(1) Bellbrook vs. (16) Chaminade-Julienne
(8) St Marys Memorial vs. (9) Franklin

(4) New Richmond vs. (20) Goshen
(5) Ross vs. (21) Monroe

(2) Badin vs. (18) Wapakoneta
(7) Tippecanoe vs. (10) Mt. Healthy

(3) Trotwood-Madison vs. (19) Carroll
(6) Archbishop Alter vs. (11) Dunbar

I'm going with chalk in Round 2. I am interested in the Bellbrook vs. CJ game. BB lost a RB for the season and haven't played since the injury took place. It'll definitely affect Bellbrook overall losing him. In the 8 vs. 9 game, Franklin has a very good defense but really struggles on offense. I just don't think they can score enough points to beat St. Mary's. The other interesting matchup is #4 New Richmond vs. #20 Goshen. Goshen defeated New Richmond 24-6 in Week 6 despite being the seed underdog here.

In Round 2, I'll go with:

(5) Ross vs. (21) Monroe

I'm going with chalk in Round 2. I am interested in the Bellbrook vs. CJ game. BB lost a RB for the season and haven't played since the injury took place. It'll definitely affect Bellbrook overall losing him. In the 8 vs. 9 game, Franklin has a very good defense but really struggles on offense. I just don't think they can score enough points to beat St. Mary's. The other interesting matchup is #4 New Richmond vs. #20 Goshen. Goshen defeated New Richmond 24-6 in Week 6 despite being the seed underdog here.

Great analysis. I'll take:
Bellbrook, even though I think CJ may have a fighters chance in their upset bid.

St. Marys, generally good program that has made some nose in the playoffs in the past. Franklin will keep it close.

Goshen, Heck they won the first one (which blew my mind)

Ross, Rams offense will be a tough out for any team in this region.

Badin, Rams have played well all year. This isn't your grandpa's Wapak team.

Mt. Healthy, the fighting Crouch's have just enough to pull this one out.

Alter, this will be the largest blowout in the region this week

CJ pulls the upset
St Marys beats Franklin
Goshen blows New Richmond out of the water
Ross beats Monroe by a large margin
Badin just does what they have done all year and shuts Monroe out
Mt Healthy wins this one
Trotwood puts a number on Carroll
Alter has a hay day against Dunbar and gets revenge for their vote against them

Last edited:
CJ pulls the upset
St Marys beats Franklin
Goshen blows New Richmond out of the water
Ross beats Monroe by a large margin
Badin just does what they have done all year and shuts Monroe out
Mt Healthy wins this one
Alter has a hay day against Dunbar and gets revenge for they're vote against them
I have to admit I am most curious about the Alter game. Not a fan of classless score run ups, but in this case I might just laugh. Hate it for those kids, but the coach needs to receive a message.

You guys haven’t seen Dunbar have you??? Alter should win, but I don’t think it will be a blow out. Definitely will be closer than anybody expected.

RAMNATION ALMIGHTY DIII CHAMPS

I’m still confused about the voting process. If the coaches where granted an opportunity to vote seeding how did they screw anybody???

ITS THERE VOTE, why would they have to vote the way you want them too??

I’m still confused about the voting process. If the coaches where granted an opportunity to vote seeding how did they screw anybody???

ITS THERE VOTE, why would they have to vote the way you want them too??

It was pretty clear that Dunbar was playing games with their voting. You are correct, it's their vote, they can do what they want with it, but anybody with the slightest bit of class makes an effort to be fair and impartial with their votes. It's obvious that Dunbar made ZERO effort to do any such thing. Unfortunately, the kids who had little to do with the voting may or may not suffer the consequences on the field for their coach's actions.

(5) Ross vs. (21) Monroe

Good picks. I think with the loss of BB top RB this game could be a coin flip, but I think BB will win a close one. Franklin can't score enough to beat St. Mary's. New Richmond will bounce back after the week 6 loss. Tipp will win a close one over the Owls. Ross, Badin, TM and Alter all win big.

Dunbar is way better than folks think. Alter is in for a game for 3 quarters. I think they pull away at the end. The game will be much closer than the score.

If BB beats CJ soundly, then you take them serious. Winning that league is not a great gage for postseason sucess.

Ram Nation. The real season begins. They have some youth but, payoffs are a common to that program. Week 2 should be a good one. Stay safe everyone.

I
It was pretty clear that Dunbar was playing games with their voting. You are correct, it's their vote, they can do what they want with it, but anybody with the slightest bit of class makes an effort to be fair and impartial with their votes. It's obvious that Dunbar made ZERO effort to do any such thing. Unfortunately, the kids who had little to do with the voting may or may not suffer the consequences on the field for their coach's actions.
I just find it hard to believe that Dunbar would screw the vote JUST to run straight into the People they screwed!!!

I

I just find it hard to believe that Dunbar would screw the vote JUST to run straight into the People they screwed!!!

Dunbar obviously didn’t do the math and realize what they were doing. Regardless, they will get to see if Alter is actually the 26th ranked team. Maybe they should rank Alter again after the game.

Dunbar knew exactly what they were doing. They voted Alter the #26 seed. They gave Trotwood the #1 seed, Northwest #6 seed, Ponitz the #5 seed, Mt Healthy the #2 seed, Hughes #3, Aiken #4. Dunbar gave the GCL the lowest seeds ranking CJ, Alter, Fenwick, and Carroll in the very bottom. It's pretty obvious the reasoning of how and why Dunbar voted and there's no defending the classless act.

I sense a CJ upset over Bellbrook or keeping it super close.

St. Mary will win with some low score of 17-7 over Franklin.

Goshen beat NR earlier, but I hope that's a fluke and I'll take the Lions in a revenge game.

Badin wiped Ross earlier in the year and it's hard for me to say if they're good because the SWOC is really down this year. They should still beat Monroe.

Badin will take of business vs Wapak

Tipp City may lose to Mt. Healthy because Crouch is a good coach for the Owls and Tipp hasn't seen that athleticism. When Mt. Healthy was 5-5 in 2018, they had a fully healthy (no pun intended) squad give Alter everything they had and loss 14-12 in the first round. If Alter hadn't won the region, i think Mt. Healthy would have.

Carroll plays with Trotwood in the first half but the Rams pull away here in the 2nd. This is Twood's first test against a real football team that also happens to bad GCL team

Alter takes care of business vs Dunbar and advances on

(5) Ross vs. (21) Monroe

Bellbrook 31 CJ 17
St.Marys 40 Franklin 7
New Richmond 38 Goshen 12
Ross 31 Monroe 21
Badin 24 Wapokoneta 21
Tippacanoe 21 Mt Healthy 20
Trotwood Madison 38 Carroll 27
Alter 28 Dunbar 7

I sense a CJ upset over Bellbrook or keeping it super close.

St. Mary will win with some low score of 17-7 over Franklin.

Goshen beat NR earlier, but I hope that's a fluke and I'll take the Lions in a revenge game.

Badin wiped Ross earlier in the year and it's hard for me to say if they're good because the SWOC is really down this year. They should still beat Monroe.

Badin will take of business vs Wapak

Tipp City may lose to Mt. Healthy because Crouch is a good coach for the Owls and Tipp hasn't seen that athleticism. When Mt. Healthy was 5-5 in 2018, they had a fully healthy (no pun intended) squad give Alter everything they had and loss 14-12 in the first round. If Alter hadn't won the region, i think Mt. Healthy would have.

Carroll plays with Trotwood in the first half but the Rams pull away here in the 2nd. This is Twood's first test against a real football team that also happens to bad GCL team

Alter takes care of business vs Dunbar and advances on

I dont have a gauge on BB since the injury. I would think a team that gets the 1 seed should still be able to handle CJ. I go BB 24-14 over CJ

Something tells me NR get payback but Goshen shortens the game significantly. NR 28-10

Ross is an extremely physical team. The Badin game was first live contact they had seen so the tractors were not warmed up yet. No excuses but Ross rolls by 30.

Badin over Wapak by 21. Not the same Wapak team as previous years. The McNick game scares me a little that Badin peaked too early but at this point that game is an outlier.

Ill take Tipp over the Fighting Crouches by 7. MtH talks too much and people dont fear them anymore.

Trotwwod by 4 scores. Carroll is not very good and TW can hang with the "Chaps" from Carroll.

Maybe Dunbar is better than I think. I really dont think so. Gimme Alter by 2 scores or more.

Bellbrook 40-20 : may get a surprise big play or two from CJ, but BB wins handily
St. Mary's 49-21 : they will give up a few scores, but win easily
New Richmond 30-14 it is hard to beat a team twice. I think NR is rested and ready for a revenge game at home
Ross 41-24 : it should be a 2+ score win
Badin 44-17 : Wapak are experienced, but I just don't think it matters against this Badin squad. Maybe close at halftime?
Tipp 27-21 : Tipp have struggled against athletic defenses, Mt Healthy will need some key stops down the stretch to pull an upset
Trotwood 45-6 : this will not be close. Carroll got a great win vs CJ earlier this season, but that was the peak for the Patriots
Alter 58-34 : track meet for 1.5-2.5 quarters, but Alter's defense will make the necessary plays in a high-scoring affair

The only real questions I have is how in the world did Trotwood only beat Belmont 34-19? Talawanda (a not very good SWOC team) beat the doors off them last week. I have to be honest that score had me scratching my head.

Carroll is not good, if that game is close then we'll learn a little more about Trotwood.

Dunbar knew exactly what they were doing. They voted Alter the #26 seed. They gave Trotwood the #1 seed, Northwest #6 seed, Ponitz the #5 seed, Mt Healthy the #2 seed, Hughes #3, Aiken #4. Dunbar gave the GCL the lowest seeds ranking CJ, Alter, Fenwick, and Carroll in the very bottom. It's pretty obvious the reasoning of how and why Dunbar voted and there's no defending the classless act.
Would hope Dunbar's vote was gamed solely for competitive advantage. Otherwise the paradox, given the times, is glaring. Don't know how the catholic schools voted, but suspect it was more "nuanced." In the past in Dayton particularly there's a checkered history when hs games become proxies for other issues

Dunbar obviously didn’t do the math and realize what they were doing. Regardless, they will get to see if Alter is actually the 26th ranked team. Maybe they should rank Alter again after the game.
After reading a few post/threads about the voting. We may have tamper with the vote also. Only thing I can think of is Dunbar didn’t want to travel. A lot of this went on in region 4 also. I’m guessing coaches didn’t realize the vote would go public.. At this point F**k it!!!! Time to play....

Bellbrook really does have a nice team. I was able to watch their game against Valley View online. Losing their RB is a major blow, but they have a nice offense and very good defense this season. If their RB was healthy, or I could've seen them play since his injury, I would be more confident in them winning. If he was healthy, I would pick them over CJ by a couple of scores with confidence.

The only real questions I have is how in the world did Trotwood only beat Belmont 34-19? Talawanda (a not very good SWOC team) beat the doors off them last week. I have to be honest that score had me scratching my head.

Carroll is not good, if that game is close then we'll learn a little more about Trotwood.
We are Young, about 10-15 Seniors, 3 Juniors, the test Freshman & Sophomores, around 60 kids total. 60 kids that’s a lot of kids for us. The three games were just practice. We didn’t start until 9/19, by that time I think most teams played 3-4 games. None of these teams were on our schedule. Winton Woods, Pinkerton Central, LaSalle, Mansfield was our first four original games. So I laugh when none Dayton people talk about our Football I think Wapak will beat Bellbrook, of course St Mary’s will advance. Alter should win, but Dunbar is solid they have a huge RB, he should be playing D-End. We could lose this week or next week, or win the whole thing nothing would surprise me. Our youth is what scares me both our lines have size, but we are YOUNG so we will just have to see come Friday.

We are Young, about 10-15 Seniors, 3 Juniors, the test Freshman & Sophomores, around 60 kids total. 60 kids that’s a lot of kids for us. The three games were just practice. We didn’t start until 9/19, by that time I think most teams played 3-4 games. None of these teams were on our schedule. Winton Woods, Pinkerton Central, LaSalle, Mansfield was our first four original games. So I laugh when none Dayton people talk about our Football I think Wapak will beat Bellbrook, of course St Mary’s will advance. Alter should win, but Dunbar is solid they have a huge RB, he should be playing D-End. We could lose this week or next week, or win the whole thing nothing would surprise me. Our youth is what scares me both our lines have size, but we are YOUNG so we will just have to see come Friday.

Trotwood only has 18 upperclassman? That's pretty scary to imagine a program like that to have such low numbers. Regardless, you only need to show up with 18-25 dudes that can play football and win. You see programs with 55-60 kids able to roll or play with teams with 100+ in their 9th-12th grade program.

Although I think the voting should have been done as objectively as possible. I agree in the end it really doesn't matter. You want to win it all you have to win the region. Complaining about seeding should be done at this point. Win and advance should be the on anyone's mind that thinks their a contender.

In the end I think the best 8 teams will be there in round 3 anyway, if you're not there then you likely shouldn't have played in the tourney anyway ?‍♂️

They do for basketball, soccer etc... I was surpised that Ross was voted that high next to Badin but still not too bad. Butler, Twood, and Dunbar screwed Alter in voting.
Are you kidding me? Suck it up! What good does a vote do anyway especially when everyone makes it. If they're good enough they'll be fine. DPS and Trotwood have been getting screwed forever when it comes to voting in team sports, all-star teams, individual awards, coach of the year, etc.. Conferences vote for each other all the time they've looked out for each other since the beginning of voting particularly when they don't deserve it so kudos to DPS and Trotwood for practicing their right to vote for whoever they want too, that's the the purpose for voting anyway!

Heres how Calpreps.com see's it this week:

Bellbrook 42 CJ 14
St Marys vs Franklin (couldnt calculate it because SM isn't on there)
New Richmond 27 Goshen 17
Ross 48 Monroe 17
Badin 35 Wapak 0
Mt Healthy 21 Tipp 14
TW 35 Carroll 12
Alter 35 Dubar 12

2013 7th seed played in the ship, 2016 7th seed played in the ship, 2019 7th seed Won the ship. Again the crying has to stop now it’s time to play. If Badin is that good it should not MATTER where they are placed, can you dig it??? I mean that’s how we play football, 1st, 2nd, 3rd round, Qtr, Semi, etc.. We lining up against whoever.

Everyone complaing about seeding and how unfair it is, is just simply scared Klump! What does it matter their all in the same region. In reality it means nothing, they'd have to play each other eventually anyhow? Just proves the cliche that some people aren't worried about winning it all they're just happy being there but we were #1 seed though....

Looked at differently, it appears that Trotwood was afraid of running into Ross or Elida.
It never would have occurred to me that Trotwood would be afraid of anybody, but their voting seems to tell a different story.
Since 2006, 15 consecutive playoff appearances, 3 state championships, 4 runner-ups, 1 regional runner-up, 1 second round exit in 2016, 3 national television appearances and not counting the consecutive conference and district championships. Last time we played Ross in the playoffs 59-0.

I think you're right?

Are you kidding me? Suck it up! What good does a vote do anyway especially when everyone makes it. If they're good enough they'll be fine. DPS and Trotwood have been getting screwed forever when it comes to voting in team sports, all-star teams, individual awards, coach of the year, etc.. Conferences vote for each other all the time they've looked out for each other since the beginning of voting particularly when they don't deserve it so kudos to DPS and Trotwood for practicing their right to vote for whoever they want too, that's the the purpose for voting anyway!

Who exactly has been screwed for COY, POY etc from DPS and Trotwood? Seems to me, Trotwood consistently has had several 1st team all area and POY/COY in basketball at least. Thurgood basketball had the COY in the Dayton area and Trotwood and Thurgood had two players on first team this past season.

Regarding All State for things, football has gotten soft by the AP voting because you see players getting 3rd team/Honorable Mention to players with patted stats/play in weak conference, or got rolled by those "honorable mention" players. I think we can agree there's a lack of consistency with it because you see schools every year make deep playoff runs/go to state and don't get the recognition while some 3-7 team has a player gets the award.

Who exactly has been screwed for COY, POY etc from DPS and Trotwood? Seems to me, Trotwood consistently has had several 1st team all area and POY/COY in basketball at least. Thurgood basketball had the COY in the Dayton area and Trotwood and Thurgood had two players on first team this past season.

Regarding All State for things, football has gotten soft by the AP voting because you see players getting 3rd team/Honorable Mention to players with patted stats/play in weak conference, or got rolled by those "honorable mention" players. I think we can agree there's a lack of consistency with it because you see schools every year make deep playoff runs/go to state and don't get the recognition while some 3-7 team has a player gets the award.
You speak what you know of and what you've seen, typical! I'm not upset nor do I have any issue with that but I'm not surprised however, what you don't know is the bias , unfairness and the amount of pacifying that goes on in the district, conference or tournament meetings when it comes to voting for accolades or seeding. It may appear to be honest and fair but most of the time it's not. A lot of times in seeding, it's based on records not quality. This has been going on for decades! Do you know who Mike Haley Sr. is?