DVII Region 25 Final: Lucas @ Warren JFK

Was able to watch the South Central Malvern game on live stream and boy oh boy.. Officials were rough in that one all the way around. SC looked like the better team. But tourney time is all about survive and advance

Norwalk St Paul looked good against Southern Local. Should be a great game. Well coached, hard nosed young men. Norwalks DLine and OLine Fire off the ball. Defensively they all run to the football and LBs come down hill in a hurry. Warren JFK has a great test come Friday night. Physicality wins.

I wasn’t totally surprised by the St Paul result. St Paul got seeded too low and southern had an inflated record from a really down EOAC (last years Columbiana or Southern beat every EOAC team this year by 40+)

I wasn’t totally surprised by the St Paul result. St Paul got seeded too low and southern had an inflated record from a really down EOAC (last years Columbiana or Southern beat every EOAC team this year by 40+)

St. Paul also had their starting QB back...they were basically using a third string QB in the last two games they played. The kid looked sharp and the play calling had Southern on their heels. The TD pass right before half was run out of a tight formation with no wide outs. The D bit on the run and got burned. I don't know anything about JFK this year, but if tradition and history hold, the NSP and JFK game should be a good one.

St. Paul also had their starting QB back...they were basically using a third string QB in the last two games they played. The kid looked sharp and the play calling had Southern on their heels. The TD pass right before half was run out of a tight formation with no wide outs. The D bit on the run and got burned. I don't know anything about JFK this year, but if tradition and history hold, the NSP and JFK game should be a good one.
This should be a good one. St Paul plays hard and is pretty physical. Kennedy will be fairly familiar with their style of offense having already played Garfield this season. This game will be a hige departure from last weeks game against Lowellville who passed basically on every down. I think St Paul will put up a good fight but JFK will wear them down and the Eagles superior athleticism on offense will end up taking over. Kennedy will win by 2-3 tds.

Was able to watch the South Central Malvern game on live stream and boy oh boy.. Officials were rough in that one all the way around. SC looked like the better team. But tourney time is all about survive and advance
I was at the game Malvern's QB makes them a good team he scored 5 TD's rushed for over 200 I wouldn't say central's better but they were the best team Malvern's played this year but remember their St,Paul's score was 14-6

I was at the game Malvern's QB makes them a good team he scored 5 TD's rushed for over 200 I wouldn't say central's better but they were the best team Malvern's played this year but remember their St,Paul's score was 14-6
I do think Malvern played there worst game all year. Fumbled snaps, personal fouls, and much more. I think it was a combination of the bye week, over looking Central and Central coming in with nothing to lose attitude. Malvern very lucky to advance. Was told the St Paul vs S Central game was played in a rainstorm. Central was more physical than Malvern. They better clean it up or Dalton will throttle them.

Malvern-Dalton should be interesting. I think Dalton will prove to be too much but Malvern does have some weapons.

McDonald should handle Leetonia.

Independence-Lucas is hard to figure. The Blue Devils could cause a lot of problems with their ability to throw or they could completely fold under against the physical run game of the cubs. Both beat CH with identical 35-0 scores, so it will be curious to see how this goes.

I don’t see JFK beating St Paul by more then 10 points. We shall see. I think NSP is good in what they do. I think their Defense is aggressive and plays down hill. Their Olineman are in track stances and fly off the ball. Backside lineman cut. Poses a challenge for sure. NSP game in 2016 was the snow bowl and JFK scored 21 points from Defensive TDs and 7 points on Special teams. I see this one being very close and a physical heavyweight fight. NSP wants retribution for that one. I do feel NSP was better in 2016 then this current team but the JFK Defense of 2016 will never be duplicated. JFK better come to play for sure. It will take 4 quarters in this one.

I don’t see JFK beating St Paul by more then 10 points. We shall see. I think NSP is good in what they do. I think their Defense is aggressive and plays down hill. Their Olineman are in track stances and fly off the ball. Backside lineman cut. Poses a challenge for sure. NSP game in 2016 was the snow bowl and JFK scored 21 points from Defensive TDs and 7 points on Special teams. I see this one being very close and a physical heavyweight fight. NSP wants retribution for that one. I do feel NSP was better in 2016 then this current team but the JFK Defense of 2016 will never be duplicated. JFK better come to play for sure. It will take 4 quarters in this one.

The "snow bowl" has some nice highlights http://www.hudl.com/video/3/2689986/5835c610c124d701a42959e5

We just put that new sod down this year. I agree with you it really looked amazing. Bob Wine field, up on that hill, when the leaves are changing color, is one of the best settings for a football game on earth. The view can be breathtaking.

It would be nice if Lucas and Aquinas could schedule a home and home the next two seasons. I would love to catch a game at Bob Wine.

I think all 4 matchups are intriguing this week

St Paul at JFK- Flyers flatly got seeded too low and so they and JFK got a bad draw playing each other. Livengood at SP is a phenomenal coach and will have them ready but I think JFK in the end has just too many horses, Eagles by 14.

Malvern at Dalton- Know very little about the specifics of each team and just going off scores. I’d say Dalton by 10.

Independence at Lucas- As noted already both beat CH by the same score. Cubs have the wealth of playoff experience from the past few years and I think that carries them by 14.

McDonald at Leetonia- Can McDonald put it together and clean up the uncharacteristic mistakes (penalties and easy missed tackles)? If they finally do I think Leetonia is worse than JM and McDonald can win easily. If McDonald plays unevenly like they have all year to this point, this will be a 7-14 point game.

I think all 4 matchups are intriguing this week

St Paul at JFK- Flyers flatly got seeded too low and so they and JFK got a bad draw playing each other. Livengood at SP is a phenomenal coach and will have them ready but I think JFK in the end has just too many horses, Eagles by 14.

Malvern at Dalton- Know very little about the specifics of each team and just going off scores. I’d say Dalton by 10.

Independence at Lucas- As noted already both beat CH by the same score. Cubs have the wealth of playoff experience from the past few years and I think that carries them by 14.

McDonald at Leetonia- Can McDonald put it together and clean up the uncharacteristic mistakes (penalties and easy missed tackles)? If they finally do I think Leetonia is worse than JM and McDonald can win easily. If McDonald plays unevenly like they have all year to this point, this will be a 7-14 point game.
If McDonald's issues are missed tackles then Ferry will make you pay. Leetonia got some big boys on the line. I picked the Blue Devils in this, however Hulea will stick to the game plan which is 95% run,run,run. Ferry is better than Lengyl

It would be nice if Lucas and Aquinas could schedule a home and home the next two seasons. I would love to catch a game at Bob Wine.
That would be awesome. I'd love to see it. Bob Wine is gorgeous in the fall. Here is a shot of a Lucas alumni game vs Clear Fork from around August, 2011. The backdrop is even better in September - October.
72.jpg

"All we want to do is avoid the Lucas Cubs."

He got his wish. Losing Friday he now avoids the Cubs.
Here's his quote in the local paper the following day.
Despite a chance to schedule up to four more regular-season games, Stecher said "no mas."
"We are done. I think it is nuts for teams to even play or consider playing when you have a small-division school and you have kids looking at basketball and kids looking at wrestling," Stecher said. "To play extra games that are meaningless ... why risk getting kids hurt? It is the craziest thing I have ever heard. It's dumb."

And then 2 days later they have a game scheduled for 10/30 against Ashland Crestview.

Despite a chance to schedule up to four more regular-season games, Stecher said "no mas."
"We are done. I think it is nuts for teams to even play or consider playing when you have a small-division school and you have kids looking at basketball and kids looking at wrestling," Stecher said. "To play extra games that are meaningless ... why risk getting kids hurt? It is the craziest thing I have ever heard. It's dumb."

And then 2 days later they have a game scheduled for 10/30 against Ashland Crestview.
All I can say is, wow. This guy never ceases to amaze.

St Paul at JFK - With NSP having their starting QB back, I can see this one being very close. I'll take JFK, 27-24.

Malvern at Dalton - Malvern's schedule is complete bunk. Dalton in a route here, 35-6.

Independence at Lucas - After running for 350+ yards last week, Lucas keeps it rolling at home, 28-7.

McDonald at Leetonia - McDonald, stumbling a bit at the moment, wins again, in a nail-bitter, 35-34.

St Paul at JFK - After Lowellville put up points against JFK I cant see St Paul not doing so. Well coached NSP in an upset 42-34

Malvern at Dalton - Agreed with Malverns schedule. Dalton 27-0

Independence at Lucas - This is the game Lucas can win me over, only if they win with authority. Lucas 28-13

McDonald at Leetonia - Tackling issues sure up, I believe coach Williams gets the Devils rolling.... Finally. 34-13

Was hearing Monroeville refusing to play Crestview??

St Paul at JFK - After Lowellville put up points against JFK I cant see St Paul not doing so. Well coached NSP in an upset 42-34

Malvern at Dalton - Agreed with Malverns schedule. Dalton 27-0

Independence at Lucas - This is the game Lucas can win me over, only if they win with authority. Lucas 28-13

McDonald at Leetonia - Tackling issues sure up, I believe coach Williams gets the Devils rolling.... Finally. 34-13
Lowellville putting points has no bearing on this game. Completely different style of offense. Better comparison is Garfield. NSP is much smaller and not as dynamic in the backfield as the Gmen though. The Flyers starting center is 5'7" 145 lbs and their biggest player that gets significant time is 6'1" 235. They will play very hard and are very well coached but are going to try to fight the Eagles in a phone booth and just don't have the horses for it.

Lowellville putting points has no bearing on this game. Completely different style of offense. Better comparison is Garfield. NSP is much smaller and not as dynamic in the backfield as the Gmen though. The Flyers starting center is 5'7" 145 lbs and their biggest player that gets significant time is 6'1" 235. They will play very hard and are very well coached but are going to try to fight the Eagles in a phone booth and just don't have the horses for it.
This one should be a dandy. I'd like to watch it after the Lucas game. Will it be on YouTube?

If McDonald's issues are missed tackles then Ferry will make you pay. Leetonia got some big boys on the line. I picked the Blue Devils in this, however Hulea will stick to the game plan which is 95% run,run,run. Ferry is better than Lengyl

It actually wasn’t Lengyl that was causing the damage, McDonald did well against him. It was the QB (he broke out of 3-4 sacks in key situations to make big plays) primarily they had issues with. While I agree Ferry is better than Lengyl, from what I’ve seen at the other positions I think Milton is/was better