Covid and soccer

I enjoy wrestling

Does anyone know of players that have tested positive? Football had a few issues, but soccer might be different. More open space with soccer.

At least one girls team in central Ohio was quarantined during the season for a while. I know of a couple others who had quarantines over the summer.

I had heard of a few but nothing major.

Can someone explain to me the logic of letting kids play against each other but not letting them shake hands after the game? In any contact sport?

One girls team in the Dayton area was affected and cancelled their last 2 regular season games and their tournament game. I am a referee, and their match last week was the first one I have had cancelled all season for COVID. I am pleasantly surprised we have made it through a season with little disruption.

Can someone explain to me the logic of letting kids play against each other but not letting them shake hands after the game? In any contact sport?

The really funny one is wrestling. They are not allowed to shake hands before and the ref isn't allowed to hold up the winner's arm.

Our team had a couple players quarantined towards the end of the season, but due to contact tracing (a couple volleyball players tested positive and they were in classes with those girls). We managed to go all 16 games without any cancellations, amazingly. I have heard of a couple games cancelled for other teams during the season, but I think most of those were out of caution, again due to contact tracing, not positive tests.

I'll make this my last post. I'm very happy for the soccer players. I'm happy for all of the high school athletes. I think these stats are important for all high school sports.
CDC COVID-19 Survival Rates
  • Age 0-19 — 99.997%
  • Age 20-49 — 99.98%
  • Age 50-69 — 99.5%
  • Age 70+ — 94.6%

Here's an important stat. Everyone (that's 100%) in the 50-69 Age (1 out of 200 don't survive) and the 70+ range (1 out of 20 don't survive) catch the virus from some one else. That someone else can be their grand child.

Here's an important stat. Everyone (that's 100%) in the 50-69 Age (1 out of 200 don't survive) and the 70+ range (1 out of 20 don't survive) catch the virus from some one else. That someone else can be their grand child.
Grandma and grandpa need to be careful.

Must act like they are following the Dictator Orders. Dictator threatened in person School yesterday if numbers don’t go down.

There have been some teams shut down at various points of the season in Northeast Ohio. However, back in late July/early August, I thought there was going to be more disruption if there was a season, and that we wouldn't make it to the post-season with virtually all those teams that started out participating in a participating state.

Which makes it a very good thing that those grandparents have a choice to stay home and distance from their grandchildren. And for those grandparents that live with their relatives, its a good thing their children and grandchildren can also make the choice to stay home. And its an equally good thing that everyone else has the choice to continue living amidst the presence of covid-19. Because you know what is also 100%? The certainty that Covid-19 will never be erradicated. An infectious disease to humans can only be erradicated if its spread is contained to humans. Covid-19 (actually all coronaviruses) transmitted to us from an animal (in this case bats). So regardless of age, 100% of the population will need to accept a risk of catching this virus for the rest of their lives (just like they accept risk in every other aspect of their lives) because it is 100% certain the risk of catching covid-19 will never be 0%.

But you know what's not 100%? Vaccine efficacy. Even with a vaccine, "everyone in the 50-69 age and the 70+ range catch the virus from someone else. That someone else could still be their vaccinated grand child".