Paint Valley @ Mechanicsburg

Bumpy84

PV has come a long way since the season opening loss to Adena, Coach Dye and the staff have done a great job. Pretty sure the Bearcats are gonna be 3 maybe even 4 TD dogs in this game. I expect nothing less than a close game, PV is not gonna make the trip to burg just to pee down their leg.

How did Paint Valley get its name? This is a great “name” matchup...

I assume that PV got the name because of its location just outside Bainbridge in a valley surrounded by a few large hills, the Paint I believe is a seasonal thing. A home game in October usually is a pretty picture, all the trees on the surrounding hills changing colors and the corn fields makes for a good Bob Ross painting.

Paint Valley got its name as it is in the Paint Creek Valley. beautiful area.

Burg wins by 3-4 scores.

I like the work we have done to our field and facilities. Lot of work put into making the field look nice and have a brand new concession/bathroom building that opened this year.
THIS is very enticing— if my team were not playing this week, as well, I would be inclined to drive up for the game, just to “use the (brand new) facilities”... well, if there were tickets available to the general public, too (with Covid-19 and all)...

Hoping that Paint Valley is able to get the win. They have experience along the offensive line I would say that is their strong point.

Thanks Burreaux, very few outside the Valley even give us a punchers chance. I agree that our OL has been stellar, making our good backfield look even better. Probably going to work on the passing game this week because after Burg watches some of our tape I expect to see a 5 or maybe even 6 man defensive front.

Of course, being a southern ohio native hoping see some our best programs represent in these playoffs. I am very impressed how dye has done with this team in his first season. I think they have a chance in this game

I've seen Burg in person. they are GOOD. they aren't SUPER talented but one of the most well coached teams ive ever seen. they don't make many mistakes. extremely physical too.

for Paint Valley fans- expect a more physical and well coached team than Greeneview with a very good defense.

THIS is very enticing— if my team were not playing this week, as well, I would be inclined to drive up for the game, just to “use the (brand new) facilities”... well, if there were tickets available to the general public, too (with Covid-19 and all)...
Do you ever have any actual input or sports information to add to this site? You seem to only be able to make snarky remarks that put down communities that apparently don't meet your lofty arrogant standards. I'm sure that Paint Valley or Mechanicsburg, or any of the other fine blue-collar communities that you put down every week could easily find an extra ticket for you, heck we'll even pay for it so you don't have to take any money from your trust fund or weekly caviar budget.

Do you ever have any actual input or sports information to add to this site? You seem to only be able to make snarky remarks that put down communities that apparently don't meet your lofty arrogant standards. I'm sure that Paint Valley or Mechanicsburg, or any of the other fine blue-collar communities that you put down every week could easily find an extra ticket for you, heck we'll even pay for it so you don't have to take any money from your trust fund or weekly caviar budget.
No put downs— I have nothing bad to say about either of these teams/schools/towns— they are among my favorite name teams (along with Gnadenhutten Indian Valley)... I’m sure this game will be a doozy.

PV and Adena have prided itself on physical football in the trenches this year. Will be an interesting Weekend. Will PV win and set up the rematch from week 1? Will Burg win and set up a rematch with Adena from last season? Didn’t get to see many games last weekend but have seen all 4 teams on this side of the bracket on stream this season. Minster is a bit of a mystery but this week will tell if the MAC schedule prepared them well enough. Agree with Bumpy84 that you guys may have to throw more than usual - im sure u guys have seen on your film study that Burg defensive front is stout. Pretty good side of bracket.

I've seen Burg in person. they are GOOD. they aren't SUPER talented but one of the most well coached teams ive ever seen. they don't make many mistakes. extremely physical too.

for Paint Valley fans- expect a more physical and well coached team than Greeneview with a very good defense.
Any PV fans around to fill us in? ghsknightsfan is telling the truth. Good luck.

PV is well aware that Burg is more physical and poses a much taller task than GV, being 7-0 and ranked #3 in the state speaks for itself. On the flip side I don't believe that Burg has faced an OL this good so far this year, including WJ. Once again I say this is gonna be a good game, no gimme for Burg.

Possibly an old school donnybrook. Both seem to have classic offenses - power run and play action passes.
what is the seating capacity at Mechanicsburg? Any chance for general admission tickets available?

Possibly an old school donnybrook. Both seem to have classic offenses - power run and play action passes.
what is the seating capacity at Mechanicsburg? Any chance for general admission tickets available?

Good luck with that, OHSAA's 15% rule still in effect. Burg will probably have about 150 fans on home side and PV allowed about 80. just a guess.

PV is well aware that Burg is more physical and poses a much taller task than GV, being 7-0 and ranked #3 in the state speaks for itself. On the flip side I don't believe that Burg has faced an OL this good so far this year, including WJ. Once again I say this is gonna be a good game, no gimme for Burg.
Bumpy out of curiosity, has PV faced a more physical DL? Don’t know much about the SVC outside of Adena.

Not sure which team's DL you refer to, if you mean GV then yes Adena DL was better. GV wasn't too shabby though, if they had one or two more guys like #72 then we would have had a tough time running it. The SVC was bad this year, after the opening loss to Adena we running clocked the next 5 games.

Not sure which team's DL you refer to, if you mean GV then yes Adena DL was better. GV wasn't too shabby though, if they had one or two more guys like #72 then we would have had a tough time running it. The SVC was bad this year, after the opening loss to Adena we running clocked the next 5 games.
I was talking conference. I only know about Adena since we played them last year. We didn’t get to play GV this year. Either way I know Coach Forrest will have a great game plan. As I’m sure coach Dye will too.

That Adena team you played last year is a bit better this year since they only graduated a few starters and are loaded with seniors this season.