Anna @ West Jefferson

Have heard many talk about how well coached Anna is but I for one think WJ is very well coached as well. Shawn’s record speaks for itself . Everyone loves to second guess and all but tough to argue against what he has done. I just dont see this game being close.

20200918_201242.jpg

I do not believe West Jeff closed open enrollment to get to DVI. I do not think WJ as a school district wanted to deal with parents/kids outside the district/community. Open enrollment does not always bring in kids who are in the best of family situations. You do not always get the great student or from an athletic standpoint, not always the great athlete or more importantly the best of teammates. You can but not always.

I think West Jeff has always had a belief that they would rather lose with a WJ kid than perhaps win with a transfer/move-in. In 2006 or so when Southwestern city schools (Grove City, GC Central Ceissing, Westland & Franklin Heights) did not have sports, WJ did not take any of those athletes/kids in for ‘Open Enrollment’. That would not be fair to the WJ kid who worked his butt off to become a possible starter only to lose out to a open enrollment kid. The coaches showing that loyalty to the kids In the WJ program was & is the right thing to do. I think it’s still that belief today & one of the reasons why WJ doesn’t have open enrollment. This could be one of the reasons participation is so high for football at WJ - just treat people fair and play your best players.

WJ needs to run the football a lot this weekend, Anna hasn't been real good at stopping the run this season and it will be easier to set up the play action and screens.
WJ had their bad game week 2 against Burg and hopefully won't have another like it this year.
Yes, Burg played great, mistake free football and WJ played a horrible 1st half with 4 TO's and lost by 9.
WJ couldn't do anything right on defense in that 1st half and they paid the price!

Now, for this point!
All year and for years, all I have read is how the MAC teams worst team could beat the OHC's best team!
I'm sick of hearing about it!
Now, we are in a year that we can finally find out about it and it has switched to, "Well, they should be able to beat this Anna team".
Why all of a sudden has it changed?
Is it because it's WJ that has the chance to do it?

I do not believe West Jeff closed open enrollment to get to DVI. I do not think WJ as a school district wanted to deal with parents/kids outside the district/community. Open enrollment does not always bring in kids who are in the best of family situations. You do not always get the great student or from an athletic standpoint, not always the great athlete or more importantly the best of teammates. You can but not always.

I think West Jeff has always had a belief that they would rather lose with a WJ kid than perhaps win with a transfer/move-in. In 2006 or so when Southwestern city schools (Grove City, GC Central Ceissing, Westland & Franklin Heights) did not have sports, WJ did not take any of those athletes/kids in for ‘Open Enrollment’. That would not be fair to the WJ kid who worked his butt off to become a possible starter only to lose out to a open enrollment kid. The coaches showing that loyalty to the kids In the WJ program was & is the right thing to do. I think it’s still that belief today & one of the reasons why WJ doesn’t have open enrollment. This could be one of the reasons participation is so high for football at WJ - just treat people fair and play your best players.
So, I'll preface this by saying that I have no ill opinions of West Jeff and have always thought highly of the community & their athletics.

I can respect the idea that West Jeff wants their schools and athletics programs to be about the district's families and nothing else. That the opportunity for move-ins to compete and possibly help the teams advance would be directly antithetical to what they value to be core: community first and loyalty. That said I feel pretty confident in saying that if West Jeff had open enrollment they would likely see an influx of families that are dissatisfied with SWCS, most likely from the western portion of the district that is zoned into the feeding pattern for Westland High School and possibly Central Crossing as well. And families that would make a move wouldn't necessarily have athletics be the primary motivation. SWCS has some great teachers, but organizationally it faces so many challenges - many of which are direct products of a) geography, b) demographics, and c) lack of community pride: all three of which beg the question why the dinosaur concept of the SWCS district still exists in 2020. I hear from several parents who live in the district that they think its a crock of crap that Grove City HS is the only one that doesn't have what they refer to as "attendance zone hell." GCHS's boundaries are really simple: east of Broadway/62 and south of 270 is all GCHS, and that portion of the district has a really low portion of renters compared to the other three parts. Central Crossing's pattern is kind of weird, because it captures part of the Hilltop's south edge where depending on what side-street you live on its CC, Franklin Heights or Briggs (Columbus City) and depending on what road you live on in the west you either go to CC or Westland. And Westland's attendance zone stretches all the way from Darby Dan Farm to Trabue & Hague in Columbus!

Again, not trying to hate on WJ or criticize. Just think that, unlike how OE is usually discussed on here, there's probably more to why folks would consider WJ for OE purposes than sports and I think this is especially true when there's a messy district directly to its east. Doesn't mean of course WJ is obligated to take those families in. Good luck, Riders ;)

Have heard many talk about how well coached Anna is but I for one think WJ is very well coached as well. Shawn’s record speaks for itself . Everyone loves to second guess and all but tough to argue against what he has done. I just dont see this game being close.
it wont be close..... Anna lost to much talent from last years team... 20 starters? return only 4 seniors

Now, for this point!
All year and for years, all I have read is how the MAC teams worst team could beat the OHC's best team!
Now, we are in a year that we can finally find out about it and it has switched to, "Well, they should be able to beat this Anna team".
I don't think I've ever read anyone post that the bottom MAC teams could beat the OHC's best team. However, I have read that a middle-quality MAC team would have beaten the best OHC team. I'm not sure if that is true, but WJ should roll in this one.

WJ needs to run the football a lot this weekend, Anna hasn't been real good at stopping the run this season and it will be easier to set up the play action and screens.
WJ had their bad game week 2 against Burg and hopefully won't have another like it this year.
Yes, Burg played great, mistake free football and WJ played a horrible 1st half with 4 TO's and lost by 9.
WJ couldn't do anything right on defense in that 1st half and they paid the price!

Now, for this point!
dude, that is simply not true, I've seen the Burg teams and i know the bottom MAC teams couldn't compete with those teams EVER.... and Anna will not compete with WJ today.... it's that simple

So, I'll preface this by saying that I have no ill opinions of West Jeff and have always thought highly of the community & their athletics.

I can respect the idea that West Jeff wants their schools and athletics programs to be about the district's families and nothing else. That the opportunity for move-ins to compete and possibly help the teams advance would be directly antithetical to what they value to be core: community first and loyalty. That said I feel pretty confident in saying that if West Jeff had open enrollment they would likely see an influx of families that are dissatisfied with SWCS, most likely from the western portion of the district that is zoned into the feeding pattern for Westland High School and possibly Central Crossing as well. And families that would make a move wouldn't necessarily have athletics be the primary motivation. SWCS has some great teachers, but organizationally it faces so many challenges - many of which are direct products of a) geography, b) demographics, and c) lack of community pride: all three of which beg the question why the dinosaur concept of the SWCS district still exists in 2020. I hear from several parents who live in the district that they think its a crock of crap that Grove City HS is the only one that doesn't have what they refer to as "attendance zone hell." GCHS's boundaries are really simple: east of Broadway/62 and south of 270 is all GCHS, and that portion of the district has a really low portion of renters compared to the other three parts. Central Crossing's pattern is kind of weird, because it captures part of the Hilltop's south edge where depending on what side-street you live on its CC, Franklin Heights or Briggs (Columbus City) and depending on what road you live on in the west you either go to CC or Westland. And Westland's attendance zone stretches all the way from Darby Dan Farm to Trabue & Hague in Columbus!

Again, not trying to hate on WJ or criticize. Just think that, unlike how OE is usually discussed on here, there's probably more to why folks would consider WJ for OE purposes than sports and I think this is especially true when there's a messy district directly to its east. Doesn't mean of course WJ is obligated to take those families in. Good luck, Riders ;)
OE for other than sports? No way. Kidding. I know in Coldwater has OE , and almost exclusively it's for school and not Athletics as very very very few OE play sports. Very few. Much of has to do with kids too proud to OE and play for a neighbor rival.

With that said, Anna has reported scheduled indian lake next week if the Lakers fall Tonite.

Someone mentioned on here or another post that WJ gets the MAC monkey off their back. Not buying that at all. If WJ plays soft like they did against Mechanicsburg and constantly throw the ball without a running attack, don’t wrap and tackle like they have been known to do this season then Anna will win. Doesn’t matter they are 1-5. They will find WJ’s weakness and attack it. I’ll believe it when I see it.
So far this is all happening...

I thought a mid level MAC could win this one but Anna is not mid level to me this year. Ft Recovery or St Henery would be my picks for mid level, maybe even Versailles as of late.