Bill Burr

Crusaders

Twitter’s trying to cancel Bill Burr, one of the top 5 living stand up comedians, over last night’s SNL monologue:

?

I learn so much on this board. I don't follow much modern comedy.He did what a good social commentary type commedian should, IMO.

“The way white women somehow hijacked the woke movement, generals around the world should be analyzing this,” the comedian said. “The woke movement was supposed to be about people of color not getting the opportunities, the at-bats that they deserve, finally making that happen. And it was about that for about 8 seconds and then somehow white women swung their Gucci-booted feet over the fence of oppression and stuck themselves at the font of the line.”

I think he may be right and the way he frames it, had me laughing. But looking at the comments I realized, he wasn't exactly falling on his sword here. These comments are in his interest.

Last edited:
I thought he was funny. The ironic thing is he’s on their side actually. He’s just making a joke.
The Democrats have become the dominant culture so now they can’t take a joke. Democrats today are like the GOP in the 60’s. The dominant culture hates laughter since it’s true. The funny part is Bill Burr is married to a black woman

The Democrats have become the dominant culture so now they can’t take a joke. Democrats today are like the GOP in the 60’s. The dominant culture hates laughter since it’s true. The funny part is Bill Burr is married to a black woman
I wouldn’t ascribe tweet reactions from randos to an entire political party. Btw, Trump really seems to take a joke well. ?

It’s more indicative of how far SNL has fallen, that offensive humor causes a stir.

It wasn’t offensive and, nah, not really.
I don’t think it was offensive, but some whack jobs think it is. Regardless, SNL hasn’t been funny for a while. After Bill Hader, Jason Sudekis, Kristen Wiig left, the new cast hasn’t stepped up. Pete Davidson is one of the more popular cast members and he sucks.

I don’t think it was offensive, but some whack jobs think it is. Regardless, SNL hasn’t been funny for a while. After Bill Hader, Jason Sudekis, Kristen Wiig left, the new cast hasn’t stepped up. Pete Davidson is one of the more popular cast members and he sucks.
Okay, some other whack jobs get made about Baldwin’s Trump. ??‍♂️

Anyway, Baldwin’s Trump is still funny. Other then the cold open, I agree, the rest of it is pretty much hot garbage.

If the dems say you can't make jokes because you may offend someone, you have cancelled comedy. I believe in equal opportunity offenders like Burr, he is hilarious and mostly left leaning humor??

I suspect it is not what he is saying so much is that it is a white male saying it and therefore he needs censored. Does anyone think for a second if Chris Rock or Dave Chappelle did these jokes they would get canceled?

There was a “cancel Chapelle” movement after his last special but it died pretty quickly. Chapelle and Burr are good friends.

I don’t think Burr is left-leaning. Pretty centrist overall. Just jabs everyone like a good comedian. Kind of filling in George Carlin’s shoes, but less obviously libertarian.

He's Bill Burr. It's his act. Acting surprised is like suddenly being offended that the Pope is anti-abortion or the fundamentalist owner of Chick-Fil-A is anti-gay marriage. Some people don't like the truth.

Here's a pic of Bill and his wife for the uniformed critics-

596d377c-dba5-40b7-9e79-3c823d696b28-getty-461875982.jpg

SNL’s depictions of politicians are generally now in bad taste, especially Trump. Baldwin could do a good impression, but the material and his acting are so mean-spirited it lacks humor to anyone who doesn’t share the underlying sentiment. SNL used to take the piss out of Dem politicians all time; Darrel Hammond’s Bill Clinton was amazing. IIRC, things really turned during the Bush administration, especially towards the end; Ferrell’s W. was great until it started getting mean. I don’t recall any such treatment for the Obamas or any other Democrat politician since. The bias is pretty blatant, which also kills a lot of the humor.

SNL’s depictions of politicians are generally now in bad taste, especially Trump. Baldwin could do a good impression, but the material and his acting are so mean-spirited it lacks humor to anyone who doesn’t share the underlying sentiment. SNL used to take the piss out of Dem politicians all time; Darrel Hammond’s Bill Clinton was amazing. IIRC, things really turned during the Bush administration, especially towards the end; Ferrell’s W. was great until it started getting mean. I don’t recall any such treatment for the Obamas or any other Democrat politician since. The bias is pretty blatant, which also kills a lot of the humor.
I think they had Fred Armisen playing Obama at one point, so racist.

Comedians reflect on their surroundings. Bill Burr is F-ing Hilarious. His monologue was awesome.

Where is fish82? He coined the phrase on the Debate Forum that the woke white woman crowd is the most unbearable group at the moment.

You sound like one of those twitter crybabies. ?

SNL has been awful since Trump won the election in 2016. Some political comedy is OK, it is a tradition going all the way back to the 1st season, but it seems like everything now has a political angle that is targeted to the hipster masses living in Brooklyn. In particular I just don't get Kate McKinnon. Her impression of Justin Bieber is OK but nothing cutting edge and her films have been mostly bombs, what is her stand out comedic moment? And the Carroll Burnett like breaking character act is way too much for me, the woke Twitter world was all over her bit on Weekend Update as this hilarious sketch. The wife and I decided to give a view and we were like EH?

Tell me I am wrong and how this funny>