Division VII Poll Voting Discussion (Week 8)

1. Marion Local - Still haven't been beat but they just played a team that their JV team could beat

2. Lima Central Catholic - Hoping all these bye weeks don't make them rusty

3. New Bremen - Cardinals doing what the cardinals do. St Henry this week.

4. Tri-Village - Should outscore Riverside. Marion Local stands in their way after that.

5. Fort Loramie - Bounced back nicely.

6. Trimble - I can see them getting upset by someone like Berne Union

7. Warren JFK - Good game with St Paul this week. Still see the Eagles winniing.

8. Arlington - Dropped 75 on a bad Edon team

9. St Henry - Beat a JV team.

10. Lucas - I'd think they should beat Independence this week.

1) Marion Local - Untill they lose.
2) LCC - Will eventually beat ML.
3) New Bremen - MAC v MAC this week.
4) St. Henry - See above.
5) Lucas - Their defense is legit.
6) Arlington - High octane.
7) Tri-Village - Their defense is a liability.
8) Fort Loramie - I still believe. One bad game.
9) JFK - 33 points given up = bad look.
10) East Knox - Held serve in R27.

1) Marion Local - Untill they lose.
2) LCC - Will eventually beat ML.
3) New Bremen - MAC v MAC this week.
4) St. Henry - See above.
5) Lucas - Their defense is legit.
6) Arlington - High octane.
7) Tri-Village - Their defense is a liability.
8) Fort Loramie - I still believe. One bad game.
9) JFK - 33 points given up = bad look.
10) East Knox - Held serve in R27.
Good thing games aren't decided on "looks" or dnis' perception. We'd be in some serious trouble then.

Just saying brother. Last time the Cubs played Lowellville, 70-0 at their place.

That was 5 years ago and at the time Lowellville was one of probably the 10 worst teams in the state. While Lowellville still isn’t a good team, they are much better than at that time and do have some decent skill players and QB

That was 5 years ago and at the time Lowellville was one of probably the 10 worst teams in the state. While Lowellville still isn’t a good team, they are much better than at that time and do have some decent skill players and QB
No sense in explaining anything to him. He's a putz who doesn't understand how football works. Lucas are football gods who play the worlds toughest schedule and can beat everyone, unless they don't use his kid right or they get beat by a passing team. Then the coaches suck and there's kids playing that "don't deserve to be on the field".

Good thing games aren't decided on "looks" or dnis' perception. We'd be in some serious trouble then.

...yep, its all about context- when ya put 60 plus points on a team, younger kids and non-starters are being rotated in, underclassmen, JV's ,etc. To make an assumption simply upon that is moronic. (To note, JFK's championship run a few years ago, Aquinas put 27 on 'em in week 10. Was that a "bad look""? They had the DVII trophy in hand 5 games later.)

Lowellville, this season:
A mediocre Mineral Ridge beat them 48-8.
Valley Christian only gave up 30 vs them.

I love it when guys go straight to insults, then bring people's kids into the conversation. It shows a clear lack of integrity.

Pile on, all of ya. Couldn't care less. The scores speak for themselves.

...yep, its all about context- when ya put 60 plus points on a team, younger kids and non-starters are being rotated in, underclassmen, JV's ,etc. To make an assumption simply upon that is moronic. (To note, JFK's championship run a few years ago, Aquinas put 27 on 'em in week 10. Was that a "bad look""? They had the DVII trophy in hand 5 games later.)
Like was stated above, that was 4 seasons ago. This JFK squad clearly doesn't have the defense that team did.

No sense in explaining anything to him. He's a putz who doesn't understand how football works. Lucas are football gods who play the worlds toughest schedule and can beat everyone, unless they don't use his kid right or they get beat by a passing team. Then the coaches suck and there's kids playing that "don't deserve to be on the field".
A little sensitive?
Hahahahaha. Good Lord.
Hahahahaha.
Good luck this week. Make sure you get on here and vote JFK #1 in the poll.
???

1. Marion Local - Still haven't been beat but they just played a team that their JV team could beat

2. Lima Central Catholic - Hoping all these bye weeks don't make them rusty

3. New Bremen - Cardinals doing what the cardinals do. St Henry this week.

4. Tri-Village - Should outscore Riverside. Marion Local stands in their way after that.

5. Fort Loramie - Bounced back nicely.

6. Trimble - I can see them getting upset by someone like Berne Union

7. Warren JFK - Good game with St Paul this week. Still see the Eagles winniing.

8. Arlington - Dropped 75 on a bad Edon team

9. St Henry - Beat a JV team.

10. Lucas - I'd think they should beat Independence this week.
saw that the Flyers put the Otte boy in at QB, sounded like it was a different dimension for the Flyers OFF

Lowellville, this season:
A mediocre Mineral Ridge beat them 48-8.
Valley Christian only gave up 30 vs them.

I love it when guys go straight to insults, then bring people's kids into the conversation. It shows a clear lack of integrity.

Pile on, all of ya. Couldn't care less. The scores speak for themselves.

According to the box score:

JFK had 31 offensive plays - scored 9 TD's or every 3.4 offensive plays. So that's at least 10 possessions for Lowellville.

If I told you pregame that JFK would only have 31 offensive plays....you would have bet a paycheck that they would lose.

Last edited:

JFK had 31 offensive plays - scored 9 TD's or every 3.4 offensive plays. So that's at least 10 possessions for Lowellville.

If I told you pregame that JFK would only have 31 offensive plays....you would have bet a paycheck that they would lose.
And we fumbled on the 5 yard line in the red zone in the 1st quarter

You guys ready for a good laugh? Well here's the AP Poll for this week:

Division VII
1. Marion Local (17) 7-0 178
2. Tri-Village 7-0 158
3. Trimble 7-0 131
4. Malvern 7-0 106
5. Fort Loramie (1) 7-1 92
6. Central Catholic 5-1 87
7. Perry 6-0 68
8. John F Kennedy 5-2 62
9. St. Paul 6-1 47
10. Leetonia 6-1 38

Division VII
2. Tri-Village 7-0 158
3. Trimble 7-0 131
4. Malvern 7-0 106
7. Perry 6-0 68
8. John F Kennedy 5-2 62
9. St. Paul 6-1 47
10. Leetonia 6-1 38
The possible best teams, New Bremen or LCC, not even in top 10.

Good point. It was definitely a dominating win, however, giving up 33 to Lowellville, not good in any capacity.

Division VII
2. Tri-Village 7-0 158
3. Trimble 7-0 131
4. Malvern 7-0 106
7. Perry 6-0 68
8. John F Kennedy 5-2 62
9. St. Paul 6-1 47
10. Leetonia 6-1 38
What on earth? Tri-Village #2? Malvern #4? Perry #7 ahead of LCC? No New Bremen or St. Henry?
These guys only look at W/L record. Apparently, SOS has nothing to do with it.

What on earth? Tri-Village #2? Malvern #4? Perry #7 ahead of LCC? No New Bremen or St. Henry?
These guys only look at W/L record. Apparently, SOS has nothing to do with it.
I would love to see where the person who voted Ft Loramie #1 put Tri Village and Marion Local. I do agree with Loramie ahead of Tri Village, but jumping a team to #1 that lost to a team you probably dont have in your top 10 over Marion Local makes zero sense.

My question is how long do you think the average voter takes to consider the logic behind their vote? My suspicion is it is about a two minute process where they simply pick out the nice shiny records and push send.

Now that we are this far along in the playoffs, it will work it's way out very soon.

I would love to see where the person who voted Ft Loramie #1 put Tri Village and Marion Local. I do agree with Loramie ahead of Tri Village, but jumping a team to #1 that lost to a team you probably don't have in your top 10 over Marion Local makes zero sense.

My question is how long do you think the average voter takes to consider the logic behind their vote? My suspicion is it is about a two minute process where they simply pick out the nice shiny records and push send.

Now that we are this far along in the playoffs, it will work it's way out very soon.
How anyone, in any poll, can pick any team over Marion Local for #1 is beyond me. They have NEVER lost a D7 game and are the defending state champions! Yet, here we are. Every week. Complete ridiculousness.

For example, look at last weeks Yappi Poll...

1 Marion Local (Maria Stein) (6-0) (228) [16]
2 Lima Central Catholic (Lima) (5-1) (185) [3]
3 Tri-Village (New Madison) (6-0) (118) [2]
4 New Bremen (New Bremen) (4-2) (111)
5 Fort Loramie (Fort Loramie) (5-1) (91)
6 Lucas (Lucas) (4-2) (82)
7 Trimble (Glouster) (6-0) (72)
8 John F Kennedy (Warren) (4-2) (70) [2]
9 Arlington (Arlington) (4-2) (38)
10 St Henry (St Henry) (4-2) (37)

??????????????

Last edited:
How anyone, in any poll, can pick any team over Marion Local for #1 is beyond me. They have NEVER lost a D7 game and are the defending state champions! Yet, here we are. Every week. Complete ridiculousness.

??????????????
Polls are opinions. People vote their opinion. I personally vote ML #1 every week but in my honest opinion I think the best team is probably LCC. Polls are essentially meaningless and getting bent out of shape over them is ridiculous, especially the yappi poll.

I've often thought that the AP Poll voters spend more of their time deciding on picks of the larger division schools vs. the smaller ones.

Polls are opinions. People vote their opinion. I personally vote ML #1 every week but in my honest opinion I think the best team is probably LCC. Polls are essentially meaningless and getting bent out of shape over them is ridiculous, especially the yappi poll.
That is my point. Who, with any amount of knowledge of D7 football, has the opinion that ANYONE other than ML is deserving of the #1 ranking. ESPECIALLY the AP voters? It is preposterous.

(BTW, I am not bent out of shape, just curious as to who these people are.)

??????????????
Recall a conversation with a coach going back probably 20 years. He asked if polls were ratings based on past performance or future probabilities? The answer is likely somewhere in between, but I place much more relevance on a poll being intended to "predict" than I do to "reward". If it was primarily based in past games then why not have the last poll be at the very end of the season, after the playoffs?

Since polls carry a component of past results guiding what we anticipate the future to hold polls are cut off as the season winds down.
Personally, I think teams who win a big game but lose a key player in the 4th quarter of that game should be "penalized " in a poll. Not everyone sees it that way, and many have trouble putting a team who losses unexpectedly ahead of the team that unexpectedly beat them. Everyone has their own idea of what a poll is, and how to interpret them.

If polls are reward for past games, then it makes sense to have as many undefeated teams as possible in the poll. If however, polls are what we think would occur if we played out a tournament, that is a very different set of teams. I prefer a predictive approach vs reward. For that reason, New Bremen and St Henery get ranked very high on my list, and I do not reward Tri Village for going undefeated in a conference that often has produced a 10-0 Covington team but is 0-12 in the playoffs vs MAC competition.

Yappi crowns a paper state champion just as the AP does, so it is nice to get that crown and measure for the banner in the gym. 2020 STATE CHAMPIONS*

*State champion is an opinion of a finite set of voters, and as such may or may not be reliable. Poll positions do not guarantee future results.