Swbl

Status
Not open for further replies.
Strout just played in a huge invite only tournament in Kansas, with some of the top players from all grades in the country and performed well from what I heard. People thinking this kid is just another player are going to be shocked, as I look at the schedule, I’m not sure the Arrows won’t have the two best players on the floor in most games, most teams have one guy but not another. I can’t think of one other 6’4 point guard in either league this year with a long wingspan again I’m not saying he’s D1 because he’s only a freshman but he’s the best point guard in the league no doubt in my mind.
He's going to be a special player, there's no doubt about that. It's going to be a fun next 4 years at Preble Shawnee.

I was at the JV football game yesterday and the Strout kid came up in discussion. Someone said he is 16 and will be 17 in May. Is that true?

Not true he’s 15 and will be 16 in May. People think that because he played up two years in Dayton Metro basketball and was dominant, he did get held back in 6th grade and went to Twin Valley South for one year.

Not true he’s 15 and will be 16 in May. People think that because he played up two years in Dayton Metro basketball and was dominant, he did get held back in 6th grade and went to Twin Valley South for one year.
As a TVS guy, I got a little excited when he moved to TVS to re-do his 6th grade year. That was short lived as he continued to play Metro basketball for Preble Shawnee that year, lol....

I was at the JV football game yesterday and the Strout kid came up in discussion. Someone said he is 16 and will be 17 in May. Is that true?
Speaking of the JV game I was told that WOAC the conference Shawnee is moving to will have JV on Monday’s at 6. And I think it’s a great idea. Maybe more people will go to those games.

Speaking of the JV game I was told that WOAC the conference Shawnee is moving to will have JV on Monday’s at 6. And I think it’s a great idea. Maybe more people will go to those games.
I hadn't heard that yet, but I don't mind that idea. Maybe that will allow for each kid to allow more family members to attend?

Arrows football is over, time to talk round ball, I know we have scrimmages against Greenon, Bellbrook, and Brookville starts Nov 5th which seems close to me.

Arrows football is over, time to talk round ball, I know we have scrimmages against Greenon, Bellbrook, and Brookville starts Nov 5th which seems close to me.
That is 2 weeks from today, that is very close. I actually can't believe it's that close. Does Preble Shawnee have basketball stuff going on already? I'm not sure what's allowed with the fall sports getting shut down. It seems like they would need to start practicing soon. The crazy thing is that's not even a week after when the season was supposed to end. Regardless, I'm looking for to basketball season.

That is 2 weeks from today, that is very close. I actually can't believe it's that close. Does Preble Shawnee have basketball stuff going on already? I'm not sure what's allowed with the fall sports getting shut down. It seems like they would need to start practicing soon. The crazy thing is that's not even a week after when the season was supposed to end. Regardless, I'm looking for to basketball season.
Open gyms is all but not even that for two weeks with this Covid stuff I don’t think it’s to hard for coach to figure out his team this year maybe a 7/8 man rotation and that’s being nice. I’ve heard Singleton won’t play if football gets a game that last week and don’t really blame him.

My bad on the date of the scrimmage it’s actually November 10th

MU has a certain Soph back this year.
It’s going to be interesting, I know you talk up Milton and they do have a pretty good football program but the basketball program I just haven’t seen enough out of them. I know they had a couple tournament wins last year but believe they moved up to D2 in basketball this year which is a complete different animal, they finished tied for 4th last year and had a decent senior class, not saying they won’t be good just going to have to prove they can beat better teams in the league. Not putting anyone down but Shawnee’s starting 5 doesn’t have anyone under 6’1 , a 6’4 point guard and a 6’3 wing that could be the player of the year. I’m not sure the sophomore is tall enough to guard Shawnee’s Freshman, this isn’t just someone blowing smoke about him he’s a top 5 player in this league not just the Buckeye, add that with another top five player for Shawnee and things should get fun. Might sound like a homer but just my opinion. The sophomore from Milton can play just don’t think he has the same help he had last year.

I'm not saying he isn't a top 5 player, but you are saying he is a top 5 player in the league on both sides. So, who are your top 5 players in the league as a whole?

let’s think about this top players in the Buckeye will go in no order
1. Singleton/Shawnee
2. Burney/Carlisle
3. Todd/Waynesville
4. Shrout/Shawnee
5. Evans/Northridge
Southwest I’ll be honest I don’t follow that closely but here’s how I would go
1. Maxwell/Oakwood
2. Eller/Brookville
3. Rich/Franklin
4. Pavlak/Bellbrook
5. Lattimore/Franklin
So my top 5 in the league would look like no order

1. Singleton/Shawnee
2. Burney/Carlisle
3. Eller/Brookville
4. Rich/Franklin
5. Shrout/ Shawnee
Again just my opinion love to hear others opinions.

It’s going to be interesting, I know you talk up Milton and they do have a pretty good football program but the basketball program I just haven’t seen enough out of them. I know they had a couple tournament wins last year but believe they moved up to D2 in basketball this year which is a complete different animal, they finished tied for 4th last year and had a decent senior class, not saying they won’t be good just going to have to prove they can beat better teams in the league. Not putting anyone down but Shawnee’s starting 5 doesn’t have anyone under 6’1 , a 6’4 point guard and a 6’3 wing that could be the player of the year. I’m not sure the sophomore is tall enough to guard Shawnee’s Freshman, this isn’t just someone blowing smoke about him he’s a top 5 player in this league not just the Buckeye, add that with another top five player for Shawnee and things should get fun. Might sound like a homer but just my opinion. The sophomore from Milton can play just don’t think he has the same help he had last year.
16-9 last year and they return the nucleus of last year's team. I'm not "talking them up" I'm being optimistic about the state of the program. Brumbaugh not being in your top 5 players is totally fine. That and anyone's opinion of him or any player on here is of little to no relevance. I appreciate your opinions and I know Shawnee is a decent program as well.
Let's just hope they have a season...

16-9 last year and they return the nucleus of last year's team. I'm not "talking them up" I'm being optimistic about the state of the program. Brumbaugh not being in your top 5 players is totally fine. That and anyone's opinion of him or any player on here is of little to no relevance. I appreciate your opinions and I know Shawnee is a decent program as well.
Let's just hope they have a season...
I feel like there will be a lot of talent on the Buckeye side this year, which is something we've discussed. Brumbaugh was a 1st team all league selection last year as a Freshman. I would only expect him to be even better this year. If I was doing my top 5, I would put him in it. There are 4 players that return as a 1st team selection last year... Singleton, Burney, Brumbaugh and Todd. Those 4 plus Shrout would be my top 5 to watch for in that division for now. I don't know enough about Evans from Northridge, but they always have someone step up and he could be the guy. A few other guys I wouldn't put in the top 5, but could have good years. The Newsome kid at Carlisle.. he sat out the 2nd half of the season last year as a transfer. Jordan Butt at Dixie, as he's been the leading scorer for Dixie his Freshman and Sophomore year, now he is a Junior.

1. Singleton/Shawnee
2. Burney/Carlisle
3. Todd/Waynesville
4. Shrout/Shawnee
5. Evans/Northridge
1. Maxwell/Oakwood
2. Eller/Brookville
3. Rich/Franklin
4. Pavlak/Bellbrook
5. Lattimore/Franklin

1. Singleton/Shawnee
2. Burney/Carlisle
3. Eller/Brookville
4. Rich/Franklin
5. Shrout/ Shawnee
I think in the sw division Travis Pittman returns for Eaton,avg. near 13 a game last year and Nate Paarlberg a 6'8" forward at Franklin. Only played the last 9 games after sitting out due to injury.Avg.7.2 game. The Cats also have Middletown transfer Jayden Bennett who sat out 2nd half of the season last year due to transfer rules. Add 3 point shooters Bales,Crase, and they could be tough to defend.

1. Singleton/Shawnee
2. Burney/Carlisle
3. Todd/Waynesville
4. Shrout/Shawnee
5. Evans/Northridge
1. Maxwell/Oakwood
2. Eller/Brookville
3. Rich/Franklin
4. Pavlak/Bellbrook
5. Lattimore/Franklin

1. Singleton/Shawnee
2. Burney/Carlisle
3. Eller/Brookville
4. Rich/Franklin
5. Shrout/ Shawnee

Honestly, I wouldn't be able to make a top 5 list for the league, but these are all good players. Other kids that will have an impact that I know of are:

Pitman/Eaton
Will DeBord/Monroe
Collin Deaton/Monrore
TJ Ferguson/Valley View
Troy Coulter/Valley View

Kind of on the same discussion of new varsity/up and coming varsity player, who are the kids to look for from your particular school that may step up this season?

Two kids from Oakwood that I think will step up and have bigger rolls are: Gavin Pryor, 6'4" forward, and Jason Hu 6' guard.

I hope we get to see these boys play!

Honestly, I wouldn't be able to make a top 5 list for the league, but these are all good players. Other kids that will have an impact that I know of are:

Pitman/Eaton
Will DeBord/Monroe
Collin Deaton/Monrore
TJ Ferguson/Valley View
Troy Coulter/Valley View

Kind of on the same discussion of new varsity/up and coming varsity player, who are the kids to look for from your particular school that may step up this season?

Two kids from Oakwood that I think will step up and have bigger rolls are: Gavin Pryor, 6'4" forward, and Jason Hu 6' guard.

I hope we get to see these boys play!
Heard from a good source yesterday that Basketball will be played with minimal fans,(parents) and the gym will be cleared after the JV game and then allow Varsity parents in. I have heard 2 tickets per player and also heard 4 per player. Maybe the size of the gym or arenas. Saw that Flying to the hoop allowing only 300 at Trent

Heard from a good source yesterday that Basketball will be played with minimal fans,(parents) and the gym will be cleared after the JV game and then allow Varsity parents in. I have heard 2 tickets per player and also heard 4 per player. Maybe the size of the gym or arenas. Saw that Flying to the hoop allowing only 300 at Trent
Yeah sounds like what I heard also, no bands at home games which takes away from it to, so sounds like we all will be in the same boat as football but at least games will be played, also think it should be easier for schools to stream games.

What I understand is that Montgomery County is limiting every basketball venue to 300 or less as of now depending on the gym. Even UD arena is only 300 fans as of today. This is the baseline and things could change. This will be a very fluid situation and we all will just have to deal with it. I just hope the kids can play basketball and other winter sports. I want to watch but that is secondary.

What I understand is that Montgomery County is limiting every basketball venue to 300 or less as of now depending on the gym. Even UD arena is only 300 fans as of today. This is the baseline and things could change. This will be a very fluid situation and we all will just have to deal with it. I just hope the kids can play basketball and other winter sports. I want to watch but that is secondary.
Words of wisdom.

I just saw on Twitter, that Junior 6'0 Guard Keon Wright will be moving to Oakwood for this season. He averaged 9.8 points, 4 rebounds a game for Fairmont last year as a Sophomore. He was set to be Fairmonts top returning scorer for this season. That has to give Oakwood a major bump heading into this season.

I just saw on Twitter, that Junior 6'0 Guard Keon Wright will be moving to Oakwood for this season. He averaged 9.8 points, 4 rebounds a game for Fairmont last year as a Sophomore. He was set to be Fairmonts top returning scorer for this season. That has to give Oakwood a major bump heading into this season.
He’s a great athlete. If he averaged almost 10 a game in GWOC he’ll get 20+ in SWBL. Oakwood now has the top 2 players in the league.

Good news for Oakwood, but really won’t make a difference until next year considering he has to sit out half the year.
I'm not sure the exact details, but it sounds like he moved and this is not a transfer... so he won't have to sit out any amount of time.

Status
Not open for further replies.