Been a while since I posted here as I do not know what to think about this year, this thing has played out kind of like a bizzaro season. Not even knowing if there would be a season due to the Covid, the instability of the schedule, the craziness of the Massillon game, losing the starting QB, and then all the BS with trading game tap for an over matched playoff opponent; at this point nothing would shock me this year.

Which leads me to this Friday's game against Walsh Jesuit. This is not last year's Walsh Jesuit that was soft and going through the motions waiting for the year to end, in case no one has been paying attention this Warrior team is legit with a smart disciplined guy running the program in Nick Alexander. This dude has been involved in many big HS games as an OC at Mentor & JCU and he has the kids buying into a system, especially on offense. While they have not played a schedule as difficult as Benny's his offense is averaging over 40 points a game, in the era of the running clock that is highly impressive. And they are no slouches on defense either, while Hoban was basically playing a base offense Walsh still held a much better athletic team to 27 points. From what I am hearing their lines have decent size and are tough with their skills playing disciplined football and maintaining assignment integrity, basically everything Benny has not been this year. They are playing with confidence and are disciplined enough to use all of the playbook against Benny as I suspect Coach Alexander believes his offense can out game plan Benny and their superior athletic talent. This is going to be a huge test for Coach Goode and his staff to see where they are in their development.

A couple guys I talk to see this game playing out similar to what happened to St. Ed's last week against Medina, in this case it will not be a star QB that is the dominate factor but the Head Coach. Sometimes the team with the big brand name on the front of the jerseys thinks they can just show up and their superior talent will win the day, well St. Ed's found out the hard way that the is not always the case if there is a large match up disadvantage and many see the coaching one as an issue for Benny in this game. By the way, if Iggy goes outside of the building for Kyle's replacement Coach Alexander is a name to keep an eye on if he keeps Walsh on this type of trajectory.

I hope I am wrong but I have a bad feeling about this one...

Been a while since I posted here as I do not know what to think about this year, this thing has played out kind of like a bizzaro season. Not even knowing if there would be a season due to the Covid, the instability of the schedule, the craziness of the Massillon game, losing the starting QB, and then all the BS with trading game tap for an over matched playoff opponent; at this point nothing would shock me this year.

Which leads me to this Friday's game against Walsh Jesuit. This is not last year's Walsh Jesuit that was soft and going through the motions waiting for the year to end, in case no one has been paying attention this Warrior team is legit with a smart disciplined guy running the program in Nick Alexander. This dude has been involved in many big HS games as an OC at Mentor & JCU and he has the kids buying into a system, especially on offense. While they have not played a schedule as difficult as Benny's his offense is averaging over 40 points a game, in the era of the running clock that is highly impressive. And they are no slouches on defense either, while Hoban was basically playing a base offense Walsh still held a much better athletic team to 27 points. From what I am hearing their lines have decent size and are tough with their skills playing disciplined football and maintaining assignment integrity, basically everything Benny has not been this year. They are playing with confidence and are disciplined enough to use all of the playbook against Benny as I suspect Coach Alexander believes his offense can out game plan Benny and their superior athletic talent. This is going to be a huge test for Coach Goode and his staff to see where they are in their development.

A couple guys I talk to see this game playing out similar to what happened to St. Ed's last week against Medina, in this case it will not be a star QB that is the dominate factor but the Head Coach. Sometimes the team with the big brand name on the front of the jerseys thinks they can just show up and their superior talent will win the day, well St. Ed's found out the hard way that the is not always the case if there is a large match up disadvantage and many see the coaching one as an issue for Benny in this game. By the way, if Iggy goes outside of the building for Kyle's replacement Coach Alexander is a name to keep an eye on if he keeps Walsh on this type of trajectory.

I hope I am wrong but I have a bad feeling about this one...
I think you are spot on with every bit of your analysis. I watched Walsh play Hoban and I couldn’t believe it was the same team that I saw last year. They have come a long way and they are a force to be reckoned with this year.

Benedictine probably played one of the toughest schedules in NE Ohio this season. They may not have ended with the record they wanted but they definitely didn’t play any powder puff teams either. I think a lot of people have a renewed respect for Benedictine.
Best of luck this week. It’s going to be a nail-biter.

From The Rumor Mill: Thomas Richardson returning to Benedictine next season He would be the starting QB.

Also , confirmed,QB from St Rita’s is coming to Bene. Heard he’s good, from a reliable source. Also , bringing a few teammates with him .

Fr Willie , I assume no Schultz tomorrow . Any chance he can play the following week IF we beat Walsh ?

From The Rumor Mill: Thomas Richardson returning to Benedictine next season He would be the starting QB.

Fr Willie , I assume no Schultz tomorrow . Any chance he can play the following week IF we beat Walsh ?

I highly doubt that Thomas Richardson is returning to Benedictine. As a student transferring to a private HS he would only be able to play the 1st 5 games then sit out the balance of the season.

Unlike the NFL the OHSAA doesn't have an official injury report so I doubt anyone in the know would report injury status of a player a day before the game.

Also , confirmed,QB from St Rita’s is coming to Bene. Heard he’s good, from a reliable source. Also , bringing a few teammates with him .

Bring in whoever you want. Still gotta do it on the field. Bene better worry about this year not trying to restock.

I highly doubt that Thomas Richardson is returning to Benedictine. As a student transferring to a private HS he would only be able to play the 1st 5 games then sit out the balance of the season.

Unlike the NFL the OHSAA doesn't have an official injury report so I doubt anyone in the know would report injury status of a player a day before the game.
??‍♂️ I could care less about Richardson. Just telling you all what I heard .
The QB from St Rita’s is who I am interested in. Hearing he is the real deal .

Ok. Some right some wrong. Almost 0% chance Richardson returns . The 8th grade young man your talking about is something that we don't start rumors about. Ronnie status is like all of us Day to Day.

Ok. Some right some wrong. Almost 0% chance Richardson returns . The 8th grade young man your talking about is something that we don't start rumors about. Ronnie status is like all of us Day to Day.

Not a rumor anymore. I know who the guy is and it was confirmed. (St Rita’s QB) Thanks !

Walsh ball boy saved benedictine season.

Let that be a lesson to all ball boys . Keep your mouth shut ?
??

Apparently, nothing was said to the official who threw the flag after the Walsh touchdown that tied it.

My understanding from people who had a chance to view the moment indicated that the ball boy neither entered the field of play in his excitement (that was one explanation) or said anything to the official (another possibility). The prevailing conclusion is that the ball boy brushed the official going by on the very crowded area when the play ended. It happened right at the cone at the goal line and there were players flying everywhere, there was the person holding the down marker and the chain gang nearby, and, of course, the official. People who saw the replay said the ball boy squeezed by and barely made contact with the official. As soon as that contact was, out came the flag, and the official flung it high in the air.

Let's assume that it is exactly how it transpired. If so, then that official should NEVER officiate a playoff game again...or any game, for that matter, on the high school level. To insinuate yourself into the outcome of the game because a non-participant made non-aggressive contact with you off the field of play is unbelievably poor judgment. It likely cost Walsh the game. I would say this if it was Benedictine that was victimized in this manner.

I credit Benedictine for playing an incredible second half, making a clutch block on the 35-yard point after attempt, and performing better in overtime. But you can't blame Walsh Jesuit for thinking they should be playing Hoban this week.

There were TWO officials throwing a flag that play. Play by the rules and you'll be all right. Benedictine kept there ball boys 10 yards away from the field. BTW How do you know Benedictine wouldn't have blocked the XP anyway. Always don't have any pity for poor losers. You also could have matched touchdowns in OT however you didn't. Always don't have pity for poor losers

There were TWO officials throwing a flag that play. Play by the rules and you'll be all right. Benedictine kept there ball boys 10 yards away from the field. BTW How do you know Benedictine wouldn't have blocked the XP anyway. Always don't have any pity for poor losers. You also could have matched touchdowns in OT however you didn't. Always don't have pity for poor losers

Just wanted to make sure you knew that the only 4 who have commented on the ball boy are fans of 2 Benedictine, 1 Tallmadge, and 1 Nordonia.

Just wanted to make sure you knew that the only 4 who have commented on the ball boy are fans of 2 Benedictine, 1 Tallmadge, and 1 Nordonia.

Exactly. I know for certain that bedevil and brian1227 have absolutely no connection to Walsh.

At the end of the day, that's just a hell of an impactful call for something that appears so trivial.

Kudos to Walsh for resurrecting its program. Congrats to Benedictine on a big win. You guys gave Hoban a run for its money in September. Good luck this week.

I don't know they wouldn't have blocked it. But the chances are greatly reduced when the attempt is from 20 yards instead of 35. You mention rules. Fair enough. My point is, in a situation like that, such a rule is a matter of interpretation. How egregious was the contact? In my view, the adults in this scenario overreacted as much as the middle school kid.

As for poor losers, Sparky, I have no skin in the game concerning Walsh. But I can say this with certainty: I have seen way more high school football games that you have, and rarely, if ever, have I seen a call as trivial in nature, particularly at a point in the game where so much was at stake. I could care less who won that game, but I think any fair-minded follower of the sport would have liked to have seen the game decided without a such a call. So, spare me the "poor loser" garbage. The only homer in this conversation is you.