Ohio Heritage Conference 2020

I respect the MAC as much as anyone on yappi. Feel free to check my posts over the last few years. But you are delusional if you think 2020 parkway wins the OHC north. The burg has seen their fair share of the MAC over the last two decades and the MAC is the best but their bottom is not better than the OHC top. That’s just nonsense.
Parkway would not win the OHC north lol they'd be lucky to beat Triad

The MAC showed the OHC respect because they know who they want to play. If I had a gun to my head I would pick winless Parkway(They have played close games with most teams in the MAC) to be the OHC Champs if they were in the conference. The MAC is just that good and the prove it year after year. There is a real possibility for Anna to beat West Jeff, Fort Recovery to beat Fairbanks, and #11 seed Minster to make run and beat Mechanicsburg. I think the people who don't realize the huge gap between level of play in these two conferences are going to have their eyes opened big time. If you want to be the best you have to beat the best. It's put up or shut up time.

the higher seeds avoid each other for a longer time, so tell me how the MAC voted OHC teams high so they COULD play them? Go troll somewhere else, asshat.

Greenon comes back to win 21-20.

knights shot themselves in the foot the first half.

good teams find a way to win!

all the respect to Greeneview. gave Greenon everything they could handle, and best of luck against Paint Valley!

If WJ was to beat Anna, the only thing that would be said will be that Anna is down and this is a bottom team in the MAC.
They would not get (ANY) respect or nothing for it, won't happen, never does, just watch, if it happens I said!!!!
I guarantee it!

If West Jeff were to play Anna and if WJ were to beat Anna - WJ really should not get any respect for beating a MAC team. This year’s Anna team is no where near last seasons State Championship team. Until WJ or any other OHC team beats a big time MAC team (primarily Marion Local or Coldwater), it is what it is.

For the FB’Guru’ - you might want to look at knitting or gardening and try to be a guru in that because you knowledge of football horrible.

If West Jeff were to play Anna and if WJ were to beat Anna - WJ really should not get any respect for beating a MAC team. This year’s Anna team is no where near last seasons State Championship team. Until WJ or any other OHC team beats a big time MAC team (primarily Marion Local or Coldwater), it is what it is.

For the FB’Guru’ - you might want to look at knitting or gardening and try to be a guru in that because you knowledge of football horrible.

Wow......well I would wait for the results before saying things like my knowledge is limited. West Jeff is a decent team but after watching their game against Fairbanks they are finesse. Which is crazy to say with WJ always being known as a tough hard nosed team in the past. I wandered how Triad an extremely undersized team with minimal depth held WJ to only 26 points. The Fairbanks game showed me everything I needed to know. West Jeff wanted to throw as much as possible. While they have a good QB and some pretty good receivers they have to have some sort of constant ground game to beat teams that can minimize their air attack. A team like Anna will be good enough to force them to run the ball and I am not sure they will choose to even if they have opportunity. They seem to really want to throw no matter what. Against Triad their first thought should have been to run the ball with their physical advantage instead they threw the ball which kept Triad in the game because Triad does have a few athletes on the outside that can defend the pass. Also WJ was giving up 6-7 yards a carry to Fairbanks as well. They were fortunate the FHS staff didn't stick with the run game. Again a team with good coaching like Anna will continue to run. Is West Jeff talented enough to win games like Anna? Sure...but they need to get tougher and put more infuses on the run game. You can beat the Triads and Fairbanks's of the world playing back yard football but if you don't have an unstoppable QB teams that are physical that tackle well and play mistake free football like MAC schools will beat you every time. Also if WJ would win that game they should get all the credit in the world. MAC schools are not super heroes they just do the little things and refuse to beat themselves. A win over any group that operates that way is always a feather in the cap.

Last edited:
Guru - You state that a 1-5 Anna whose lone victory is 1 pt over 0-6 Parkway and whose best loss was 20 pts to 4-2 Versailles in week 1 has a “real possibility to beat WJ”. WJ lone loss was 8 pts to a good Mechanicsburg team. So yea, some of the things you mentioned about WJ are true but you are way off on the Anna comment.

In the Ft Recovery vs Fairbanks - yes, I would put 2-4 Ft as a favorite over 4-2 Fairbanks because they have been competitive in their 4 losses to good teams while Fairbanks has not been competitive in their 2 losses to good teams.

Guru - You state that a 1-5 Anna whose lone victory is 1 pt over 0-6 Parkway and whose best loss was 20 pts to 4-2 Versailles in week 1 has a “real possibility to beat WJ”. WJ lone loss was 8 pts to a good Mechanicsburg team. So yea, some of the things you mentioned about WJ are true but you are way off on the Anna comment.

In the Ft Recovery vs Fairbanks - yes, I would put 2-4 Ft as a favorite over 4-2 Fairbanks because they have been competitive in their 4 losses to good teams while Fairbanks has not been competitive in their 2 losses to good teams.
Don’t pay him any attention WJOSU. He is looking for a baseless argument. I haven’t heard anyone on here bragging about the OHC or talking bad about the MAC. He is a troll. The MAC is the best, hands down. But I promise WJ and the Burg are respected by coldwater, Minster, fort, and Anna.

Picks for Round 1 of the Playoffs
D5:
Madison Plains- 36 East Clinton- 14

D6:
Deer Park- 35 Northeastern- 20
Triad- 22 National Trail- 20

D7:
Lehman Catholic- 24 South Chuck- 14
Cedarville- 32 Mississinawa Valley- 16

Byes- Greenon (Taft/Meadowdale), Mechanicsburg (Northeastern/Deer Park), Greeneview (Paint Valley), Fairbanks (Fort Recovery), West Jefferson (Anna/Miami East), West Liberty Salem (Mariemont/Reading)

Catholic Central- 28 Bradford- 22

D5:

D6:

D7:

Byes- Greenon (Taft/Meadowdale), Mechanicsburg (Northeastern/Deer Park), Greeneview (Paint Valley), Fairbanks (Fort Recovery), West Jefferson (Anna/Miami East), West Liberty Salem (Mariemont/Reading)

Anna and Miami East play this Saturday night, winner plays West Jefferson

I think West Jeff has a great shot at finally ending the OHC drought vs the MAC when they likely play Anna next week. That's a bag of mixed emotions for us *est. 2001* OHC fans. I feel like Mechancisburg or WLS deserve that feat. If the MAC clean sweeps the OHC this year, we may never break it.

D5:

D6:

D7:

Deer Park won't beat NE.

D5:

D6:

D7:

I believe the OHC has a chance at an opening round sweep. Lehman is no where near what they've been, I think Southeastern will get them. East Clinton is going to be a challenge for MP. I agree that I think Northeastern beats Deer Park (close though).

West Jefferson has some very talented classes coming up you mix these classes together and you will have a team to knock off the mac