PAC 2020

VASJ has real speed on the outside a d a good QB. I had a feeling VASJ would beat them.
Fairless was down 3 starters, not sure it would have made a difference. Matchup problems all over the field. St.Joe's had upwards of 70 players, it looked like a David vs.Goliath type of game. Fairless just didn't have the depth needed at certain positions, got worn down and couldn't get off the field on 3rd down down the stretch . Offense only put up 3 points, other scores came on kick returns. In short St.Joe was know typical 0-6 team, you could tell they play a D-2 & D-3 schedule on a yearly basis, if they were in the PAC they would give lots of teams fits

Last edited:
Finally, game week in the playoffs...it has been way too long since I have been able to say that. 2011 seems like a lifetime ago. I can't really say much of anything about Girard, so just hoping that NW goes out and plays their game and limits turnovers and penalties. Go Indians!

As for this past week, I was pleasantly surprised to see that Manchester put up 35 points and got the dub. Too bad they have to play a Monster now. Congrats also to Loudonville, Orrville and CVCA. Hoping at least two PAC teams can stay in it.

Manchester at Kirtland (not fair)
CVCA at Perry (would love to be at this game, they need to take this next step tho I think Perry will play well since it could be their coach's last game)
Loudonville at Centerburg (no nothing about them but look legit)
Orrville at Ottawa-Glandorf (quality program)
Northwest vs Girard (closer game for the Indians than we think but will take care of business).
Really impressed Manchester got themselves together on Sat night. Considering they started late it makes a little sense that it took them awhile. Kirtland is a monster, but they are tremendously classy as well. Once they get up will pound the rock and shorten the game. Score won't be as bad as you'd think unless they pop some runs. That said, might need to get some extra ice packs for the trip home.

Really impressed Manchester got themselves together on Sat night. Considering they started late it makes a little sense that it took them awhile. Kirtland is a monster, but they are tremendously classy as well. Once they get up will pound the rock and shorten the game. Score won't be as bad as you'd think unless they pop some runs. That said, might need to get some extra ice packs for the trip home.
I remember watching Kirtland and Loudonville in 2014 at Medina High School, when Loudonville was really, really good.

Kirtland was a completely different animal. Loudonville's forte that year was big, physical, athletic. But absolutely nobody out-physicals Kirtland. Seeing it in-person, from the sideline up close, was something else.

I remember watching Kirtland and Loudonville in 2014 at Medina High School, when Loudonville was really, really good.

Kirtland was a completely different animal. Loudonville's forte that year was big, physical, athletic. But absolutely nobody out-physicals Kirtland. Seeing it in-person, from the sideline up close, was something else.
Yup. Watched the Ironton-Kirtland final last year. Ironton had parochial school size and looked like they would swallow the Kirtland kids. That game could have been filmed in black & white with leather helmets. It was PHYSICAL. And Kirtland simply wore them down.

Fairless was down 3 starters, not sure it would have made a difference. Matchup problems all over the field. St.Joe's had upwards of 70 players, it looked like a David vs.Goliath type of game. Fairless just didn't have the depth needed at certain positions, got worn down and couldn't get off the field on 3rd down down the stretch . Offense only put up 3 points, other scores came on kick returns. In short St.Joe was know typical 0-6 team, you could tell they play a D-2 & D-3 schedule on a yearly basis, if they were in the PAC they would give lots of teams fits

CVCA and VASJ played last year and scrimmaged this year. I knew they could play if they got it together. They almost beat Garfield who beat up Mogadore this year.

rg, this will be very ugly.

rg, this will be very ugly.
Agreed. Was forcing myself to be positive, but after hitting "post" on last message I thought "Kirtland on 2 weeks rest . . ." Put the over/under at 8. As in Kirtland runs 8 different plays the entire game. 6 runs & 2 passes.

Agreed. Was forcing myself to be positive, but after hitting "post" on last message I thought "Kirtland on 2 weeks rest . . ." Put the over/under at 8. As in Kirtland runs 8 different plays the entire game. 6 runs & 2 passes.
rg, there very well could be a running clock in 1st half or very early in 3Q.

Kirtland with a running clock in second quarter. Kirtland is probably the 11th best team regardless of division in the entire state-IMO. Northwest needs to get up for their game as much as they do for the supposed rival week against Manchester. I love me some CVCA this week. If they can get past Perry, they can make this thing interesting. I'd love to see an Orrville vs Manchester game next week. Is it old time ball- call up a school and say "ya wanna play?". In football lore, "state champion" teams would call up the other "state champion" and play. That would have been cool.

I love me some CVCA this week. If they can get past Perry, they can make this thing interesting. I'd love to see an Orrville vs Manchester game next week.
SS- Agree on CVCA. This is a big hurdle (not as big as in years past). They get thru this, things get interesting.
Manchester & Orrville couldn’t get their regular season game scheduled so I doubt they’d want to do a post-postseason game.

OHSAA lets home team stream it unless it's a statewide broadcast. However they streamed during the year should be the same for this one.
That was always up in the air for us this year. One game was done by CVCA even though it was at NW, then the other two were done kind of on a whim by Buckeye Drone. I just wasn't sure if they found a better way to do it for the playoffs.

For now it doesn't really matter for me because I got a ticket for this week. Woot!

That was always up in the air for us this year. One game was done by CVCA even though it was at NW, then the other two were done kind of on a whim by Buckeye Drone. I just wasn't sure if they found a better way to do it for the playoffs.

For now it doesn't really matter for me because I got a ticket for this week. Woot!
Congrats on the ticket! That's gold this year.

CVCA easily had the best streaming experience in the league. Partly because of the quality, but also because they left the games up and didn't take down as soon as it was over (looking at you Fairless).

Not being critical of any school, just saying, I don't think some schools realize all they need to do is setup an Ipad in the pressbox. Basketball streaming should be easy. Easier internet access being inside, and easier to see the court than a whole football field, hope every school is able to do it. The streaming from the sideline is terrible.

Not being critical of any school, just saying, I don't think some schools realize all they need to do is setup an Ipad in the pressbox. Basketball streaming should be easy. Easier internet access being inside, and easier to see the court than a whole football field, hope every school is able to do it. The streaming from the sideline is terrible.
Who is streaming from the sideline? I haven't seen any teams do that this year.

Who is streaming from the sideline? I haven't seen any teams do that this year.
Warren Harding occasionally used sideline angles during its 1st couple webcasts. Harding's webcasts include a real-time comments section, and the feedback was overwhelmingly negative regarding the sideline angles. The comments are hard enough to read during the games. Harding fans are difficult to please.

In DVI R23, #18 Loudonville upsets #2 Centerburg 42-41. Next up is a long road trip down by the river to play either Shenandoah or Dawson-Bryant.

CVCA 55 Perry 28
Northwest 52 Girard 29
Kirtland 42 Manchester 0
Loudonville 42 Centerburg 41
Ottawa-Glandorf 62 Orrville 0

Last edited:
CVCA played the most complete game I've seen in the last 10 years. I think they recovered 4/6 onside kicks. Perry did not run an offensive play the entire 1st quarter due to the CVCA onside kicks and fell behind 21-0. Perry did return an onside kick for a TD but CVCA was unfazed and just kept doing it and recovering them. Perry also had 2 huge fumbles. Despite all of the Perry pregame and early game chirping about how good they were CVCA just keep playing physical football and after a 90 drive in the 3rd quarter you could tell Perry was done. Perry is probably one of the most obnoxious teams during pregame and when they are up. It was good to finally shut them up.