2020 Scores

Yappi

Go Buckeyes
We'll start with a thread for scores this season. If we start to get enough activity, we could move to a daily scores thread. Just need alot of participation for that to happen...

9/5 Tallmadge over Wadsworth 25-19, 17-25, 17-25, 25-21, 19-17

Anyone have a score of matches other than a Tallmadge match?

Im here and will try to post more often. Im most familiar with Cincinnati area and specifically the GGCL. Normal contenders are likely to be MND and Ursuline.
Mount Notre Dame 5 - 0 & 10 - 0
Seton 3 - 1 & 8 - 1
Ursuline Academy 2 - 2 & 7 - 2
St. Ursula 1 - 4 & 7 - 4
Mercy McAuley 0 - 4 & 4 - 4

Massillon Washington defeated Canton McKinley 3-0. This was the 5th victory for the Lady Tigers in a row against the Bulldogs.

Im here and will try to post more often. Im most familiar with Cincinnati area and specifically the GGCL. Normal contenders are likely to be MND and Ursuline.
Seton 3 - 1 & 8 - 1
St. Ursula 1 - 4 & 7 - 4
Mercy McAuley 0 - 4 & 4 - 4

In NEO it is still the same cast of characters, former NCL members Padua, NDCL, and Gilmour. Padua is still the primary player in Div I but I don't think they are as strong as LY and the GGCL school, probably MND, that heads to Dayton should be the favorite in Div I. It will be interesting to see how Div II plays out as Gilmour probably has a deeper team but NDCL has arguably the best player in the state in Caroline Jurevicius, Joe's daughter. Hard to get a good read on NDCL though as they were shut down for a couple weeks be3cause of a Covid case so I would not read too much into the recent result against Gilmour.

Seton 4 - 1 & 10 - 1
St. Ursula 1 - 5 & 8 - 6
Mercy McAuley 0 - 4 & 5 - 4

This weeks schedule...

TUESDAY
Mount Notre Dame at Lakota West 06:00 PM Lakota West HS
St. Ursula at Mercy McAuley 06:30 PM
Seton at Ursuline Academy 06:30 PM Ursuline

THURSDAY
Mount Notre Dame at Seton 06:30 PM Seton High School
Ursuline Academy at St. Ursula 06:30 PM St. Ursula
Mercy McAuley at Notre Dame, KY 07:00 PM Notre Dame, KY

SATURDAY
Assumption (KY) at St. Ursula 12:00 PM
Mount Notre Dame at St. Francis DeSales 01:00 PM St. Francis DeSales
Padua at Ursuline Academy 01:00 PM Ursuline
Assumption at Seton 06:00 PM
Mercy McAuley at Sycamore 06:00 PM Sycamore

RESULTS FROM TUESDAY, SEPTEMBER 29, 2020
St. Ursula d. Mercy McAuley 25-18, 25-22, 25-15
Seton d. Ursuline Academy 17-25, 25-13, 25-15, 25-15
Mount Notre Dame d. Lakota West 25-22, 25-14, 25-15

RESULTS MONDAY, SEPTEMBER 28, 2020
Mercy McAuley d. Mason 25-20, 25-17, 25-22

I only included Monday's results to illustrate how incredibly difficult this GGCL is from top to bottom. Mason is the first place team and has not lost a set in the GMC all season. Mercy McAuley beat them 3-0 and is undefeated outside the league.

Current league standings are as follows:
Mount Notre Dame 5 - 0 & 11-0
Seton 5 - 1 & 11 - 1
Ursuline Academy 2 - 3 & 7 - 3
St. Ursula 2 - 5 & 9 - 6
Mercy McAuley 0 - 5 & 6 - 5

Last edited:
RESULTS FROM TUESDAY, SEPTEMBER 29, 2020
St. Ursula d. Mercy McAuley 25-18, 25-22, 25-15
Seton d. Ursuline Academy 17-25, 25-13, 25-15, 25-15
Mount Notre Dame d. Lakota West 25-22, 25-14, 25-15

RESULTS MONDAY, SEPTEMBER 28, 2020
Mercy McAuley d. Mason 25-20, 25-17, 25-22

I only included Monday's results to illustrate how incredibly difficult this GGCL League is from top to bottom. Mason is the first place team and has not lost a set in the GMC all season. Mercy McAuley beat them 3-0 and is undefeated outside the league.

Current league standings are as follows:
Mount Notre Dame 5 - 0 & 11-0
Seton 5 - 1 & 11 - 1
Ursuline Academy 2 - 3 & 7 - 3
St. Ursula 2 - 5 & 9 - 6
Mercy McAuley 0 - 5 & 6 - 5

Similar situation in NEO with the old North Coast League but instead of Div I its Div II.

A lot of tradition at these schools too, many of these girls moms played at the same schools and this also seems to be the case in the MAC schools. Must be something in the holy water :)

Seton beat MND is straight sets last evening and (with one game remaining at home vs MM) it looks like they are going to at least share the GGCL championship with one another. I've no idea the last time Seton won the league ( or Ursuline finishing 3rd & SUA 4th). Has to be almost 15 years ago. These 4 and maybe all 5, are probably the best teams in the region. Not sure if Dayton has anyone who could beat these team in a best of 5 match.

Seton 6 - 1 & 12 - 1
Mount Notre Dame 5 - 1 & 11 - 1
Ursuline Academy 3 - 3 & 8 - 3
St. Ursula 2 - 6 & 9 - 7
Mercy McAuley 0 - 5 & 6-5

Seton beat MND is straight sets last evening and (with one game remaining at home vs MM) it looks like they are going to at least share the GGCL championship with one another. I've no idea the last time Seton won the league ( or Ursuline finishing 3rd & SUA 4th). Has to be almost 15 years ago.

Right, the GGCL website only has data back to 2007 and until this year Seton has been in the bottom two for all 13 prior years and the very bottom for 7 of those. Don't confuse it with a Cinderella season though, I'd think this should be expected when you bring in a National Club Director for your new coach (and it certainly wouldn't bode well for TSE business if Seton remained at the bottom of the league either). Solid return on investment by Seton (ironically replacing UA at the top after their coach - who happens to be a Seton alumni - left this year).

Also worth noting the loss for MND 3 days after burying their teammates brother was probably a little expected too, if they meet again in the regional I'd still expect a battle closer to the first game back in early September.

Seton High School is your 2020 GCL League Champs! Congrats to the Saints! It was going to be interesting to see how the seeds shook out (and who got first place) on Sunday if Seton and MND were both tied for first place. However, with MND losing to Ursuline and finishing with two league losses, Seton gets the number one seed.

Im sure it wont happen, but I absolutely believe the top 5 seeds should be each GGCL schools. Again, no way the public school teams in the area vote for the last place team in the GGCL over a first place team in their own conference, but they should.

Seton 7 - 1 & 14 - 1
Mount Notre Dame 5 - 2 & 12 - 2
Ursuline Academy 5 - 3 & 11 - 4
St. Ursula 2 - 6 & 11 - 7
Mercy McAuley 0 - 7 & 7 - 8

Last edited: