D2 Region 6 Barberton at Toledo St. John’s

Next year I would take the Magics. This year, however, the more experienced Titans will prevail. It will take a while to do it, though. There will be no running clock in this game.

People from the lakewood/barberton thread would say barberton should not even show up as they were going to get smashed by lakewood. can not wait to read what they post here

St John’s has a good smart QB, with a decent arm, committed to Cincinnati. I think their WR committed to Toledo (6-3 great ball skills) is very underrated! Also, have another 6-5 WR opposite him.

St John’s has a good smart QB, with a decent arm, committed to Cincinnati. I think their WR committed to Toledo (6-3 great ball skills) is very underrated! Also, have another 6-5 WR opposite him.
The fourth D1 qb barberton has faced this season

People from the lakewood/barberton thread would say barberton should not even show up as they were going to get smashed by lakewood. can not wait to read what they post here
The intelligent people on that thread were saying Barberton would win handily.

Different thread, different game.

What were the D1 QBs Barberton faced? That's quite a schedule. Any games or highlights on-line?

Different thread, different game.

What were the D1 QBs Barberton faced? That's quite a schedule. Any games or highlights on-line?

Brecksville Joe Labas is going to Iowa; Stow's Owen Bainbridge hasn't committed yet but is deciding between Akron and Toledo; and Wadsworth's Mitchell Evans is going to Notre Dame though he will be switching to tight end with the Irish.

You can always check Hudl for highlights

Toledo St. John's is a good solid fundamental, hard hitting mistake free ball club. Tough to beat. They are alot like Lake. But be of good cheer it's not like your facing Archbishop Hoban or Massillon.

Watched both play. My money is on SJ. SJ QB is good, but as mentioned, Barberton has faced some really good QBs. Unsure if they have seen a WR like Zsiros. He is extremely underrated and will end up Power 5 before it is all said and done (6'3 210). The unsung hero is their RB who is a lot like Brecksville's Garrett Kubitz. He is a big and powerful kid (5'10" 205lbs) who gets vertical quick.

IF SJ wins (I said IF), the Brecksville/SJ game should be really good.
You misspelled "Clay." :D
Brecksville vs Barberton
Two R6 schools for you to view.
Worth watching for the comments section. Nice job by the kids.

Begin watching at the 2hour 30 mark. That's enough to see what Barberton can do. Brecksville looked to have size advantage across both lines. Barberton countered with low-chunks at the center and guards but speed everywhere else. I thought they'd wear as the game went on but they became the stronger. They can cover Zsiros and they inted a Big10 D1 QB 2, 3 times? 5 & 7 are match-up problems of their own for the Magics offense. If Barberton plays clean of penalties, SJJ has a game on their hands.

I'll go with SJJ. Barberton's only wins were against 2-4 Wadsworth and 1-6 Lakewood. However, their losses were to some pretty good teams. SJJ's QB Lichtenberg is a legit D1 player who had started since his freshman year. He led them to 2 4th quarter comeback wins (Findlay and Fremont Ross).

The key will be SJJ's defense. They couldn't stop Fremont Ross and were down by double digits. Can they stop a good offense? They couldn't stop Central Catholic or Fremont Ross. If SJJ's defense can play well enough, St. John's will win. Lichtenberg will get his scores, no matter who he plays.

Also, I have to say Tsiros (sp?) is a legit player as well. A great combo indeed.

But I wonder if Lichtenberg's great play is covering up for some weaknesses in St. John's. Reminds me of Riley Keller at Whitmer. Great QB masked a lot of deficiencies.

TSJ wins by 3 scores. Barberton has a handful of athletes for sure but not the depth of the Titans. This game will get away from the Magics by the 3rd quarter.

The intelligent people on that thread were saying Barberton would win handily.
Looking forward to your prediction on this game. Since I said it was a 50/50 game last week because I never seen Lakewood, I'm not intelligent enough to make a prediction.

Games like this are ammunition for those who feel all teams should make the playoffs. Barberton and North Royalton had rough regular seasons, but both are 2-0 in the playoffs and beat teams that would have been playoff teams in a normal year.