Swbl

Status
Not open for further replies.
In other SWBL news seen on the MVhoopvault site, that they are hosting a open gym with some of the better players from Dayton, 75 colleges will be watching the live stream which is free on YouTube link is on the site, I know Preble Shawnee’s own Bryce Singleton will be playing, as will Ryan Chew from Bellbrook and the Brookville kid who’s name I can’t remember will also be playing, but the best thing is little old Preble county has three boys make it with Stinson from TCN Harrison from NT, believe Stinson and Singleton are on team Thunder together, should give us some kind of sports to watch.

I would think based upon his size singleton may fair better in football (never seem him play). He seems athletic and aggressive enough for someone to offer some money for football. He just seems too short to play a forward position at the scholarship level in basketball.

I would think based upon his size singleton may fair better in football (never seem him play). He seems athletic and aggressive enough for someone to offer some money for football. He just seems too short to play a forward position at the scholarship level in
I would think based upon his size singleton may fair better in football (never seem him play). He seems athletic and aggressive enough for someone to offer some money for football. He just seems too short to play a forward position at the scholarship level in basketball.
Maybe but he’s 6’3 with a long wingspan, he’s not a D1 player buy any means but I’ve seen D3 college games he would do just fine but D3 don’t give give scholarships so I will agree with you. He is good at football believe he plays both ways and doesn’t come off the field, in all honesty I hear he’s a really smart kid and maybe not worried about sports in college at all.

Maybe but he’s 6’3 with a long wingspan, he’s not a D1 player buy any means but I’ve seen D3 college games he would do just fine but D3 don’t give give scholarships so I will agree with you. He is good at football believe he plays both ways and doesn’t come off the field, in all honesty I hear he’s a really smart kid and maybe not worried about sports in college at all.
I honestly don't remember him much in football, but I'm sure he does a decent job. I think he could go somewhere small for basketball and do well. D3 may not offer scholarships but if he's in good shape academically, they do a good job of finding money for their athletes.

I honestly don't remember him much in football, but I'm sure he does a decent job. I think he could go somewhere small for basketball and do well. D3 may not offer scholarships but if he's in good shape academically, they do a good job of finding money for their athletes.
Definitely D3 will find some money for players, I was just saying he wasn’t getting a scholarship. Anyways I looked up what his stats were against South, he has caught 3 touchdowns the last two years in that game and surprisingly enough he actually got 2nd team his freshman year in football, he also got his varsity letter in basketball his freshman year, and I’m not so how much that happens at Shawnee but I don’t really remember anyone doing off the top of my head.

Definitely D3 will find some money for players, I was just saying he wasn’t getting a scholarship. Anyways I looked up what his stats were against South, he has caught 3 touchdowns the last two years in that game and surprisingly enough he actually got 2nd team his freshman year in football, he also got his varsity letter in basketball his freshman year, and I’m not so how much that happens at Shawnee but I don’t really remember anyone doing off the top of my head.
Looks like has done well against TVS. I probably should remember him but honestly the games haven't been all that close. Especially last year. It's pretty impressive he got a varsity letter as a Freshman, I'm trying to think of other Preble Shawnee players that may have as well. Did anyone from the 2016 class get 4 letters for basketball? Per the SWBL site it looks like Joby Williams played 4 years.

Agee, Moore, Worely I believe all lettered 4 years for shawnee
i was talking about 4 year letters in both football and basketball, Agee only played half a year in football and Worely didn’t play football either, Moore maybe but I looked it up and he only played 9 games I was always told you have to play in half the games in basketball to letter, I do believe Moore did letter all four years in football. Joby definitely did both.

i was talking about 4 year letters in both football and basketball, Agee only played half a year in football and Worely didn’t play football either, Moore maybe but I looked it up and he only played 9 games I was always told you have to play in half the games in basketball to letter, I do believe Moore did letter all four years in football. Joby definitely did both.
Im sorry i didnt understand both sports. That seems about right. Lets hope Singleton gets a chance to play both sports this year to get his 4 and 4.

I heard Ryan Chew of Bellbrook is enrolled at Alter. This would have a big impact in the league.
1597063049948.png

Milton’s new league next year will have Troy Christian, Northridge, Bethel and Miami East that will be good. Covington used to be stout and I think Lehman used to be good too.
the Buckeye is shaping up to be a powerhouse with all of these tough kids. Very exciting hoops season ahead. Let’s hope we all can watch in person.

Milton’s new league next year will have Troy Christian, Northridge, Bethel and Miami East that will be good. Covington used to be stout and I think Lehman used to be good too.
the Buckeye is shaping up to be a powerhouse with all of these tough kids. Very exciting hoops season ahead. Let’s hope we all can watch in person.
Bethel and Miami East have been a little down over the past 2-3 years, but they are traditionally strong programs, as is TC. I agree with you though, that I think the Buckeye Division is going to be a powerhouse division again this year. Every team will be very competitive and there will be a lot of teams beating each other up. I wouldn't be surprised if the division winner has 2-3 losses once again..

To continue with that... Madison may be down some, but you know they will be good. Waynesville, MU and Northridge will be their usual, which are strong teams. Shawnee adds the Shrout kid and returns Singleton, they will be good. Carlisle has one of the better players in the league in Burney, then I believe they had some other decent players that had to sit out the 2nd half due to transferring in. Those kids should play the whole season this year. Dixie returns pretty much everyone again including their top 3 scorers. You would think at some point they will be more competitive...

I can’t wait for hoops hope we can all attend, Buckeyes division so going to be good, I don’t remember Shawnee having a point guard as tall as they will this year, think he will be a matchup nightmare for teams, add Singleton who I believe is going to have a huge year and Shawnee is going to be a big problem in hoops this year, the other schools have some talent also so should be a fun watch this year as long as we are allowed to watch.

I can’t wait for hoops hope we can all attend, Buckeyes division so going to be good, I don’t remember Shawnee having a point guard as tall as they will this year, think he will be a matchup nightmare for teams, add Singleton who I believe is going to have a huge year and Shawnee is going to be a big problem in hoops this year, the other schools have some talent also so should be a fun watch this year as long as we are allowed to watch.
Does Preble Shawnee play Tri Village this year? This is a match-up that is going to be very good over the next 4 years, especially including the fact that these 2 schools will be in the same conference soon.

Does Preble Shawnee play Tri Village this year? This is a match-up that is going to be very good over the next 4 years, especially including the fact that these 2 schools will be in the same conference soon.
They do not and it’s a shame, Shawnee plays North, South,Trail, Arcanum, MV from the CCC this year

Don't plan on attending this year unless you are a parent . . . a certain Cincinnati powerhouse is already making plans for streaming all games this winter with no fans except for parents . . .

Don't plan on attending this year unless you are a parent . . . a certain Cincinnati powerhouse is already making plans for streaming all games this winter with no fans except for parents . . .
Dang... I wouldn't be surprised by that. I would think there would be at least similar guidelines as football. Since there aren't as many players on the team, maybe each player/cheerleader gets 4 or 6 voutures? People are already packing into volleyball games in the same gym

Fully expect that, I’ve actually heard Freshman JV and Varsity games maybe played on different days, and if not allow enough time in between to clear gyms out so no way a 3 game weekday schedule will work.

Basketball needs a another division just like football. Look at the gap in D-1
1305 Mason (Mason)
1263 St Ignatius (Cleveland)
1243 Fairfield (Fairfield)
1220 St Xavier (Cincinnati)
1049 Centerville (Centerville)
1041 Hamilton (Hamilton)
1002 Lakota West (West Chester)
1001 Lakota East (Liberty Township)
960 West Clermont (Cincinnati)
959 Beavercreek (Beavercreek)
952 Reynoldsburg (Reynoldsburg)
949 Archbishop Moeller (Cincinnati)
937 Mentor (Mentor)
935 St Edward (Lakewood)
920 Brunswick (Brunswick)
917 Oak Hills (Cincinnati)
893 Gahanna Lincoln (Gahanna)
877 Canton Mckinley Senior (Canton)
873 Lorain (Lorain)
867 Kettering Fairmont (Kettering)
866 Medina (Medina)
842 Springfield (Springfield)
840 Whitmer (Toledo)
835 Olentangy Orange (Lewis Center)
832 Olentangy Liberty (Powell)
818 Springboro (Springboro)
794 Milford (Milford)
788 Dublin Coffman (Dublin)
778 Groveport Madison (Groveport)
765 Elyria (Elyria)
765 Walnut Hills (Cincinnati)
764 Grove City (Grove City)
764 Western Hills (Cincinnati)
762 Westland (Galloway)
757 Wayne (Huber Heights)
755 Newark (Newark)
754 Colerain (Cincinnati)
748 Strongsville (Strongsville)
745 Hilliard Davidson (Hilliard)
735 Lancaster (Lancaster)
734 Glenoak (Canton)
726 Dublin Jerome (Dublin)
720 Berea-Midpark (Berea)
715 Westerville Central (Westerville)
711 Jackson (Massillon)
702 Upper Arlington (Columbus)
700 Pickerington High School Central (Pickerington)
700 Princeton (Cincinnati)
698 Middletown (Middletown)
693 Hilliard Bradley (Hilliard)
691 Start (Toledo)
689 Northmont (Clayton)
685 Thomas Worthington (Worthington)
677 Perrysburg (Perrysburg)
676 Euclid (Euclid)
675 Stow-Munroe Falls (Stow)
668 Cleveland Heights (Cleveland Heights)
666 Lebanon (Lebanon)
662 Marysville (Marysville)
658 Hilliard Darby (Hilliard)
657 Sycamore (Cincinnati)
643 Pickerington High School North (Pickerington)
636 Solon (Solon)
634 Delaware Hayes (Delaware)
632 Miamisburg (Miamisburg)
625 Westerville North (Westerville)
624 Central Crossing (Grove City)
624 Shaker Heights (Shaker Heights)
608 Max S Hayes (Cleveland)
608 New Albany (New Albany)
605 Findlay (Findlay)
598 Bowsher (Toledo)
589 John Marshall School Of Engineering (Cleveland)
588 James Ford Rhodes (Cleveland)
587 Elder (Cincinnati)
579 Hoover (North Canton)
576 Loveland (Loveland)
566 Cuyahoga Falls (Cuyahoga Falls)
564 Austintown-Fitch (Austintown)
557 St Francis De Sales (Toledo)
556 St Charles (Columbus)
556 Westerville South (Westerville)
555 Riverside (Painesville)
551 Boardman (Youngstown)
548 Wadsworth (Wadsworth)
548 Winton Woods (Cincinnati)
545 Anthony Wayne (Whitehouse)
545 Perry (Massillon)
543 Hudson (Hudson)
543 North Royalton (North Royalton)
541 Little Miami (Morrow)
530 Washington (Massillon)
530 Watkins Memorial (Pataskala)
528 Avon (Avon)
528 Franklin Heights (Columbus)
526 Mayfield (Mayfield Village)
523 Firestone (Akron)
523 Troy (Troy)
521 Kings (Kings Mills)
521 Lakewood (Lakewood)
520 Stebbins (Riverside)
519 Steele (Amherst)
517 Edgewood (Trenton)
517 La Salle (Cincinnati)
514 North Ridgeville (N Ridgeville)
513 Sylvania Northview (Sylvania)
511 Dublin Scioto (Dublin)
509 Olmsted Falls (Olmsted Falls)
509 Twinsburg (Twinsburg)
507 Warren G Harding (Warren)
504 Worthington Kilbourne (Columbus)
499 Licking Heights (Pataskala)
498 Brecksville-Broadview Hts (Broadview Heights)
497 Whetstone (Columbus)
494 Barberton (Barberton)
494 North (Eastlake)
492 Briggs (Columbus)
491 Northland (Columbus)
491 Olentangy (Lewis Center)
491 St John's Jesuit (Toledo)
490 Green (Uniontown)
482 Garfield Heights (Garfield Hts)
480 Waite (Toledo)
476 Xenia (Xenia)
475 Mount Vernon (Mount Vernon)
474 Avon Lake (Avon Lake)
472 Lake (Uniontown)
469 Marion Harding (Marion)
467 Olentangy Berlin (Delaware)
467 Walsh Jesuit (Cuyahoga Falls)
466 Parma (Parma)
465 Canal Winchester (Canal Winchester)
464 Archbishop Hoban (Akron)
463 Fairborn (Fairborn)
459 Anderson (Cincinnati)
459 Nordonia (Macedonia)
455 Fremont Ross (Fremont)
453 Teays Valley (Ashville)
452 Springfield (Holland)
450 Logan (Logan)
449 Ellet (Akron)
448 Harrison (Harrison)
448 Turpin (Cincinnati)
447 North Olmsted (North Olmsted)
444 Big Walnut (Sunbury)
442 Clay (Oregon)
440 Sidney (Sidney)
436 Talawanda (Oxford)
436 Valley Forge (Parma Heights)
436 West (Columbus)
432 Maple Heights (Maple Heights)
429 Kenmore-Garfield (Akron)
429 Lima Senior (Lima)
426 Piqua (Piqua)
424 South (Willoughby)
422 Withrow (Cincinnati)
420 Brush (Lyndhurst)
414 Midview (Grafton)
414 Walnut Ridge (Columbus)
412 University School (Hunting Valley)
408 Bedford (Bedford)
406 Highland (Medina)
406 Lakeside (Ashtabula)
404 Mifflin (Columbus)
404 Theodore Roosevelt (Kent)
404 Westlake (Westlake)
400 Wooster (Wooster)
399 North (Akron)
397 West Carrollton (West Carrollton)
388 John Adams (Cleveland)
388 Normandy (Parma)
387 Whitehall-Yearling (Whitehall)
386 Chillicothe (Chillicothe)
384 Madison (Madison)
375 Mount Healthy (Cincinnati)
375 Tecumseh (New Carlisle)
373 Central Catholic (Toledo)
373 Independence (Columbus)
372 Northwest (Cincinnati)
370 Butler (Vandalia)
370 Sylvania Southview (Sylvania)
370 Western Brown (Mount Orab)
368 Alliance (Alliance)
368 Ashland (Ashland)
368 Madison Comprehensive (Mansfield)
367 South (Columbus)
365 Benedictine (Cleveland)
364 Kenston (Chagrin Falls)
362 Goshen (Goshen)
361 Bowling Green (Bowling Green)
360 Franklin (Franklin)
358 Lincoln West School Of Global Studies (Cleveland)
357 Belmont (Dayton)
357 Carroll (Dayton)
357 Dover (Dover)
357 Padua Franciscan (Parma)
356 Harvey (Painesville)
To big of a gap basketball like football needs another division.
Looks like it is really even to me HAHA 11 schools over 900, around 30 under 400 division I ,how do they come up with this stuff????????????

I see it being pretty tight again this season on the SW side. 2 or 3 losses in league could still win it.

The questions for me are....

Brookville and Monroe, will they have any size and depth to contribute at the 4 and 5 positions?
Bellbrook losing Chew, do they have a guard that can replace him?
Is Valley View going to make any strides are all the football kids playing? They have athletes but do the have enough basketball kids.
Oakwood, how is the team chemistry going to work now that Rubin is gone and not running the show? Plenty of talent.
Is Eaton going to be more of a team, it appears they usually have a senior step up and score/shoot a lot, but that doesn't get them a lot of wins.
Franklin, they don't have the senior leadership, could that be a factor?

Looking forward to the season. Best of luck to all the schools! Hope we get a full season in.

My preseason order:

Franklin
Oakwood
Monroe
Brookville
Valley View
Bellbrook
Eaton

I see it being pretty tight again this season on the SW side. 2 or 3 losses in league could still win it.

Brookville and Monroe, will they have any size and depth to contribute at the 4 and 5 positions?
Is Valley View going to make any strides are all the football kids playing? They have athletes but do the have enough basketball kids.
Oakwood, how is the team chemistry going to work now that Rubin is gone and not running the show? Plenty of talent.
Is Eaton going to be more of a team, it appears they usually have a senior step up and score/shoot a lot, but that doesn't get them a lot of wins.

Looking forward to the season. Best of luck to all the schools! Hope we get a full season in.

My preseason order:

Franklin
Oakwood
Monroe
Brookville
Valley View
Bellbrook
Eaton
If we get to play Franklin will Roll the league this year!! They have size ,speed , depth and can fire the 3's. Size ,NatePaarlberg,6'8",Noah Rich 6'6" Caleb Barnhart 6'3" and excellent rebounder. Speed with Tez Lattimore,Jayden Bennett and Rich . Also pushing for minutes will be CJ James,Izzy Bales, Pierce Bauerle , Alec Kristin and a few others.

Last edited:
If we get to play Franklin will Roll the league this year!! They have size ,speed , depth and can fire the 3's. Size ,NatePaarlberg,6'8",Noah Rich 6'6" Caleb Barnhart 6'3" and excellent rebounder. Speed with Tez Lattimore,Jayden Bennett and Rich . Also pushing for minutes will be CJ James,Izzy Bales, Pierce Bauerle , Alec Kristin and a few others.
Cool how many tournament games will they win

Last edited:

My preseason order:

Franklin
Oakwood
Monroe
Brookville
Valley View
Bellbrook
Eaton
I think Bellbrook will fall off hard without the Chew kid, watched them play last year and absolutely everything went through him, not sure they have another one like him at least not this year. I know Oakwood has the young wing that is pretty good, Maxwell I believe his name is just not sure who is going to help. Eaton and VV probably not much to talk about but will probably have a few games where they play well. Brookville will be a middle of the pack team. Franklin should be good but not a lot of varsity playing time for those kids last year so who knows. Which brings me to my league winners I’ll go with Monroe as long as all the seniors are playing this year. Should be a good year. As for the Buckeye side call it a homer pick but Arrows with Singleton and Shrout are going to be a blast to watch. Carlisle second. MU/WV/Northridge battle it out for 3rd, 4th, 5th. Madison at 6th. And sorry Dixie fans maybe next year it gets better but 7th place it is.

I think Bellbrook will fall off hard without the Chew kid, watched them play last year and absolutely everything went through him, not sure they have another one like him at least not this year. I know Oakwood has the young wing that is pretty good, Maxwell I believe his name is just not sure who is going to help. Eaton and VV probably not much to talk about but will probably have a few games where they play well. Brookville will be a middle of the pack team. Franklin should be good but not a lot of varsity playing time for those kids last year so who knows. Which brings me to my league winners I’ll go with Monroe as long as all the seniors are playing this year. Should be a good year. As for the Buckeye side call it a homer pick but Arrows with Singleton and Shrout are going to be a blast to watch. Carlisle second. MU/WV/Northridge battle it out for 3rd, 4th, 5th. Madison at 6th. And sorry Dixie fans maybe next year it gets better but 7th place it is.
I'm really anxious to see how Shrout does at the Varsity level. I do think he will step in as a Freshman and be a 1st team all league player. If that's the case I do believe that Preble Shawnee has a decent shot at winning the Buckeye side this year. I do think many of the other teams will be very competitive as well, so it will be interesting.

As for the Southwestern side, I do believe it will come down to Monroe or Franklin. My wildcard team is going to be Eaton. I'm not saying they are going to contend to win the division, but I think they will be much improved. I think there is a lot of talent starting to circulate back through their sports programs in the younger classes, and I think you can see that with them being more competitive in football. I think being around .500 and having a couple big wins is definitely possible for them, and I look for them to post their best basketball record they've had in the last 7-8 years.

I'm really anxious to see how Shrout does at the Varsity level. I do think he will step in as a Freshman and be a 1st team all league player. If that's the case I do believe that Preble Shawnee has a decent shot at winning the Buckeye side this year. I do think many of the other teams will be very competitive as well, so it will be interesting.

As for the Southwestern side, I do believe it will come down to Monroe or Franklin. My wildcard team is going to be Eaton. I'm not saying they are going to contend to win the division, but I think they will be much improved. I think there is a lot of talent starting to circulate back through their sports programs in the younger classes, and I think you can see that with them being more competitive in football. I think being around .500 and having a couple big wins is definitely possible for them, and I look for them to post their best basketball record they've had in the last 7-8 years.
Strout just played in a huge invite only tournament in Kansas, with some of the top players from all grades in the country and performed well from what I heard. People thinking this kid is just another player are going to be shocked, as I look at the schedule, I’m not sure the Arrows won’t have the two best players on the floor in most games, most teams have one guy but not another. I can’t think of one other 6’4 point guard in either league this year with a long wingspan again I’m not saying he’s D1 because he’s only a freshman but he’s the best point guard in the league no doubt in my mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.