SW Ohio Early Front Runners

Mine hasn’t changed:

1. St X - beat Walsh Jesuit 1-0 to go 4-0
2. Mason - Beat a pretty bad Little Miami team that also got pounded by Kings. We will see if they stay there, I think there are better teams
3. Sycamore - Beat Elder 6-1
4. Moeller - Beat Lasalle 4-3 after being down 3-0. Great comeback. Moellers defense is vulnerable, but have a very good keeper.
5. Milford - Beat W. Clermont 4-2 (the game was not close though)
6. Loveland - Could be a sleeper in my opinion and quietly racking up wins. Beat Turpin 3-0.
7. Anderson

Toss up after that for me.

The official polls are out, but here is my unofficial D1 Cincinnati poll:

1. St X - 7-0 with win over LaSalle without starting Senior midfielder (injury). Lose Another senior starting mid to a late red card in this match
2. Mason - 6-0, other than Moeller have they played any significant competition yet?
3. Sycamore - 5-0-1, probably the strongest strength of schedule of the games played so far this season
4. Moeller - 2-1-2 tie Elder
5. Anderson - 3-2-1 beats Milford
6. Milford - 4-1-1 loses to Anderson - I didn’t see this game but I still think Anderson is well coached, and scrappy so good win for them
7. Loveland - 4-2-2 - Have some talented players that seem to be under utilized

Complete toss up after that from the games I have seen. Am I missing any teams that are doing well that should be on the list?

The official polls are out, but here is my unofficial D1 Cincinnati poll:

1. St X - 7-0 with win over LaSalle without starting Senior midfielder (injury). Lose Another senior starting mid to a late red card in this match
2. Mason - 6-0, other than Moeller have they played any significant competition yet?
3. Sycamore - 5-0-1, probably the strongest strength of schedule of the games played so far this season
4. Moeller - 2-1-2 tie Elder
5. Anderson - 3-2-1 beats Milford
6. Milford - 4-1-1 loses to Anderson - I didn’t see this game but I still think Anderson is well coached, and scrappy so good win for them
7. Loveland - 4-2-2 - Have some talented players that seem to be under utilized

Complete toss up after that from the games I have seen. Am I missing any teams that are doing well that should be on the list?

you can make a case for Kings being in there. 4-2-1 with losses to Sycamore and Mason. There 4 wins are not impressive, however, so the jury may still be out on them. They have yet to play any of the tough ECC schools.

you can make a case for Kings being in there. 4-2-1 with losses to Sycamore and Mason. There 4 wins are not impressive, however, so the jury may still be out on them. They have yet to play any of the tough ECC schools.

Good call. I have seen them play, and would definitely put them in 8th. Thanks for the reminder!

Good call. I have seen them play, and would definitely put them in 8th. Thanks for the reminder!
I would agree. They have some talented players and are WAY young (lots of sophomores when they announced the team). I'm wondering how depth of roster is going to come into play, now that players are starting to get quarantined. Kings will struggle then.

Loveland 2 - Kings 1

This was a close game. One of the two goals for Loveland should definitely have been saved. Slow roller that went through keepers legs. The other goal for Loveland should likely have been saved as well. Looked like a goal that you see in a youth game that is a cross that floats closer to goal than intended and sneaks in the back post, except the keeper definitely had the height to deal with it. Loveland takes what looked like a bad injury near the end of the game to one of their best defenders, so hope he is ok.

you may have failed to read the top of my post that stated “most talent in D2 and D3 is in Dayton”.

When it comes to Cincy Wyoming and Summit have started to pull away from the pack.

When it comes to Dayton Monroe is atop with Tipp, Bellbrook, Alter, and Oakwood behind them.
Oakwood Tied Monroe at Monroe and beat Carroll 3-0 last night. Monroe beat Bellbrook 2-1. Last year, Monroe was in the Cincy district not Dayton, not sure where (IF?) they will be this season, as I still have not heard anything about a post season. Alter is down, having lost to Monroe and to Carroll by a bunch. Can;t count them at if there is a tourney.. but they have not played well to date.
Anyone have any ideas if Hamilton Ross is playing well, I recall them being young and talented last season?

Monroe is classified as a MVSSCA team... while Wyoming and Summit are recognizably the best teams in Cincy. Another aspect we need to take into account this year is that a scoreline doesn't always reflect the game in soccer.
But They played in the Cincinnati District, not in Dayton District.

Monroe is in Dayton this year in the central division. Only two teams make it out out of the following

Monroe
Ross
Bellbrook

Cincinnati has two as well with the clear favorites being Summit and Wyoming.

then there is the north which will more than likely be Tipp and ???

The central region is very strong this year. A shame only two will be playing in a district final.

Last edited:
Greenon beat TC 4-0. TV just couldn’t put it together tonight, Greenon took advantage and won.

TC after a furious start is hitting a dry spell here. Could of lost to Miami East, surprise blowout lost to Greenon, and a tie a DC team your 4 goals better than by comparing results. Just the trials of a young team, hope they can get some momentum for playoffs.

TC after a furious start is hitting a dry spell here. Could of lost to Miami East, surprise blowout lost to Greenon, and a tie a DC team your 4 goals better than by comparing results. Just the trials of a young team, hope they can get some momentum for playoffs.

transitive property does not apply in high school soccer.

transitive property does not apply in high school soccer.

Sure. But using previous results against similar opponents can be a talking/discussion point. No guarantees for sure though.

Correlation coefficient would have to be closer to 1 than 0 when comparing opponents and margin of victory etc on two similar sets of opponents. Have not done the math. Is it close enough away from 0 to 1 to make a difference. Who knows.

I think TC will be fine. DC is not a bad team and tied Worthington Christian earlier in the year. I think Greenon is just a really good team. (Although winning last night 18-0 raises some eyebrows about what they were trying accomplish)

St X center back scores directly from a corner kick and ref calls it back for a foul on the keeper. Unfortunately for the ref, the slow mo live feed shows that wasn’t the case. Unfortunately no VAR in high school.

St X center back scores directly from a corner kick and ref calls it back for a foul on the keeper. Unfortunately for the ref, the slow mo live feed shows that wasn’t the case. Unfortunately no VAR in high school.

Or, you can just congratulate the winner, and both teams for a well played match.

Or, you can just congratulate the winner, and both teams for a well played match.

I am sure you misunderstood. This wasn’t a sour grapes post at all. Take a look at the video, as I am sure it is probably floating around. Just sad to see a great goal taken away. Both teams were great, and I honestly thought Mason deserved the win based on the overall game.

Troy Christian beats Worthington Christian last night 1-0.

They have a surprisingly tough legacy Christian on Thursday for the league title and then state ranked Grandview heights on Saturday.

In the big SWBL showdown....and perhaps D-2 supremacy in SW Ohio.....Monroe and Oakwood tied again at 1 a piece. Both have the quality and resume to be a prime factor in the tournament.....but since both play in the same district.....only one will advance to regionals.

Troy Christian beats Worthington Christian last night 1-0.

They have a surprisingly tough legacy Christian on Thursday for the league title and then state ranked Grandview heights on Saturday.
They need to get that Metro Buckeye page updated faster. Last I looked , every team in the conference has a winning record.