Down Goes Footlocker Nationals XC

Why would you say that?

Since Nike, they have been sharing top athletes at best and losing more each year. They have publically shared that they have not really had the prestige that they want and have had in the past. I also think there are a lot of meets, approaches to all sports, and even sports themselves that are happy to use the pandemic as a way to make cuts without publically looking like the bad guy. I think we are just starting to see the fallout from it all with much more to come. Didn't New Balance drop outdoor nationals? Although I think that decision was pre pandemic wasn't it? So, it would not suprise me if Footlocker is one of the casualties.

Since Nike, they have been sharing top athletes at best and losing more each year. They have publically shared that they have not really had the prestige that they want and have had in the past. I also think there are a lot of meets, approaches to all sports, and even sports themselves that are happy to use the pandemic as a way to make cuts without publically looking like the bad guy. I think we are just starting to see the fallout from it all with much more to come. Didn't New Balance drop outdoor nationals? Although I think that decision was pre pandemic wasn't it? So, it would not suprise me if Footlocker is one of the casualties.
I hope you're are wrong, no offense intended. The kids & sport need events & sponsors like these.

I agree with the above. Nike nats killed Footlocker nats.

Flotrack would be the perfect sponsor to take over the Footlocker nationals.

It will be interesting to see how New Balance staging it's own indoor/outdoor track nationals in the same geographic area affects the longstanding NSAF meets.

Does NASF have a sponsor yet? I know they have run it themselves at one time but have seemed to enjoy one of the shoe companies investment.

The National Scholastic Athletic Foundation has announced its intention to step into the cross country arena and offer its own championship race this November. A newly-formed cross country race titled the XC Town Meet of Champions will be a 5K race on Nov. 15 at the La Vern Gibson Course in Terre Haute, Indiana.

Is Nike still taking place?

I don't think that Woodridge is as strong as last year but I would like to see them in a meet with St X, Lakota West, Davidson, and Kenston. Hopefully all will race in Terre Haute. I know that Mason is ranked higher than West or Kenston but I'm betting that both finish higher at State and West will beat Mason at the GMC meet next week. Woodridge beats Mason even if Mason has their top 7 but St X looks to be the best team in Ohio at this point.