Ohio Heritage Conference 2020

round 2 picks:

Greenon- 42 Taft- 26 (Greenon has everyone back healthy and this bunch will be motivated to get the first playoff win in school history. no better way to do it on the home field).

Marion Local- 53 Cedarville- 6

Blanchester- 35 Madison Plains- 22

New Bremen- 48 South Chuck- 6

Greeneview- 34 Paint Valley- 28

West Jefferson- 42 Anna- 14

Mechanicsburg- 50 Deer Park- 8

Coldwater- 52 Triad- 14

Fort Recovery- 40 Fairbanks- 28

West Liberty Salem- 31 Mariemont- 17
Zero chance Greenon puts that many points on Taft simply wont happen they struggled to put 21 on a very average Greeneview team just don’t see that score happening at all

Zero chance Greenon puts that many points on Taft simply wont happen they struggled to put 21 on a very average Greeneview team just don’t see that score happening at all
i was also told by everyone on here that Greeneview was going to win the game.. also told the season was a lost cause after they lost to a very good Burg team.. so people can keep doubting.

For some reason there are guys like you that find joy in putting teams like Greenon down. How about praising the fact that they are the OHC south champs. The Rams are a very good football team and Greenon beat them. Taft will be a huge challenge, Greenon is here to stay! Coach Wooten has done a great job getting these kids ready every week. Fball4life take your negativity elsewhere!

What are some games you would like to see each school schedule if/when they are eliminated from the playoffs? I'll go ahead and pick one matchup for each school.

Greenon vs. Tecumseh
Catholic Central vs. Urbana
Cedarville vs. Fayetteville
Southeastern vs. Northeastern
Greeneview vs. Miami Trace
Madison Plains vs. Washington CH
West Jefferson vs. London
Northeastern vs. Southeastern
Mechanicsburg vs. Bellefontaine (insert larger area school here, give the BURG an opportunity to go beat up on a bigger school)
Triad vs. Riverside
West Liberty Salem vs. Indian Lake
Fairbanks vs. North Union

could be a nice opportunity for some OHC/CBC matchups!
Greeneview vs Miami Trace or Washington CH.

I know I am late to the party this and have stayed off the Yappi page for a bit, I have had some health issues. However in this COVID weird season I wanted to get caught up on the OHC... I have watched some games on FB that have been streamed mostly the JETS... I would love to say they are better... I just can't do it, I see them playing a halfback at QB, they lack discipline and get stupid penalties. They remind me of the alley bully, ready to whip inferior teams but just can't get the guts to beat the dominate programs in the OHC. I read about the firing of the coach in the season... come on can't wait three more weeks? Oh well that is NE way... I really had hope for this young new coach... he cleaned house got rid of the idiot play callers from CC that had no business calling plays. Also got rid of most of the "Daddy Ball" that had been ruining that program. Now they look as bad as the other side of that district that has another idiot coach that argues with the parents and players during the game! Anyway enough of the Congrats to Greenon and there OHC South Title! Also congrats to the Burg Indians and their OHC North Title.

I know I am late to the party this and have stayed off the Yappi page for a bit, I have had some health issues. However in this COVID weird season I wanted to get caught up on the OHC... I have watched some games on FB that have been streamed mostly the JETS... I would love to say they are better... I just can't do it, I see them playing a halfback at QB, they lack discipline and get stupid penalties. They remind me of the alley bully, ready to whip inferior teams but just can't get the guts to beat the dominate programs in the OHC. I read about the firing of the coach in the season... come on can't wait three more weeks? Oh well that is NE way... I really had hope for this young new coach... he cleaned house got rid of the idiot play callers from CC that had no business calling plays. Also got rid of most of the "Daddy Ball" that had been ruining that program. Now they look as bad as the other side of that district that has another idiot coach that argues with the parents and players during the game! Anyway enough of the Congrats to Greenon and there OHC South Title! Also congrats to the Burg Indians and their OHC North Title.
hope all is well with your health OBC45! thanks for the insight on the state of the Jets program. they seem to be a little more talented, but did they really fire the coach mid season? if so, that is just awful.

I surely haven't forgot about that and that was my thought is what has been tolerated, allowed or maybe even encouraged by at least one other program is going to become the norm at SCC (they may want to retro some archdioceses double checks) . And some of what was/is coming out about football made me wonder harder, fbguru is presenting a good case of fighting a battle to do it right on the football side, time will tell.
I have familiarity with Central back to before a time when shoprat may have been building scouts things there appear to be trending the same way the city has since the days of the scout. As a league fit - you can win at all the sports or be last and still be a good or bad fit, lots of factors.

Bobcat is not wrong with his observations and that doesn't make those things wrong it's just that the days of recruiting happening at mass at St. Bernards or see who's coming down from St. Marys in Urbana are way over they are forced to be more creative. As for the basketball deal I'm pretty sure at least one of those boys came for Cbus but had Springfield ties, not 100% sure but it doesn't matter.
I certainly agree times have changed for better or worse who knows. I did see the Bradford game. The best athlete on the field for Central might be the soccer player/kicker. I don’t think they have a player that would start for any other team in the county. The Irish did have a number of penalties but most were minor. There was one unsportsmanlike after a defender knocked down a pass in the end zone. There was nothing overt so he must have said something, he was removed by the coaches and sat for a few plays.

hope all is well with your health OBC45! thanks for the insight on the state of the Jets program. they seem to be a little more talented, but did they really fire the coach mid season? if so, that is just awful.
Rumor has it the coach they fired / resigned exploded after a game and was dropping F- Bombs and such. The writing was on the wall. The administration heard this going on, as well as people in the stands. I think he's the one who decided to resign as the writing was on the wall what would happen by the end of the season. I heard the HC asked for him to resign. Im only getting info from rumors. OBC45, I think they have improved so much in this crazy season. I to have seen the same dumb mistakes as well watching the games online. The QB is by far the best athlete on offense and defense. Id want the ball in his hands as much as possible. JETS have been bad for many years and I think this HC is on the right track with the changes hes made to his staff. We've seen Greenon turn things around by leaving the CBC and going to the OHC South. The OHC North is by far one of the best small school divisions in the state. Most importantly I like watching great football games. They are all just kids playing a game we all love. Best of Luck to all OHC teams this week. Go out there and show how strong this league is.

I agree with you Sting on the OHC North. If NE is in the south, they are 3-3 at worst, and likely 4-2. That changes how kids and coaches and community feels about the season, even though they are the same team. I feel bad for a team like NE trying to climb out of the basement in a conference like the ohc North. Its rough.

I agree with you Sting on the OHC North. If NE is in the south, they are 3-3 at worst, and likely 4-2. That changes how kids and coaches and community feels about the season, even though they are the same team. I feel bad for a team like NE trying to climb out of the basement in a conference like the ohc North. Its rough.
i think Northeastern vs Madison Plains would be a very competitive game.

Rumor has it the coach they fired / resigned exploded after a game and was dropping F- Bombs and such. The writing was on the wall. The administration heard this going on, as well as people in the stands. I think he's the one who decided to resign as the writing was on the wall what would happen by the end of the season. I heard the HC asked for him to resign. Im only getting info from rumors. OBC45, I think they have improved so much in this crazy season. I to have seen the same dumb mistakes as well watching the games online. The QB is by far the best athlete on offense and defense. Id want the ball in his hands as much as possible. JETS have been bad for many years and I think this HC is on the right track with the changes hes made to his staff. We've seen Greenon turn things around by leaving the CBC and going to the OHC South. The OHC North is by far one of the best small school divisions in the state. Most importantly I like watching great football games. They are all just kids playing a game we all love. Best of Luck to all OHC teams this week. Go out there and show how strong this league is.
The problem with the Jets, is still coaching. The HC is still having trouble putting the right players into the right positions. The QB is not a QB, he is a tailback. The QB coach is, who is now the new OC, was KR's old assistant. I could be wrong on this, but I feel the reason the sophomore QB is in that spot, is because of who his dad is, The Former Head Coach, Houseman.

PV - Greeneview should be a good game, seem to have very similar type of offenses. Our 6 seniors have worked their tails off this summer and I would like to see them advance. If GV can slow down / stop our running game then I tip my hat and say they deserve the win. Adena needs to dispatch of Parkway early and break their thoughts of an upset, if Parkway is still in the game late 3rd that would make the SVC seem even weaker than most already think.

Brutus - What game(s) do you think WJ has “chocked” in over the last 10 years or so? Yes, they played poor tonight and barely beat a 2-5 team but over the years when have they lost a game(s) that they should have won?

Good night for the OHC and big congrats to Greenon on their first playoff win! If I’m the coaching staff, I don’t even know where to begin when it comes to stopping Corey Kiner BUT they will definitely be enjoying this win for now as they should!