DVII Region 25 Final: Lucas @ Warren JFK

Not sure I understand why OHSAA chose to seed a week before the final. We have technology and they waited until Sunday afternoon to officially announce anyway.

1st round matchups this week:

Valley Christian at Lowellville
Lisbon at Plymouth
South central at Fairport Harding
Mapleton at Cuyahoga Heights
Buckeye Central at Wellsville

Lisbon, south central, and especially Buckeye central got some long drives this week.

Gonna go with Valley, Plymouth, South Central, CH, and Wellsville to win

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: The Lucas JVs could beat Valley Christian.

Hey wait! That coach can do what he wants, no matter how stupid, and also, everyone hates JFK and they are ok with it. ???
Do you want his number to call him to voice your displeasure over his vote? I'm sure he would enjoy hearing from some dude on yappi about how it hurt his feelings that his team got voted as a 6 seed rather than a 1 seed like he felt they should. I mean thats what this is all about right? I'll message it too you now and you can tell him yourself about how he doesn't have integrity and all the rest.

Do you want his number to call him to voice your displeasure over his vote? I'm sure he would enjoy hearing from some dude on yappi about how it hurt his feelings that his team got voted as a 6 seed rather than a 1 seed like he felt they should. I mean thats what this is all about right? I'll message it too you now and you can tell him yourself about how he doesn't have integrity and all the rest.
1. Feelings hurt? Save it. This about voting Valley #1, not Lucas as a 6 seed. Period.
2. Send it over. I still cannot fathom how you get butthurt and then try and justify voting Valley #1? Can this coach do no wrong? My Lord. This is bordering on the insane. Any other rational human being would say "ya, it makes no sense", but you, OTOH, think the vote "is what it is". Hello?!?!
Is it the end of the world? Of course not. Is it incredibly ridiculous? Of course it is.

Last edited:
1. Feelings hurt? Save it. This about voting Valley #1, not Lucas as a 6 seed. Period.
2. Send it over. I still cannot fathom how you get butthurt and then try and justify voting Valley #1? Can this coach do no wrong? My Lord. This is bordering on the insane. Any other rational human being would say "ya, it makes no sense", but you, OTOH, think the vote "is what it is". Hello?!?!
Is it the end of the world? Of course not. Is it incredibly ridiculous? Of course it is.
I'm starting to think this goes much deeper than the vote for the seeds in the region. Somewhere in your past you lost a popularity contest and this dredged up a lot of bad feelings. I get it now.

Personally I wouldn't have voted the way the vote went but I if Lucas or anyone else had voted someone else I thought was undeserving #1 I wouldn't be on here throwing a hissy fit like I didn't win prom queen. I would of maybe made one comment about it being odd, one, maybe, and moved on because guess what? IT AFFECTED NOTHING.

I'm starting to think this goes much deeper than the vote for the seeds in the region. Somewhere in your past you lost a popularity contest and this dredged up a lot of bad feelings. I get it now.

Personally I wouldn't have voted the way the vote went but I if Lucas or anyone else had voted someone else I thought was undeserving #1 I wouldn't be on here throwing a hissy fit like I didn't win prom queen. I would of maybe made one comment about it being odd, one, maybe, and moved on because guess what? IT AFFECTED NOTHING.
You're just unable to criticize the guy. A blind follower. I'll say it now...It is what it is.

How good is Southern Local, McDonald, Norwalk St Paul, or Dalton this year? Has anyone seen them play this year in person or for those who live in those communities. What's your opinion of those teams? dnis30 how good was Galion? I know every week Lucas and JFK play up.

How good is Southern Local, McDonald, Norwalk St Paul, or Dalton this year? Has anyone seen them play this year in person or for those who live in those communities. What's your opinion of those teams? dnis30 how good was Galion? I know every week Lucas and JFK play up.
Galion is pretty good. They had some kids suspended for a few weeks, but when all their kids are out there, they are a talented group. They aren't on Shelby's level, but they have a good QB in Wilson Frankhouse and a dang good WR/RB in Donaldson. Their D is rather stingy as well. I was impressed with them. I heard prior to that game that they were getting everyone back. I knew we were in for a battle at their place. We have played all road games, and I think our kids are feeling the effects. The atmosphere will be great for a hopeful round 2 'senior night' in Lucas vs Mapleton or CH.

I have not seen any of the other teams you have mentioned, but I will say that Dalton vs Norwayne score was interesting. Holding Norwayne to 21 is no small feat. They have been boat-racing everyone, including a pretty stout 5-1 Northwestern squad. NSP and McDonald seem to be hitting their stride as well.

Last edited:
My picks:
Valley Christian
Mapleton
Buckeye Central (Played a much tougher schedule than Wellsville)
Plymouth
Fairport Harding

Dalton concerns me most in the region. They look to be the most well rounded team and can cause problems with some athletes.

Southern Local isn't bad, #4 is a good athlete but not as good as his brother was. Last years Southern team was much better.

McDonald is going to play hard but they basically run 3 plays and hope to out athlete you with Hadl and Gilligan. It works against the Waterloos of the world, not so much against the Springfields.

I watched St. Paul and Monroeville. St. Paul is very small but plays very hard and is well coached, as we all know. They do what they do well. It works against your average DVII schools but they are going to run into some schools that are anything but average.

Galion is pretty good. They had some kids suspended for a few weeks, but when all their kids are out there, they are a talented group. They aren't on Shelby's level, but they have a good QB in Wilson Frankhouse and a dang good WR/RB in Donaldson. Their D is rather stingy as well. I was impressed with them. I heard prior to that game that they were getting everyone back. I knew we were in for a battle at their place. We have played all road games, and I think our kids are feeling the effects. The atmosphere will be great for a hopeful round 2 'senior night' in Lucas vs Mapleton or CH.

I have not seen any of the other teams you have mentioned, but I will say that Dalton vs Norwayne score was interesting. Holding Norwayne to 21 is no small feat. They have been boat-racing everyone, including a pretty stout 5-1 Northwestern squad. NSP and McDonald seem to be hitting their stride as well.

I watched Dalton play Norwayne last week. Norwayne had huge advantages across the board when it came to size. I came away really impressed with Dalton. Dalton's line dominated the game for most of the first half. Eventually the talent and size of Norwayne wore them down, but Dalton competed hard till the end of the game. Dalton failed to score on a first and goal situation with about five minutes remaining that would have really made things interesting. If their speedy receiver Jaiden Malone and new quarterback get their timing down on the long balls they will really be tough to defend for anybody in this region. Never want to overlook an undefeated team (Malvern), but it is entirely possible that the region 25 championship could be played week 10 at Warren JFK. JFK and Dalton would be an interesting matchup.

Dalton is very talented. But not many teams have successful runs when:
1) qb change done before last week of regular season (although should have done before season. Took All Ohio receiver and changed his position)
2) 3-4 team leaders/best players suspended for “team rules” week after team no-shows against a very beatable team & loses

They did play well against Norwayne, but Norwayne also did not have to take any chances. Once they established the run there was nothing Dalton could do and Bobcats just ground them down.

Dalton will be tough out in tournament but, barring a major shake up during the bye week, they’re not a Final 4 level team

Dalton is very talented. But not many teams have successful runs when:
1) qb change done before last week of regular season (although should have done before season. Took All Ohio receiver and changed his position)
2) 3-4 team leaders/best players suspended for “team rules” week after team no-shows against a very beatable team & loses

They did play well against Norwayne, but Norwayne also did not have to take any chances. Once they established the run there was nothing Dalton could do and Bobcats just ground them down.

Dalton will be tough out in tournament but, barring a major shake up during the bye week, they’re not a Final 4 level team

I agree regarding their best receiver. He should have never been moved to quarterback. All of these timing issues and such could have been resolved long ago if they started the season this way.

Just saw Southern Local this weekend. Decent. Like JAWS said not as good as last year. #4 is a threat anytime he touches the ball. It looks like they give him the hall about 10-12 times a game. Maybe they'll up that on the playoffs. They will struggle against the top dawgs in the region

Just saw Southern Local this weekend. Decent. Like JAWS said not as good as last year. #4 is a threat anytime he touches the ball. It looks like they give him the hall about 10-12 times a game. Maybe they'll up that on the playoffs. They will struggle against the top dawgs in the region
They play St Paul in their playoff game. I curious how you think they'll do? They look like they have a little bit of size. How are they against the run?

hmmmm....so JFK (#1), St Paul (#8), Dalton (#4) are all better than anyone on the other side of the bracket except for Lucas....funny how that works out.

Since, I'm not on my first bourbon of the night...I'll leave the talking to the others...But suffice it to say...any chance a public has to screw a private...it happens. It's no coincidence that VCS, JFK and St Paul's all playing in each other within 3 games.

Lucas - enjoy your golden path to the Regional championship. The road was paved for you...enjoy the ride.

They play St Paul in their playoff game. I curious how you think they'll do? They look like they have a little bit of size. How are they against the run?
In the EOAC they gave up 100 yards per game against the run. 96 yards passing. Watered down numbers due to the league. Did ok against the number one running threat in the league (Leetonia) until fourth quarter. I'll give the St Paul game a toss up. Southern has more than a punchers chance to win

Last edited:
hmmmm....so JFK (#1), St Paul (#8), Dalton (#4) are all better than anyone on the other side of the bracket except for Lucas....funny how that works out.

Since, I'm not on my first bourbon of the night...I'll leave the talking to the others...But suffice it to say...any chance a public has to screw a private...it happens. It's no coincidence that VCS, JFK and St Paul's all playing in each other within 3 games.

Lucas - enjoy your golden path to the Regional championship. The road was paved for you...enjoy the ride.
Whatever you do, DO NOT bring up voting. The JFK folks are very touchy.

None of the teams in R25 are world beaters including JFK...After watching McDonald, Dalton, Lucas...Region 25 is JFKs to lose

"___________ (insert any R25 team here) is not any good and play a weak schedule."

~ JFK fan

I do not think McDonald is as good as everyone proclaims they are.
#5 is a good runner and has moxie, hard nosed young man
#42 runs hard but more like a FB, hard nosed young man
OLine/Dline is big but doesn't move well on both sides of the ball, doesn't change the line of scrimmage
Teams they play cant match their physicality except for Springfield. Hence the 49-13 score.