Trends You Find Excruciatingly Annoying

Back to your old ways? Someone brings up a point you apparently hadn't considered so they must have ulterior motives for contradicting you? It's not naivete being displayed. It's knowledge of the game. You just spent several posts declaring the horridity of this messaging and now you fall back on "most people dont care?"

Well, that's what I said. They won't lose those customers but potentially will gain those that want to see that messaging.

It may be ineffective but if your own logic is correct, then it will work. As I said, if it doesn't, they'll be looking for new contracts. But their job is to get it right so I'm thinking they may know what they're doing. It's not just a matter of sending the message. It's the possible repercussions if you're the one NOT sending the messaging. THAT's the reality we're living in.

No, it’s not that I haven’t considered it, I just know who I’m dealing with and know what is and isn’t the case.

And I didn’t say people don’t care, they do or it wouldn’t be such a hot topic. What I said was most of the time people don’t pay so much attention to advertising. But go ahead and intentionally misrepresent my point.

The product is secondary. Even if they lost customers (and some have), they’ll just claim racism or homophobia and continue to virtue signal. They’re at the mercy of the minority mob.

People still saying the year as "Two-thousand-twenty". It's "Twenty-twenty". Next year is "Twenty-twenty-one".

One hundred years ago it was not "One-thousand-nine-hundred-and-twenty".

Probably, "Nineteen hundred and twenty". That, actually, is more likely what was said.

People say "Two-thousand-twenty" because NO ONE says, "Twenty-hundred" for 2000 under any circumstances. It would be like the Russian spy outing himself by asking for a six-pack of Stroh's. Try again.

On the issue of commercials, I find that the majority of them feature a black man and a white woman, usually a blonde. Talk about stereotypes.

Nothing exudes black success like landing a blonde white woman, amirite?! THAT is how you get a black man to buy something, dammit!!

I cannot stand that we have normalized comparing people who are just a little fat to people like Lizzo who are clearly extremely unhealthy. Morbid obesity is not something to celebrate.
What if it is a nearly normal top half on a Lizzo butt and thighs ? That is obviously what he meant....

I find all of these Prom-posals (homecoming too) to be very annoying. Especially the kids who are already dating. When we were in school if you had a girlfriend at homecoming or prom time it was just assumed you were going together, no need for a big production. I tell my recently graduated daughter that they are setting themselves up for disappointment when it comes time for real, meaningful proposals.
Insta-snap-per has made li'l posers of them all. Silly.

I wonder if anyone has done a survey on whether these wedding extraganzas lead to a marriage that lasts more than five years. Sonny's in The Godfather did not even make it to one (of course there were extenuating cicumstances.)

I wonder if anyone has done a survey on whether these wedding extraganzas lead to a marriage that lasts more than five years. Sonny's in The Godfather did not even make it to one (of course there were extenuating cicumstances.)
An average marriage would probably get greater benefit from spending on the honeymoon than on the wedding and reception.

This is a weird one for me, because I can hardly be described as a fashion-conscious person. But since when do brown shoes go with blue suits? For centuries, it seems, those dictating such trends have always decried that as an ultimate fashion faux pas. Now, all of a sudden, it's OK? I still thinks it looks like hell even though I was forced to wear exactly that at my son's wedding recently.

This is part of an over all move to casual dress in the 2000s. It all started with casual Fridays in the late '90s when you could wear denim to an office on that one day, now you go to a gig economy company and my frat house in the '80s dressed more sophisticated than these folks. I had a business meeting at Amazon a couple years ago where the Sr. level Manager wore a T-Shirt with a huge pot leaf on it and shorts to an important meeting; my collogue who was meeting with him for the 1st time almost sheet in his pants. It was also an unwritten rule that you suited up for a wedding and a funeral, I was at a recent pre-covid funeral where a 20 something girl was waiting in a viewing line wearing a pastel colored romper. Some older guy went over and gave her a hard time and she went on about shaming and then left, while there was not a big deal made when it went down many went to said older dude after going through the line and thanked him.

Which state do you make the booze run to in the van from NWO ?

Border patrol can smell a keg, not kidding. Know several been caught, some more than once. We learn hard here. As kids, Starcraft up to Michigan, dock, buy, head to an island. Coastal would get you but 3.2 in Michigan was legal so we weren't worth the trouble.

When my office started casual Friday it started out for the men as polo shirts and khakis. The women wore a pants suit. It soon degenerated to what I called streetperson Friday. The women in old sweats, and the men in t-shirts with one or two holes in them and shorts that must have been 10 years old.

This is part of an over all move to casual dress in the 2000s. It all started with casual Fridays in the late '90s when you could wear denim to an office on that one day, now you go to a gig economy company and my frat house in the '80s dressed more sophisticated than these folks. I had a business meeting at Amazon a couple years ago where the Sr. level Manager wore a T-Shirt with a huge pot leaf on it and shorts to an important meeting; my collogue who was meeting with him for the 1st time almost sheet in his pants. It was also an unwritten rule that you suited up for a wedding and a funeral, I was at a recent pre-covid funeral where a 20 something girl was waiting in a viewing line wearing a pastel colored romper. Some older guy went over and gave her a hard time and she went on about shaming and then left, while there was not a big deal made when it went down many went to said older dude after going through the line and thanked him.
I can't agree more. Dress now adays is horrible. No respect.