2020 Cleveland Browns

This one has the classic feel of a typical Browns letdown. Riding high for a bit, fans and media get excited, statement type game...and the Browns get curb-stomped and the balloon pops.

That's what makes today a far more than normal Week 5 game. A win could catapult the team to a special season.

We'll see what they're made of today.

The Colts defense is tough, but this is by far the best offense they will have faced this season.

I nearly jumped out of my chair when Rivers threw that ball out of the end zone, as I was shouting, "Intention grounding. !! Safety." Two exciting games in a row. Now bring on the Steelers.

Huge win for the Browns. Huge game next Sunday at Pittspuke.

If the Browns had a better QB their offense would be crazy good.

Some ugly throws from Baker and Rivers today. Score was much higher than I anticipated.

I think I'd like to see more of Redwine and Harrison and less of Sendejo and Joseph.

I'm not a huge Hubbard fan but it was nice to be able to have someone with his experience step in today. Also nice to see Olivier Vernon show up. Up until today he's either been out or has played like Lawrence Olivier.

The season needs to play out and the Browns are 4-1 and scoring points, so it’s not a timely subject, but I see Baker as the limiting factor in what could be a deadly offense with a better QB. Berry and Stefanski did not draft him, so it will be very interesting to see what happens when it’s time to pour big money into Baker when his rookie deal is up. For now, there’s plenty of time to go for Baker to prove he is the franchise QB going forward and deserving of a salary cap-choking contract.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but it seems to me that Mayfield's stellar first half was mostly due to play action and roll-outs, while the second half was mostly stay in the pocket. Big linemen in his face led to overthrows and interceptions. Why did they essentially change at halftime?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but it seems to me that Mayfield's stellar first half was mostly due to play action and roll-outs, while the second half was mostly stay in the pocket. Big linemen in his face led to overthrows and interceptions. Why did they essentially change at halftime?
You are correct and I don’t know why they changed, other than perhaps Indy taking away the roll outs in the second half and forcing pocket plays?

100% on point - That odd change in play calling philosophy made no sense to me. "Offense was rolling in the first half, so let's change." what??

As for the Baker haters... Is he Mahomes? certainly not. Has he had 4 head coaches and 4 offensive coordinators in 3 years? Yep. He has a strong arm, mostly accurate, and decent leadership skill. I want to see him progress in this same system for a couple years - I think he will be a top 10-12 QB in this league, which is good enough with the talent around him.

His first pick was admittedly terrible, but the second one he got creamed while throwing. I'm concerned about his shoulder/arm from that hit, hope he can play and throw effectively this week.

Odell sent home with an illness; Jarvis not practicing; Baker not throwing; who knows about Teller; Chubb still out. This has the makings of a total blowout. Add the Garrett factor ( that everyone says will not matter, but it will), the fight for first, and Big Ben's record against Cleveland, coupled with a ferocious defense. Steelers- 42, Browns- 13.

100% on point - That odd change in play calling philosophy made no sense to me. "Offense was rolling in the first half, so let's change." what??

As for the Baker haters... Is he Mahomes? certainly not. Has he had 4 head coaches and 4 offensive coordinators in 3 years? Yep. He has a strong arm, mostly accurate, and decent leadership skill. I want to see him progress in this same system for a couple years - I think he will be a top 10-12 QB in this league, which is good enough with the talent around him.

His first pick was admittedly terrible, but the second one he got creamed while throwing. I'm concerned about his shoulder/arm from that hit, hope he can play and throw effectively this week.
His body will let him down sooner than later.

So the Steelers' opponents so far this year are 3-15-1.

Not knocking them, you play as scheduled. But it is an interesting aspect to this game.

Sunday will be a real barometer of what we have in this team. Even of they lose, if they play hard and put up a fight it's a good sign. If the little sisters that showed up against Baltimore show up in Pittsburgh I'll think that's more telling than the winning streak over the last month.

^Agree - Steelers are pretty good but have beaten all trash teams this year. Giants, Denver, Texans, Eagles have 3 wins total. Can the Brownies keep scoring against that solid defense is the question. They handled Indy's defense, so I think they can, as long as 6, 80 and 13 are healthy-ish. O-line holds the key. Open holes for the run and control those blitzers and TJ Watt.

I am withholding my prediction until I see who is active/inactive for the Browns.

There's a lot of question marks.