Coincidence or Omen?

arizonawildcat

Last night lying on my couch watching an Indiana Jones movie I had never seen, something about crystal skulls, when Shia Leboef gets tangled in a spider web and all these large black scorpions start falling on him. Indiana tells him not to worry as it's the small scorpions you have to be careful of. Out of the corner of my eye, I see some movement. Sure enough, it was a bark scorpion, the kind you have to worry about. Well that scorpion put up quite a fight, raising its stinger as I hit him with shoe about ten times before he gave up. I get up this morning and there's another one in my living room. Am I being infested?

Arizona: ya gotta be tough - http://www.subzin.com/quotes/M10442...or+let+your+testicles+swing+up+under+the+wood.

Sorry, but the real scene was too hard to find on YouTube. Stern's face is priceless. His two best roles without Pesci are both Mexican-flavored, IMHO. He was hysterical in Born in East LA

It could always be worse, old man. At least you don't have an outhouse.

Call the pest control guy and withhold funds from your HOA, taffy-pockets. You are a lawyer. They will be scared of you. How many scorpions do you need to see, taffy-pockets ? Still got your First Communion money, I bet.....

Then, maybe, watch Milagro on demand before your boy Bieber beats the Yankees in game 1.

Great flick. Among other things, I never realized Earnest T Bass translates universally!!

Last edited:
I was once stung by one of these little creatures on my right forearm. It felt like whacking your funny bone into the wall. My arm and hand were paralyzed for 48 hours. I couldn't even close my hand to make a fist. If someone is allergic to the venom these creatures produce, I can see how they would die from a sting.

cabe, all politics aside you can really make me laugh. "Taffy pockets," still having his First Communion money, and one more confession before the Good Lord takes his Jesuit arse. ROTFL. Good stuff.

I was once stung by one of these little creatures on my right forearm. It felt like whacking your funny bone into the wall. My arm and hand were paralyzed for 48 hours. I couldn't even close my hand to make a fist. If someone is allergic to the venom these creatures produce, I can see how they would die from a sting.
Not good.

cabe, all politics aside you can really make me laugh. "Taffy pockets," still having his First Communion money, and one more confession before the Good Lord takes his Jesuit arse. ROTFL. Good stuff.

I have adopted azw as my Yappi Großvater. He needs to be in fighting shape.

Everything in the desert either sticks, pricks, bites, or eats red meat.

Lived in Apache Junction AZ during 5th - 7th grade, coming from a farm in southwestern PA. On a hiking trip in the Superstitions, I almost picked up what I thought was a crawfish on the ground.....it was a scorpion! Close call on that one.

Last night lying on my couch watching an Indiana Jones movie I had never seen, something about crystal skulls, when Shia Leboef gets tangled in a spider web and all these large black scorpions start falling on him. Indiana tells him not to worry as it's the small scorpions you have to be careful of. Out of the corner of my eye, I see some movement. Sure enough, it was a bark scorpion, the kind you have to worry about. Well that scorpion put up quite a fight, raising its stinger as I hit him with shoe about ten times before he gave up. I get up this morning and there's another one in my living room. Am I being infested?

Buy a black light (ultraviolet) the little suckers glow.

wide mouth ~ large glass jar ~ fill 1/4 with rubbing alcohol

pair of large self closing (squeeze to open) tweezers ~ some hobby shops have them

light'em up - tweeze them - drop them in the alcohol close the lid

++++++++++++++++++++++++

Outside...
I've been very successful at killing wasps/hornets/yellow-jackets by spraying
them with started fluid ~ drops them almost instantly.

Don't do this in the house or around any ignition source
(cigs-cigars-pilot-light- etc...)

:>---

SALT

Buy a black light (ultraviolet) the little suckers glow.

I've been very successful at killing wasps/hornets/yellow-jackets by spraying them with started fluid ~ drops them almost instantly.
Very cool about scorpions glowing, not that I intend to be in a position to test it out anytime soon!

Starter fluid to kill wasps - is that more cost-effective than the cans of wasp spray that shoot out 30 feet?

Once I was jabbed in the heel by a stingray - he punched thru the rubber of my surf shoe and drew blood, but fortunately didn't release any venom.