The Official 2020 Cleveland Indians Thread

^Haha, this puts a smile on my face during awful days for the Tribe. Reminds me Cincinnati is still on our s*** for goodness knows what reason. I never give a thought to Cincinnati or any of its sports teams until one of you guys starts chirping. Thanks for the laugh!

^Haha, this puts a smile on my face during awful days for the Tribe. Reminds me Cincinnati is still on our s*** for goodness knows what reason. I never give a thought to Cincinnati or any of its sports teams until one of you guys starts chirping. Thanks for the laugh!

FWIW - I'm a Columbus guy and grew up as Reds/Browns fan. Root for the Tribe in the AL, but they are my #2 team. I was not chirping about the team; I actually enjoy the Reds thread because lots of fans who care share opinions, theories, etc. I was chirping about the lack of that on this thread - nothing but one guy complaining. I'd actually enjoy actual conversation about the Tribe, if there were any...

Back on track with two in a row,the games seem to be slower and not very entertaining.

The Tribe has about the 6th or 7th best starting lineup in the AL.

They won't go anywhere with that.

Starting pitching rules the postseason. Bieber / Plesac / Carrasco makes them a scary opponent for anyone. Ramirez is top 5 MVP candidate, and if Lindor suddenly becomes Lindor, they could make a run.

Starting pitching rules the postseason. Bieber / Plesac / Carrasco makes them a scary opponent for anyone. Ramirez is top 5 MVP candidate, and if Lindor suddenly becomes Lindor, they could make a run.

The bottom of the lineup is minor league quality when it come to hitting.

The bottom of the lineup is minor league quality when it come to hitting.
Same as most teams - look at the BA and OBP numbers around the MLB. There is not a single team ever that said "We will win the World Series because our bottom of the order is strong." Starting pitching is #1, having 4-5 reliable bats, and bullpen depth will win playoff series. Then hopefully a couple batters get hot for a short stretch...

Gentlemen,

MLB.com shows the Twins as having clinched the division under the standings tab. https://www.mlb.com/standings.

Am I missing something? I know the Twins hold a tie-breaker over the Tribe but if the Tribe wins out and the Twins lose out the Tribe wins the division do they not? It is possible that the Twins could still finish 3rd.

I see MLB.com has now corrected it...... Never mind. :)

Last edited:
To put into perspective just how ridiculously long the baseball season has become, Willie Mays incredible basket catch on game 1 of the World Series happened on this day in 1954.