Division VII Seedings & Playoffs, All Regions Discussion

dnis30

WE ARE LUCAS.
After examining the regions, these are my determinations:

R25 - Lucas or JFK. Dalton/McDonald are dark horses who could shock one/both. JFK votes = Bulletin board material. Call me homer. Give me Lucas.
R26 - Lima Central Catholic. That is all. Arlington might be able to stay within 3-4 TDS of them, but in the end, LCC has way too much talent.
R27 - Total toss-up. Trimble is not two year's ago Trimble. Newark Catholic looks pretty decent. River is a dark horse. I like East Knox to advance.
R28 - MSML or FL. I believe this may be Fort's year. Local NEVER loses in D7. I'll probably get hate for this, but give me Fort Loramie to the final 4.

Thoughts? Am I leaving anyone out?

Last edited:

R25 - Lucas or JFK. Dalton/McDonald are dark horses who could shock one/both. JFK votes = Bulletin board material. Call me homer. Give me Lucas.
R26 - Lima Central Catholic. That is all. Arlington might be able to stay within 3-4 TDS of them, but in the end, LCC has way too much talent.
R27 - Total toss-up. Trimble is not two year's ago Trimble. Newark Catholic looks pretty decent. River is a dark horse. I like East Knox to advance.
R28 - MSML or FL. I believe this may be Fort's year. Local NEVER loses in D7. I'll probably get hate for this, but give me Fort Loramie to the final 4.

Ah the old bulletin board material schtick. Lol. Wondered how long it would take you post that. First time this year you've broken that one out I do believe.

If I had to pick today who I think will win each region itd be:

R25: JFK

R26: Lima CC

R27: Trimble. I wonder what the state's reaction would be if Newark Catholic won it and there was 3 catholic schools in the final 4.

R28: After the TV/FL result tonight, I'm leaving this open.

Last edited:
Region 25: JFK over McDonald.

Region 26: LCC over Arlington

Region 27: Newark Catholic over Trimble

Region 28: Fort Loramie over Marion Local

Ah the old bulletin board material schtick. Lol. Wondered how long it would take you post that. First time this year you've broken that one out I do believe.
Don't think for one second our coach won't be using that. He will. He does it all the time. Your coaches should be embarrassed, BTW.

Last edited:
Don't think for one second our coach won't be using that. He will. He does it all the time. Your coaches should be embarrassed, BTW.
That's great for Disney sports movies and all, but if a team needs motivation to play a game on how a vote went then.....

I don't know how or why the voting went the way it did. Couldn't really care any less. Neither should Lucas, they're still the 2 seed.

That's great for Disney sports movies and all, but if a team needs motivation to play a game on how a vote went then.....

I don't know how or why the voting went the way it did. Couldn't really care any less. Neither should Lucas, they're still the 2 seed.
Disney movie analogy = (y) ok, lol

You don't know how or why your coaches voted Valley Christian #1 because their is no reasonable excuse for it. It makes the coaches seem mentally deficient. It was total absurdity and made a mockery of the system. Inexcusable, IMO.

Last edited:

we will get an early regional final preview with Arlington and LCC this weekend. I still think LCC is way to athletic.

My picks:
R25- JFK over Lucas in the Regional Finals
R26- LCC over Patrick Henry--how PH was the 11th seed is mind boggling! Patrick Henry was a state semi finalist last year--play all bigger schools during the regular season.
R27- East Knox over Newark Catholic in the regional finals
R28- Marion Local over New Bremen in the regional finals

I was very suprised on a couple things.
1. The voting was made public. You don't see that in baseball or basketball
2. Just the lack of integrity by some coaches in the state.
- People purposely low balling teams is very disappointing.

Examples:
1. Lima Perry the 3 seed in region 26 is a joke....their conference is awful.
2. St. Henry the 6 seed in region 28 is also a joke. They would beat Tri Village and Riverside by 30+ if they played.
3. You can say what you want, but Norwalk St. Paul being the 8 was shocking to me..

There were coaches in d7 that didn't care to do their research. Lot of good coaches did things that I just don't agree with. I understand there is strategy, but be ethical, be honest. That is what you ask of your kids, you should do the same thing. Schedules matter, I would take NB at 3-2 or SH at 3-2 over half if not 85%-90% of the 5-0, 4-1 teams.....

...The lack of integrity by some coaches in the state.
...People purposely low balling teams is very disappointing.
...I understand there is strategy, but be ethical, be honest. That is what you ask of your kids, you should do the same thing.
Amen, brother.

You don't know how or why your coaches voted Valley Christian #1 because their is no reasonable excuse for it. It makes the coaches seem mentally deficient. It was total absurdity and made a mockery of the system. Inexcusable, IMO.
Then they need to find another way. When coaches are involved it always happens. In baseball there are coaches that conspire with other coaches to vote one way or the other. It is what it is. In the end it really doesn’t matter. All the top teams basically have 2-3 bye weeks with all the teams they let in. Does it really matter if JFK is the 1 or 2 when they play Lucas as the 1 or 2.

Then they need to find another way. When coaches are involved it always happens. In baseball there are coaches that conspire with other coaches to vote one way or the other. It is what it is. In the end it really doesn’t matter. All the top teams basically have 2-3 bye weeks with all the teams they let in. Does it really matter if JFK is the 1 or 2 when they play Lucas as the 1 or 2.
It's about integrity. Voting Valley Christian number one shows they have none.

The keep wringing your hands over it while discussing it in your knitting circle. I don't know what to tell you. I'm sure it will be the rallying cry for you guys if and when Kennedy and Lucas get to play. I'd worry more about the Xs and Os than where we got voted on a popularity contest that mattered little to none in the end, but hey that's me.

The keep wringing your hands over it while discussing it in your knitting circle. I don't know what to tell you. I'm sure it will be the rallying cry for you guys if and when Kennedy and Lucas get to play. I'd worry more about the Xs and Os than where we got voted on a popularity contest that mattered little to none in the end, but hey that's me.
Knitting circle? SMH. Ok?

Anyways, IMO, it shows a lack of honest respect, a serious lack of integrity and a questionable intellect. Lucas voted JFK #1, and they got it right. Your coaches voted Valley Christian #1, and you defend it. Bad look, bro. But hey, it'll all play out on the field.

Anyways, IMO, it shows a lack of honest respect, a serious lack of integrity and a questionable intellect. Lucas voted JFK #1, and they got it right. Your coaches voted Valley Christian #1, and you defend it. Bad look, bro. But hey, it'll all play out on the field.
Because Lucas couldn't vote for themselves at #1. None of this matters in the end. Lucas will be ready and it will be settled on the field. JFK kids better wake up, just rolling your helmet out there won't get you a win. And JFK people need their heads examined if they are comparing this current D to the 2016 defense. Attitude, passion, and desire are not even close. Turn it on or go home

we will get an early regional final preview with Arlington and LCC this weekend. I still think LCC is way to athletic.

My picks:
R26- LCC over Patrick Henry--how PH was the 11th seed is mind boggling! Patrick Henry was a state semi finalist last year--play all bigger schools during the regular season.

Examples:
2. St. Henry the 6 seed in region 28 is also a joke. They would beat Tri Village and Riverside by 30+ if they played.
3. You can say what you want, but Norwalk St. Paul being the 8 was shocking to me..

There were coaches in d7 that didn't care to do their research. Lot of good coaches did things that I just don't agree with. I understand there is strategy, but be ethical, be honest. That is what you ask of your kids, you should do the same thing. Schedules matter, I would take NB at 3-2 or SH at 3-2 over half if not 85%-90% of the 5-0, 4-1 teams.....
What boggles my mind is the fact that Patrick Henry was matched up with... VANLUE ?‍♂️

Because Lucas couldn't vote for themselves at #1. None of this matters in the end. Lucas will be ready and it will be settled on the field. JFK kids better wake up, just rolling your helmet out there won't get you a win. And JFK people need their heads examined if they are comparing this current D to the 2016 defense. Attitude, passion, and desire are not even close. Turn it on or go home
That's the truth, man.

In the big picture, it's certainly not the end of the world, but I still cannot believe that fanboys rationalize voting the worst team in the region at #1. It boggles the mind.

I have no dog in the fight, but voting Valley Christian at #1 was total bush league. He did it to help his own team where he thought it would be a close vote for #1.

AMEN

My picks:

Examples:

PH will not beat Arlington. PH was very senior dominated last year, and their still competitive, but IMO not physical enough to handle Arlington.

I have no dog in the fight, but voting Valley Christian at #1 was total bush league. He did it to help his own team where he thought it would be a close vote for #1.
Quite frankly, their base should be embarrassed/furious. What a horrible look.

Interesting you discuss St. Henry being voted 6. According to the seed voting, St. Henry voted Lehman as the 5 seed, and Riverside as the 12 seed. Even though Riverside beat Lehman 39-7 in week 2. But yeah, let’s not discuss Mac integrity...

Interesting you discuss St. Henry being voted 6. According to the seed voting, St. Henry voted Lehman as the 5 seed, and Riverside as the 12 seed. Even though Riverside beat Lehman 39-7 in week 2. But yeah, let’s not discuss Mac integrity...

To be honest I did not catch that. That is a very interesting tid bit tho

I dont have a dog in the fight per se, Im not a coach, but I have seen both Riverside and Perry. Perry is legit. Their QB would probably start at any other school he attended and their skill players are also kids who would start at any other school they attend.

Regarding Riverside, Kale Long is a man. He can do it all on the field and from what I've heard is likely West Point bound. Riverside beat Lehman with ease and their lone loss was to Perry whose defense totally bottled up Riverside.

Those two are legit and in Perry's case the undefeated record earned them the 3 seed.

Throw Waynesfield Goshen into the mix right now and you have a 13-1 combined record and granted everyone is playing conference opponents basically. Roster numbers are not at the MAC level in the NWCC and thats ok. Thankfully the teams are still playing 11 man.

Not that bad for a "weak" conference.

I dont have a dog in the fight per se, Im not a coach, but I have seen both Riverside and Perry. Perry is legit. Their QB would probably start at any other school he attended and their skill players are also kids who would start at any other school they attend.

Regarding Riverside, Kale Long is a man. He can do it all on the field and from what I've heard is likely West Point bound. Riverside beat Lehman with ease and their lone loss was to Perry whose defense totally bottled up Riverside.

Those two are legit and in Perry's case the undefeated record earned them the 3 seed.

Throw Waynesfield Goshen into the mix right now and you have a 13-1 combined record and granted everyone is playing conference opponents basically. Roster numbers are not at the MAC level in the NWCC and thats ok. Thankfully the teams are still playing 11 man.

Not that bad for a "weak" conference.

Everyone has their opinion, but I will set the over/under on playoff wins for this conference at 3.5 for the post season. I will also add a prop bet at the losing score of all second round games will be by double digits.

Only game that worries me is Riverside vs Tri Village--we will know more tonight.

That's the truth, man.

In the big picture, it's certainly not the end of the world, but I still cannot believe that fanboys rationalize voting the worst team in the region at #1. It boggles the mind.
Nobody rationilized anything, I stated that I didn't know why they voted they way they did. Not my concern. I commented on your bulletin board material obsession that you use all the time.

My picks:

Examples:

Nobody rationilized anything, I stated that I didn't know why they voted they way they did. Not my concern. I commented on your bulletin board material obsession that you use all the time.
Obsession? Lol. Wouldn't go that far. I do think our coach uses it often. I don't blame him. It's a decent tactic.