2020 Cleveland Browns

Really disappointed in the OL play today. They look very confused by the Steelers and Conklin has his cement shoes on against Watt. Oh well.

They are getting bullied. Just what I feared. The first round of the 2018 draft isn't looking too good today.

On top of it, Joe Haden looks pretty good for a guy who was washed up in 2017.

I reluctantly predicted 42-13 Steelers. It might be worse.

"This has the makings of a total blowout. Add the Garrett factor ( that everyone says will not matter, but it will), the fight for first, and Big Ben's record against Cleveland, coupled with a ferocious defense. Steelers- 42, Browns- 13. "

The Browns have a competent coach, so that’s a plus. However, they are still outmanned by Pittsburgh at nearly every position, and it’s becoming clear with every game...win or loss...Baker is never going to be a franchise QB.

My opinion: Browns just quit after the Baker pick-6. The Browns had been practicing most of the week without him. They knew he was hurting. And once he threw the pick-6, they knew he didn't have it in him to win the game.

Sunday will be a real barometer of what we have in this team. Even of they lose, if they play hard and put up a fight it's a good sign. If the little sisters that showed up against Baltimore show up in Pittsburgh I'll think that's more telling than the winning streak over the last month.

Wellllllllllll.....

Pound on the little sisters of the NFL and get beat 76-13 by the intra-division big boys. Nice.

Tampa Bay - Green Bay game is eerily similar to the Browns game. Rodgers throw a pick-6 and the Packers just went flat. Next possession Rodgers is intercepted and the Bucs drive for a TD. Suh is beating the crap out of Rodgers, just like Baker was manhandled today.

My opinion: Browns just quit after the Baker pick-6. The Browns had been practicing most of the week without him. They knew he was hurting. And once he threw the pick-6, they knew he didn't have it in him to win the game.
I don’t think the team quit. I don’t think the team believes in Baker, though. I just look at the players body language in some of these games and I don’t see the team rally around him or gravitate to him. It just looks like he’s part of the team, but not looked at as the leader...and the QB needs to be seen as a leader.

Tampa Bay - Green Bay game is eerily similar to the Browns game. Rodgers throw a pick-6 and the Packers just went flat. Next possession Rodgers is intercepted and the Bucs drive for a TD. Suh is beating the crap out of Rodgers, just like Baker was manhandled today.
The Packers believe in Rodgers, though. No question.

Baker not being the QB to take the team to the next level and the Browns getting pounded by the Steelers today are related but not necessarily the reason. The main reason for the loss is the Steelers being better on the lines and especially on D, close enough at the skills and far better at QB. They are just the better team.

Steelers defense has solid line to stop run, speed, aggressiveness and great schemes. Totally overpowered and out-coached us. Long way to go for the Browns, my 8-8 prediction looks about right.

Browns are on the right path.
First you need to beat all the teams you should, and they are doing that.
Then ya need to be competitive against those who are really good: This is their next step.
Then its starting to beat the top of the league a time or two.
Then it is competing each time you play the top of the league.

T

Browns are on the right path.
First you need to beat all the teams you should, and they are doing that.
Then ya need to be competitive against those who are really good: This is their next step.
Then its starting to beat the top of the league a time or two.
Then it is competing each time you play the top of the league.

T

The problem is that they're spreading out this process over 30 years.

This is the worst set of DB'S I've seen in a Browns unie for a long time,watched NFL Red Zone and saw so many former backs playing everywhere...can't cover or tackle...BAM!

This is the worst set of DB'S I've seen in a Browns unie for a long time,watched NFL Red Zone and saw so many former backs playing everywhere...can't cover or tackle...BAM!

Part of the problem is the Dorsey view on DB talent. He saw them as pure pass covering players as if the NFL was a 7 on 7 league. The problem is they need to wear pads so these smaller undersized guys are always hurt with shoulder or concussion issues.

By the way anyone else see the Greg Williams s-show going on in NYC? I have never seen a coordinator sabotage a team more than this guy.

The Browns should just destroy all film of yesterday's game, and move on.

The entire team and coaching staff didn't show up.

I don't think you'll learn anything from reviewing it, just move on to next week.

The Browns should just destroy all film of yesterday's game, and move on.

The entire team and coaching staff didn't show up.

I don't think you'll learn anything from reviewing it, just move on to next week.
You could learn from their defense and start adopting some of their concepts on the Browns D.

Looks like Njoku still wants out. Anybody in the league willing to move a passable LB or DB for a disgruntled, underperforming, gimpy tight end, pleas eapply.

ESPN proposed trade Njoku for Tarvarius Moore of SF.

The Browns desperately need help at safety, so much so that Cleveland fans have literally started a petition for the team to move on from Andrew Sendejo. The problem is that there aren't many safeties available on the trade market, and the Browns don't match up well with most of the teams who might have one available, including the Buccaneers with Mike Edwards.
Moore was a promising free safety prospect coming out of Southern Miss, but the 2018 third-rounder hasn't been able to crack the 49ers' lineup and has played only 7% of the defensive snaps in 2020. The Browns would be in line to give Moore a shot. In return, the 49ers would get Njoku, who is about to hit free agency and would step into the Jordan Reed role as San Francisco's second tight end. This is a relatively minor move, but both sides might benefit from looking at the other team's disappointing draftee.

ESPN proposed trade Njoku for Tarvarius Moore of SF.

The Browns desperately need help at safety, so much so that Cleveland fans have literally started a petition for the team to move on from Andrew Sendejo. The problem is that there aren't many safeties available on the trade market, and the Browns don't match up well with most of the teams who might have one available, including the Buccaneers with Mike Edwards.
Moore was a promising free safety prospect coming out of Southern Miss, but the 2018 third-rounder hasn't been able to crack the 49ers' lineup and has played only 7% of the defensive snaps in 2020. The Browns would be in line to give Moore a shot. In return, the 49ers would get Njoku, who is about to hit free agency and would step into the Jordan Reed role as San Francisco's second tight end. This is a relatively minor move, but both sides might benefit from looking at the other team's disappointing draftee.

Good stuff Tom. You would think Joe Woods would have some valuable insight as to whether he's worth anything. If he's serviceable and can crack the lineup, I am all for it.

Delpit's injury really hamstrung this team. Sendejo must have compromising photos of Stefanski and Woods. I suspect he's a great teammate and a coach on the field and all of the other clichés coaches use to justify playing fading veterans.

I know this was college related, but OBJ was really giving out $$$$ and now banned from LSU.

There was some speculation it was fake, but man...

Who in their right mind does this? In public. On the field. On TV. After a game?

Lordy Lord Lord, makes you think about what they are doing behind closed doors.

I know this was college related, but OBJ was really giving out $$$$ and now banned from LSU.

There was some speculation it was fake, but man...

Who in their right mind does this? In public. On the field. On TV. After a game?

Lordy Lord Lord, makes you think about what they are doing behind closed doors.
He is either perfectly normal at times, or just plain whacked out.

It's like he has a split personality.