Playoffs Round 2: Best Chances at an Upset?

D3 Region 10: #15 Mansfield Senior could knock off #2 Ashland.
D4 Region 14: Watch out for #16 Galion against #1 Bellevue.
D6 Region 23: #18 Loudonville in a possible upset over #2 Centerburg.
D7 Region 26: #13 Convoy Crestview over #4 Tiffin Calvert.

I think Crestview will roll over Calvert

i think Western Brown is a dark horse against Bishop Hartley. the Western Brown QB impresses me.

Mansfield nearly pulled it off against Ashland earlier. The game ended 14-6 so I definitely think it's possible.

The key for Mansfield however is their starting QB is out and they are playing a Freshman. I'm not certain but I hear the reason Mansfield's starting QB Brock Hill was out may be due to rules of his transfer from Ontario and he may be out for the playoffs.

Mansfield nearly pulled it off against Ashland earlier. The game ended 14-6 so I definitely think it's possible.

The key for Mansfield however is their starting QB is out and they are playing a Freshman. I'm not certain but I hear the reason Mansfield's starting QB Brock Hill was out may be due to rules of his transfer from Ontario and he may be out for the playoffs.
I'm waiting to hear if he will play or not. Sounding like probably not. Their D is legit though. Crazier things have happened.

Crestview at 13 was ridiculous and Calvert wasn’t a 4. They could have easily been flip flopped.

I'm waiting to hear if he will play or not. Sounding like probably not. Their D is legit though. Crazier things have happened.
The Freshman was told literally hours before the game that he would be the starter.

Unfortunately with him in they barely beat a bad Sylvania Southview team who's only win of the season was against ...... Maumee.

I dont think itll happen but I'll be keeping my eye on Parkway vs Adena.

Any lower-seeded team from the Midwest Athletic Conference has a chance at an upset.

I would also watch Fort Recovery and Fairbanks, as well as Anna and West Jefferson. Minster has a shot against Allen East.

The least likely is Delphos Saint John's against Lima Central Catholic.

There are five MAC teams that entered the playoffs with losing records. I definitely think at least two of them will advance.

Last edited:
Any lower-seeded team from the Midwest Athletic Conference has a chance at an upset.

I would also watch Fort Recovery and Fairbanks, as well as Anna and West Jefferson. Minster has a shot against Allen East.

The least likely is Delphos Saint John's against Lima Central Catholic.
I agree with you completely on Fort Recovery.
Anna, however, I don't know about that one. They lost a ton of guys from last years squad. WJ should win by a couple TDs.
Going to be a tall task for Minster. I don't see them winning over a pretty good Allen East team.
DSJ is going to take one on the chin. LCC is super legit.

Last edited:
I dont think itll happen but I'll be keeping my eye on Parkway vs Adena.

I am intrigued in this game because Adena hasn’t played anyone, their league the Scioto Valley Conference is down imo and has been a weak conference for the past few season, how will they fare against better competition.

I am intrigued in this game because Adena hasn’t played anyone, their league the Scioto Valley Conference is down imo and has been a weak conference for the past few season, how will they fare against better competition.
Not exactly sure a 1-6 Parkway is better competition necessarily but it is competition that has played better competition. I understand Adena has a terrific QB and that this is their best team ever and that's commendable and plenty of the reason why Adena should win. The question is does Parkway's schedule help them enough to keep them in this game. But for those not familiar with Parkway, they have a decent QB in Elijah Rich who is efficient when he passes and can get out of the pocket if need be. He certainly can help lead this team. Its too bad his right hand man in the backfield graduated last year. Parkway usually has some tall receivers and a big fullback type back every year. I think Parkway's running back is a sophomore but I cant remember his name off hand. Parkway's big issue and why I think they'll lose is lack of depth. They have about 30 kids in uniform.

Not exactly sure a 1-6 Parkway is better competition necessarily but it is competition that has played better competition. I understand Adena has a terrific QB and that this is their best team ever and that's commendable and plenty of the reason why Adena should win. The question is does Parkway's schedule help them enough to keep them in this game. But for those not familiar with Parkway, they have a decent QB in Elijah Rich who is efficient when he passes and can get out of the pocket if need be. He certainly can help lead this team. Its too bad his right hand man in the backfield graduated last year. Parkway usually has some tall receivers and a big fullback type back every year. I think Parkway's running back is a sophomore but I cant remember his name off hand. Parkway's big issue and why I think they'll lose is lack of depth. They have about 30 kids in uniform.

yeah I’m just wondering how up to the task Adena will be and seeing someone who isn’t a local team/ in conference

You are right about one thing, the SVC is not and probably never have been an above avg. football conference. Adena's game with PV was closer than the final (50-28) indicates. I feel very confident that Parkway will not come close to pulling the upset, Adena 48-13.

Div 1 region 4

I think #7 Elder has a shot over #2 Princeton

Div 3 region 12

I think #21 monroe has a shot over #5 seed ross (monroe beat the 12 seed by 3 scores)

#10 Mt. Healthy and #7 tipp city could be a shoot out either team as a toss up!

Div 4 region 16

#11 eaton over #6 Graham (i didnt know graham had other sports besides wrestling)

Div 5 region 20

#12 Madeira over #5 CHCA (Im a CHL fan so my pick is for a CHL upset!)

div 7 region 28

#13 CCPA over #4 tri village