When Biden wins...

zeeman

How will he unite the country? I mean I’m sure he is going to say that, but how will he do that if and when they start implementing their agenda? Are we beyond uniting? Is this our future?

I've heard him say he will unite the country and we need to come together about 1,000 times now.

What I haven't heard are the details.

Have heard about big beautiful health care (. Trump care). For 4 years . Details ? It’s coming in Two weeks he had said about niiiiiiiiiknnnnneee tiiiiiiiiimes

How will he unite the country? I mean I’m sure he is going to say that, but how will he do that if and when they start implementing their agenda? Are we beyond uniting? Is this our future?
Fair question. I'm not sure you can unite people who have no interest in being united.

What I find sad that if Biden wins, the corruption will get buried again. Love him or hate him Trump was exposing the corruption in DC. I'm not sure there is any personality strong enough to try and do what Trump has done over the past four years. Washington DC is one big cess pool filled with corruption. We The People are to blame because we don't pay attention to what they are doing and keep electing the same criminals year after year.

So we are doomed? Pretty much my belief too.
Honestly. It's going to take some major change or significant events to change the current dynamic. The majorities in certain parts of the country are completely different in their worldview from other parts of the country. We're almost at the "irreconcilable differences" stage. The two-party system, winner-take-all format of the EC for most states, and the media ("mainstream," social and "alternative") further exacerbates the dynamic.

If Trump loses my hope is that the Republican party will do a reset and swing back to the moderate right that they should be. I think the left is too far gone. All they have is the far left and the really far left.

The title of this thread is when Biden wins. So here is my prediction. when Biden wins the stock market will go down the next day and not go up 257 points like it did when Trump won. Here hoping the part '"When Biden wins" does not come true.

Dont understand the amusement? Look, Trump is a buffoon and very likely not a very good person who IMO has probably done a lot of immoral things in his life. That being said, he has shined a lot of light on the establishment, the media and the machinations that is DC. It is one of the main reasons I voted for him in 2016 as I couldn’t stand him as a person but I knew he would shake things up and boy has he ? Biden is a return to the same ole same ole

Dont understand the amusement? Look, Trump is a buffoon and very likely not a very good person who IMO has probably done a lot of immoral things in his life. That being said, he has shined a lot of light on the establishment, the media and the machinations that is DC. It is one of the main reasons I voted for him in 2016 as I couldn’t stand him as a person but I knew he would shake things up and boy has he ? Biden is a return to the same ole same ole

I just don't think Trump is the appropriate response to wanting to expose/eliminate corruption. At best, your swapping out one set of grifters for another. If you consider that "change," so be it.

If Trump loses my hope is that the Republican party will do a reset and swing back to the moderate right that they should be. I think the left is too far gone. All they have is the far left and the really far left.

I hate to tell you with Trump as President they a moderate right they sure are not conservative. If they were you would have not had all this let's go father in debt spending and more on how to balance the out of control spending and budget.

I just don't think Trump is the appropriate response to wanting to expose/eliminate corruption. At best, your swapping out one set of grifters for another. If you consider that "change," so be it.
What would be the “appropriate response”? This country needs to be grabbed by the neck and shaken hard. Trump is in no way similar to the pervious leaders we have had who lull you to sleep with words and bash in our heads with actions ( I’m talking to you Bush and Obama)

I don't believe Trump is a true Republican. There is absolutely no room for compromise in his administration. It is either his way or the highway. What happen to having only the best and brightest on his staff? He will not listen to any view point that he doesn't agree with.

What would be the “appropriate response”? This country needs to be grabbed by the neck and shaken hard. Trump is in no way similar to the pervious leaders we have had who lull you to sleep with words and bash in our heads with actions ( I’m talking to you Bush and Obama)
Trump is just a blowhard version of the same moneyed elites that he likes to bash when it's convenient to him. He just uses his confrontational, immature, nationalist/populist style of communication to distract you from the fact he does the exact same things.

Parties ebb and flow more than you think. Look at how many moderate Republicans are voting for Biden this time around. We always have a way of correcting ourselves even if it can be painful in the interim. If Joe pulls too far left the Pubs will certainly have a reset and dominate the next cycle.

Once Trump loses he will become an even bigger embarrassment out of office. The GOP will truly wise up at that point and distance themselves altogether. Trump will revert back to what he was before politics...a side show.

And you think there was compromise under Obama? Just the Senate's action on Supreme Court confirmations now and in the recent passed show compromise has gone out of the window. Obama filled his administration with a group of yes men and that show he listen to them? He said yes and they nodded and bowed and repeated yes.

Reactions: y2h

Insanity is doing the same thing twice and expecting different results. Obama's presidency was fractious, his now addled VP is not going to be any different while in office and once he's 25th, Harris will make Trump look like Reagan, Lincoln, and Washington reincarnated.

We won't be united again until a common foe is found, I'm afraid America will need to suffer before that happens.

i going to bring up my stock market question again will it go up or down the next day if Biden wins?

And you think there was compromise under Obama? Just the Senate's action on Supreme Court confirmations now and in the recent passed show compromise has gone out of the window. Obama filled his administration with a group of yes men and that show he listen to them? He said yes and they nodded and bowed and repeated yes.
I don't know who you are talking too. I don't see anybody defending Obama. The point you are making is that Trump is just more of the same. Ok I agree with you.

Parties ebb and flow more than you think. Look at how many moderate Republicans are voting for Biden this time around. We always have a way of correcting ourselves even if it can be painful in the interim. If Joe pulls too far left the Pubs will certainly have a reset and dominate the next cycle.

Once Trump loses he will become an even bigger embarrassment out of office. The GOP will truly wise up at that point and distance themselves altogether. Trump will revert back to what he was before politics...a side show.

See Post #7 from MoeDude. Yep, Republicans who also love the swamp and the corruption in it that makes them and their families rich are against Trump. Biden is turning out to be one of the most corrupt career politicians in American history. It is just no one ever paid much attention to him because he comes off as a doofus. We are not correcting ourselves. This nation is in for some rough times very, very soon. Only the observant and those that are historically literate see it.

Obama's presidency was fractious
This argument presupposes Obama was the direct cause of this. I don't believe that's the case. As somebody who was actually working on Capitol Hill pre-Obama and for a short time during the Obama Administration, there was a distinct shift in the GOP offices willingness to work on anything that a Democrat or the administration might also be supportive of.

This argument presupposes Obama was the direct cause of this. I don't believe that's the case. As somebody who was actually working on Capitol Hill pre-Obama and for a short time during the Obama Administration, there was a distinct shift in the GOP offices willingness to work on anything that a Democrat or the administration might also be supportive of.

BLAH BLAH BLAH

Explain the Biden Emails !!!!! Dems are a Crooked Party

I don't believe Trump is a true Republican. There is absolutely no room for compromise in his administration. It is either his way or the highway. What happen to having only the best and brightest on his staff? He will not listen to any view point that he doesn't agree with.
i dont see how anyone can have this viewpoint. trump will negotiate with anyone. just look at what he has done with this latest covid relief package.

Honestly. It's going to take some major change or significant events to change the current dynamic. The majorities in certain parts of the country are completely different in their worldview from other parts of the country. We're almost at the "irreconcilable differences" stage. The two-party system, winner-take-all format of the EC for most states, and the media ("mainstream," social and "alternative") further exacerbates the dynamic.

You know how we fix it...
Take power from the Federal government..
Winner take all was never what our founders wanted. The Federal government has far too much power.
We should not be losing our minds over who is president, because it should not be that big of a day to day impact on our lives.

Why does this Matter to you ?

Are you on ObamaCare ? or are you part of the 180,000,000 that are Voting to have the Democrats take away your Work Provided Healthcare
Work provided healthcare has been a terrible idea we've been stuck with for decades now.