D4 Reg 16

Indian Hill has played a pretty weak schedule up to this point (best team they have faced so far is the 11 seed in Region 20), but they have been absolutely dominant in doing so, winning by an average score of 53 to 5.

Whether or not they can keep up with Massie in a 4-quarter shootout remains to be seen, but they appear to be the team with the best chance on paper to take them down.

Do not know much about Graham Local. Will they challenge WYO?

McNick/Waverly poses an interesting match-up versus Massie. Waverly will score a ton of points but defensively does not have it. McNick will be very strong defensively versus Massie but offensively might not have it. Waverly is better than New RIchmond which put up 41.

McNick/Waverly poses an interesting match-up versus Massie. Waverly will score a ton of points but defensively does not have it. McNick will be very strong defensively versus Massie but offensively might not have it. Waverly is better than New RIchmond which put up 41.
McNick lost the 3 yr starting QB v Badin on Saturday in the 1st Quarter. The backup is a Sophomore but I believe they are switching a WR to QB for the playoffs. I’m not sure if he has ever played QB. I guess the bye week will give him some time to work it out. The Rockets have lost 3 captains to injury..the QB , their best 2 way lineman and the No.1 RB before the season started. It’s tough for a D4 team to have the kind of depth to make that up. I expect they win their first game at home, the D is pretty good, but afterwards will be difficult.

I think McNick could have been very dangerous in this region. The QB injury will really hurt them. Defensively they are as sound of a team as I've seen this year.

No way. Graham is a wrestling school. This is a rare season for them. They will be out of their league... No pun...

Last edited:
Graham will not get a first down against wyoming

[/

With McNicholas top OL (295lb 6'4) and their QB out, I don't know how far they'll be able to go. They should beat Waverly.

I think the region is pretty exciting at the top this year. Massie obviously, although they lost to Valley View last year and I didn't see that one coming. Maybe a team that scores like VV did last year can do it again to Massie? IH/Wyoming has gone to the Cowboys recently, but it looks like IH might be better on paper at least this year? Would be a great 2-3 matchup if it gets that far. I have incredible ignorance when it comes to Waverly, but I'm going to show my past performance bias and not pick them. I could envision Massie, IH, Wyoming, or maybe Valley View winning the region.

I think the region is pretty exciting at the top this year. Massie obviously, although they lost to Valley View last year and I didn't see that one coming. Maybe a team that scores like VV did last year can do it again to Massie? IH/Wyoming has gone to the Cowboys recently, but it looks like IH might be better on paper at least this year? Would be a great 2-3 matchup if it gets that far. I have incredible ignorance when it comes to Waverly, but I'm going to show my past performance bias and not pick them. I could envision Massie, IH, Wyoming, or maybe Valley View winning the region.
All I know is that Waverly has 10 returners on offense and 10 on Defense. But to me, the competition is a lot weaker in that part of the state. None the less Waverly is a good team with a record to show it and a first round bye voted on by the regions coaches.

With McNicholas top OL (295lb 6'4) and their QB out, I don't know how far they'll be able to go. They should beat Waverly.
Unless Waverly has some extraordinary talent offensively (and they may) I don’t see them beating MCNick , assuming both advance. It is unlikely they have seen a defense as good even minus the big lineman. The question is can the Rocket s create anything offensively? The upside is they will have a game under their belt with the backup QB.

From what I've been able to watch this year, I do think Clinton Massie is the favorite but I like Valley View, Indian Hill, and Wyoming's chances. Clinton Massie is strong offensively but has given up many more points on defense than your typical Falcons team. They're more vulnerable to the spread offense from the games I've watched. Both Valley View and Wyoming are spread based offenses.

Based on the actual bracket, Clinton Massie got a very favorable draw. I would favor them pretty handily over any team they would face all the way to the Regional Final. Some of that is coupled with the fact McNich is probably their best competition but is now really riddled with injuries. In the bottom half of the bracket, Indian Hill and Valley View have the most difficult path to the Regional Final. For one, Valley View would have to rematch a team they've already beaten in Milton Union. The Spartans won that game handily, but I believe Milton Union is better than what they showed. Indian Hill and Valley View potentially face in their second playoff games. I'm assuming the winner of that will then face Wyoming. If Indian Hill or Valley View were to win R16, they would in theory potentially have to beat each other, Wyoming, and Clinton Massie if things were chalk.

The underdog that could make a little run is Eaton. They get a very winnable game against Northridge and then another competitive game in Graham. Perhaps you could say the same about Bethel-Tate with Urbana and Waynesville. Although I think Waynesville beats B-T in round 2. Although McNich is injured, they do have the potential to win their first two playoff games. I would favor them in Rounds 2 and 3.

Unless Waverly has some extraordinary talent offensively (and they may) I don’t see them beating MCNick , assuming both advance. It is unlikely they have seen a defense as good even minus the big lineman. The question is can the Rocket s create anything offensively? The upside is they will have a game under their belt with the backup QB.

Waverly has some athletes, starting quarterback Haydn Shanks who has been the starter since he was a sophomore broke the schools all time passing touchdown record. Alongside him leading receiver is 6’5 3 star Will Futhey who is only a junior. They finally got over the hump and beat one of the best programs in our area Wheelersburg 36-35 in overtime. While the tigers have only won one game in the playoffs the last 4 years and it was in a different region, this team should be up to the challenge

This region is very good and quite possibly contains the state champion. It would be great to be able to see a few of these games live but....hopefully we can see them streamed. I saw Waverly live a few times last year. They finally beat Wheelersburg this year so they are obviously good. Seems like a lot of high octane offenses in this region so the question is who will bring their A game defensively?

From what I've been able to watch this year, I do think Clinton Massie is the favorite but I like Valley View, Indian Hill, and Wyoming's chances. Clinton Massie is strong offensively but has given up many more points on defense than your typical Falcons team. They're more vulnerable to the spread offense from the games I've watched. Both Valley View and Wyoming are spread based offenses.

Based on the actual bracket, Clinton Massie got a very favorable draw. I would favor them pretty handily over any team they would face all the way to the Regional Final. Some of that is coupled with the fact McNich is probably their best competition but is now really riddled with injuries. In the bottom half of the bracket, Indian Hill and Valley View have the most difficult path to the Regional Final. For one, Valley View would have to rematch a team they've already beaten in Milton Union. The Spartans won that game handily, but I believe Milton Union is better than what they showed. Indian Hill and Valley View potentially face in their second playoff games. I'm assuming the winner of that will then face Wyoming. If Indian Hill or Valley View were to win R16, they would in theory potentially have to beat each other, Wyoming, and Clinton Massie if things were chalk.

The underdog that could make a little run is Eaton. They get a very winnable game against Northridge and then another competitive game in Graham. Perhaps you could say the same about Bethel-Tate with Urbana and Waynesville. Although I think Waynesville beats B-T in round 2. Although McNich is injured, they do have the potential to win their first two playoff games. I would favor them in Rounds 2 and 3.
Milton is better but had 8-9 starters out vs the Spartans. You need EVERYONE to beat that team.

I don't like posts like this. Have you watched Waverly? Are you speaking from intelligence or just assuming? McNick is vulnerable to a team like Waverly due to many factors. Main one being experience.

I don't like posts like this. Have you watched Waverly? Are you speaking from intelligence or just assuming? McNick is vulnerable to a team like Waverly due to many factors. Main one being experience.
Most of Mcnicholas team have been starting since they were Sophomores so plenty of experience. I know nothing about Waverly they might stomp McNick. I think the competition the Rockets have played is a level or two above Waverly so they certainly won’t be overwhelmed. In any case we are getting ahead of ourselves and presuming a lot. A plus for Waverly is if this matchup happens it will be on Waverly home turf.

Most of Mcnicholas team have been starting since they were Sophomores so plenty of experience. I know nothing about Waverly they might stomp McNick. I think the competition the Rockets have played is a level or two above Waverly so they certainly won’t be overwhelmed. In any case we are getting ahead of ourselves and presuming a lot. A plus for Waverly is if this matchup happens it will be on Waverly home turf.

this senior class for Waverly is going into their 4th straight post season appearance with many of their main position groups having played a good bit. I get that majority of posters in this site don’t credit Southeast/Southern Ohio football for the quality of play in our area but they did beat a good Granville team and beat a Wheelersburg team who is a perineal program. But this Waverly team plays as a great group and will be up to the challenge

I’ve seen Waverly. They have the ability to give some people problems. Seemed to execute well and have some nice players. Saw them against Wheelersburg. Don’t sleep on them to make a run at it.